2 Longhorns, 1 former player arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Longhorns, 1 former player arrested

Starting cornerback Tarell Brown and backup safety Tyrell Gatewood were arrested Monday on misdemeanor marijuana charges.

Mack Brown has suspended both players from all team functions until further details can be obtained about the arrests.

Which begs the question, why can't these college players keep themselves out of trouble? I mean sure, we all partied in college, but this Brown kid was sleeping in the backseat of a car holding a loaded handgun in his lap while a former player who is high on pot was driving. Is it just me or is this a little more intense than the types of parties that I went to in college?

The high on pot and driving part. Been there and done that in college LOL. It's the handgun part that's a little different than anything I ever did in school!

Comment

Yeah, why the guns? Do they really need them in the middle of Austin, Texas when they are members of one of the best football programs around?

The last things to do while smoking weed are:

1. Be out in public
      2. Handle a gun

Stay in your room while smoking, let the gangsters carry the guns. And it is not an issue.

Comment

I think Mack Brown should make an example of these players by removing them permanently from the team. Texas doensn't need to build a reputation of producing pothead players. Ricky Williams was embarassing enough.

As for the handgun thing, I have no problem with a licensed citizen with no prior trouble with the law carring a concealed handgun. If you need a handgun for your personal protection, I believe that you should be able to have one. That being said, I think that if you are dumb enough to smoke pot or associate yourself with those types of people, that you don't deserve the right to carry any weapons legally or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12
          Yeah, why the guns? Do they really need them in the middle of Austin, Texas when they are members of one of the best football programs around?

Because they were thugs to begin with. Carrying weapons ought to be an automatic ouster,even moreso than drugs, IMHO.

Comment

The discipline usually depends on the quality of the player. If they can do without them, then they will make examples of them. If they are key players, they will try to sweep it under the rug and they will be back in uniform asap. It's all about the W's!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X