No announcement yet.

Cardinals/Mets LCS Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passed but wish I would have stuck with the mets for 1 million, bagillion dollars. No really, good pass for me. Easy to say after the fact.

Onto game 7. Another tough call. Probably will pass or throw some on the Cards with my heart. Suppan vs. ????? I guess.

My opinion on game 6. Can;t win if you don;t score. Personally would have bunted Spezio in one of the early innings after Eckstien stole 2nd to go for the tie at 1-1 with Pujouls coming up with only 1 out. But Larussa probably 'over managed' when the normal play would have done and kept NY's momentum down. Kind of fundamental shit drives me nuts when he is suppossed to be a good manager-Hell a little league coach would have done that.

But Tony probably found a "4-9 situation when a guy with a red goatee is facing a guy with the same name as a North Easter State and the temperature is exactly 63 degrees and a plane is flying out of the Airport at that time and Willie Randolph has one shoe un-done, angle." BUNT THE FREAKIN BALL--may not haver changed anything but at least we get a run on the board!

Probably obver analyzing it myself, but this is the only time of year when I do it b/c the baseball season is too long to be freakin Stupid!! AND sit ROLEN--he is hurt and who cares what he says--hes making miliions--boo-hoo!! Love the guy but know when you're hurting the team not helping!

K---got my rant out and onto game 7 and a happy time.

Win or lose, I will booze.

Baseball or any sport for that matter is not the end of the world-but its fun to talk about. I am a die-hard card fan but do realize its a small piece of the puzzle of life and am much happy to have fun with people that are healthy and happy around me. GO CARDS!!! and hope some of you made some money while this series was over-analyzed by me but had fun!!

Comment

wow- my change my name to Mr. Run-on Sentence. A bit over hyped I guess plus had a couple beers along the way!

Comment

Like Tony Bennett once sang it, the moment of truth at last is here.........Cardinals tonight behind the "Soup" master and on to the World Series where they will beat the Tigers (more on that later).........It just figures that for the last 5 years or so, the Redbirds have been favored to go to and win the World Series, and now this year, when nobody gives them half a chance, they'll go on for the glory.......It figures......no prediction on a score, just that the Cards will win fairly easily, and that's that......good luck everybody.
        ;)

Comment

Its hards to argue with the cards winning tonight but winning the series you have got some big ones to call that. Interested to hear what you have to say about the world series. You have pretty much nailed it on the head with the Mets/Cards series. Hope to hear what you have to say after the game tonight.
          jpehl

Comment

Ended up playing the cards +105. probably 1/2 unit. Good luck and either way gotta love game 7's. Off to the pub!

Comment

Whew !!!!.........It wasn't that easy, but it would have been if it wasn't for that snow cone catch of Rolen's blast early in the game.....Gotta hand it to "Soup" for the way he persevered and held the Mets to 2 hits.......phoenomenal........but the whole team came together for this series and they have definitely got the momentum headin' to Detroit.....Congratulations Woodee, you deserve it pal.......Maybe we can get a new "World Series" thread started tomorrow, since I'm too elated and still shaking too much from this big emotional and profitable win to elaborate now.......I won't over analyze the World Series becuase that's not my style......I stick to gut feelings and instincs and line swings.....but we'll talk about that in tomorrow's post........"Soup" got MVP!!!!!!!.....gotta love him.....Good Luck and party on guys !!!!!
              ;)

Comment

Whatever
                [COLOR=Red]Arizona DiamondBacker[/COLOR]

Comment

The better team won. Give it to the cards there better. Now on to the short game series were about to watch.
                  Enjoy the celebrating
                  jpehl

Comment

Gotta Love the bitter Cub fans around here. Pisses me off b/c I seriously would root for the cubs if they were here. And I kind of know rick thru other stuff and think he would have a better copmment than "WhatEver."

I guess shows the class of the real baseball fans. No matter what team it is, the only thing that makes me angry is the ignorant fans who will openly root for the 'other' teams because their team isn't in it. I Was at the bar tonight and out of nowhere people start cheering for the Mets that were talking about how huge of cubs fans they are a bit earlier. Cubs are huge in my area BUT PLEASE RESPECT the team that is there, and please don't root for the 'other' team when you have no more roots to NY than I do. If you are wearing Mets gear, Root on and I will be the 1st to congratulate you but if not, knock off the ignoratnt BS!!!

As much a I dislike the the cubs fans or other fans who are mad at who is in the world series, I will certianly not ever root against them. Please grow up or keep waiting for the next 1908 season you have been dreaming of as the Cards keep playing October baseball.

Comment

Question: Do you know what God told the Chicago Cubs?

Answer: Don't do anything until I get back.

I hear you Woodee, L.A. is filled with a bunch of fair-weather fans too......They wear their Dodger shit all year and then start loving whatever teams are still alive in the playoffs.........That's one of the reasons I was so against the Mets, everybody out here was already crowning them when they swept the Dodgers.....Hell, the Dodgers beat themselves by forgetting how to play fundamental baseball, period.........How in the hell did the Mets expect to advance with that pitching staff?........Like Rick says, 'whatever".......Anyway, I still wear my Dodger cap whenever I'm out on the go, and I saw a girl the other day at the gas station that told me to "take that thing off" after the Dodgers were eliminated.....I just laughed and said "Why?, they're still my team".......Just like the so-called Raider fans out here, shit, when they won 3 pre-season games, you couldn't go ten feet without seeing some kind of Raider gear or attire, now I haven't seen anything with "Raiders" on it since I watched their last game........But I'm predicting they'll get their first win this weekend, and by Monday, the town will once again be covered in silver and black.
                      ;)

Comment

Whacha thinking for game 3? leaning cards and carp at home but hard for me to make an unbiased pick. Know it will be rocking in ST. Louie tonight!

Will be another chilly game I would imagine. Hope Carp got some of that good stuff from Kenny to load the ball up!

Comment

I'm going over 7.5. The Tigers hit lit up Carpenter for 7 hits once already this year and Robertson is no Cy Young. 7.5 seems low to me.

Comment

I'm just making a small parlay bet with Det +1.5 and OV 8. Go Tigers!

Comment

Working...
                            X