Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Early CFB Plays (Will Update)

Louisville - 13

Although l'm not completely sure about this pick, star QB (Brohm) out, star RB (Bush) out for season. l know Petrino has this offense running like a well oiled machine, but there are some doubts in my mind as to how they will perform from start to finish on the road. lm sure their defense will still be stout, and offense has TD producers, so it should be a safe bet, lm sure the line was hedged by two TDs because of the injuries, but l'll risk it.

Wisconsin +14.5

Hey, l know Michigan torched Notre Dame. But that was bound to happen when they met a good offense. Notre Dame's defense has been suspect all year, they just had the luck of the lrish on their side. Penn State could have easily kept up with them in Week 2, that is, if they had a QB with a brain. Wisconsin plays hard nosed defense. Since '99 these two teams have played five times. With the difference in score being 5, 3, 3, 7, 3. Now lm not saying Wisky will win, lm just saying they'll play hard nosed defensive Big 10 football. Since 1994, there has only been one game in 8 that has been won by over 10 points. Also looking for a let down from Michigan after the huge win last weekend. Maybe upset city.

UCLA - 3.5

UCLA has beaten Washington SU for the past 5 years. Last year being the closest win (4 pts). By power ratings, l had UCLA favored by 9 points, so getting them at a little over a field goal favorite is a deal. Washington's defense has struggled against the likes of San Jose St., Fresno St. and Oklahoma. While UCLA routed a good Utah squad, but let bad Rice hang around. UCLA is coming off a bye week and should be well rested and ready to tame the Huskies.

Utah - 10

This is not a gimme win for Utah at all. San Diego State has shown to be an above average team defensively (holding Wisconsin to only two TDs). While Utah has beaten up two cream puffs after an opening Saturday woodshed beating by a good UCLA team. l expect SDSt. to make it interesting, but don't know if they can put up enough pts to stay within reach of Utah.

USC - 21

l know what you are saying, damn, thats alot of points. But is it really? My Alma mater LSU hung 45 pts on Zona 2 weeks ago, and only gave up a late FG. And while l have a distinct dislike for all things SC, l would say they are as good or better (at least offensively) then my Tigers. Since 2002, USC has scored at least 41 pts on Zona's defense, while allowing 21 pts last year, 9 the year before that, and a shut out in 03. Last weekend Nebraska was able to score 14 pts on USC, one coming late in the game. SC has a good defense that should hold Zona's shakey Frosh QB from lighting them up, and Booty will have a party picking apart Zona's terrible secondary. Expect a ROUTE. 45-10.
    [I]"Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.”[/I]

Also watch the Purdue/Minnesota O/U, its at 64 now, which is a bit high for my blood, if it stays or starts to rise, l may just tease it in with some of the heavy favorites. The reason l bring this up is, in the last 12 years, when Purdue/Minn meet, the scores are as follows:

42-35=77
    28-15=43
    35-28=63
    38-24=62
    33-28=61
    56-21=77
    59-43=102
    30-27=57

West Virgina - 23

WVa can't be stopped, even on the road... at East Carolina (l know your thinking defensive struggle). Anyway, this is a no brainer, and will still cover even if Rich calls the dogs off at halftime.

Clemson - 16

John Bunting... need l say more... UNC will be lucky to beat Duke and whatever other cellar dweller can't manage a forward pass.
    [I]"Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.”[/I]

Comment

Working...
    X