No announcement yet.

WORLD SERIES HYPE THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, I've gotta get an entire print-out of this thread because of the enthusiasm of all the guys, the sportsmanship (despite my gloating), and for prosperity.....simply because I don't think another series will ever play out as well as this one did.

Money and profits aside, you've gotta hand it to a guy like Jeff Weaver who just 4 months ago or so was given up for dead......Released by the Angels, and reborn with the Cardinals.........I'm happier for him (a former Dodger) than for anyone else......Except maybe for Woodee........hey champ, we missed you on this thread the last few games, but I just figured you were out doing better things (like celebrating) and you were probably too nervous to respond to our daily gibberish........Either way, congratualtions to you and the city of St. Louis for a job well done.

In closing, anyone that's been reading my "crap" as Jpehl puts it, knows that I'm far from being a St.Louis fan myself.........but I truly believed that the San Diego Padres had a great chance to go far in these playoffs and when I saw the job the Redbirds did on them (taking the first 2 games in San Diego), I knew they came to the playoffs with their proverbial "game faces" on............The Mets series wasn't as close as it ended up, even though the Cards supposedly beat the "best team in the majors" according to most..........Well, I just figured that after they did that, this series was a foregone conclusion.......and it was.

Thanks everyone and good luck, now it's on to the NFL and let's win there too...................Boone.
    ;)

Comment

why call me out

Comment

Cause you're the only one talking to me lately.........and didn't you ask me yesterday how could I think of charging for my "crap"?.............It's all good.
        ;)

Comment

oh i forgot about that. i was just giving you shit.
          jpehl

Comment

the whole regular & post season sucked ballz. baseball sucks now these days anyway. all the bullshit about rhoids and supplements and blah...blah...blah...thank god for football where thay are all just strong athletes. is the series still going on or is it still delayed becase of snow?

Comment

Uhhh how many athletes got busted for roids in football last two weeks.
              jpehl

Comment

Yet another disgruntled Tiger fan.........
                ;)

Comment

Lol, The Rangers win it all next year. Its a given Buck got fired. History repeats itself.
                  jpehl

Comment

I hope you're talking about the New York Rangers because the future looks very bleak for your beloved Texas teams, my son.............I think when the Texas Longhorns whipped my USC Trojans for the National Championship last season, that was the last hurrah for anything coming out of Texas for awhile..........Granted, the Mavericks came close, but they blew it big time (along with alot of my well-earned money, you'll be happy to know) and I'm not sure they'll be the same team this year...........I will say that believe it or not, the Cowboys looked primed to upset this week in the NFL.......I'm not joking either.......watch them play big this weekend after last weeks catastrophe........Good Luck
                    ;)

Comment

Boy of boy, were starting to think alike. Man first off i dont want to talk about the Mavs, very tender spot in my heart and my wallet. Dwade took acting lessons and won. end of story. The Cowboys, Ive been thinking upset since the lines came out. I can feel it. they play well as underdogs under Parcells. Watch Romo this week end i think he will answer alot of questions. Im not being bias on this one. When i Played monday night i had that bad feeling that im laying a goose egg.. When i play this sunday night i will have confidence promise.
                      jpehl

Comment

hey boone,
                        if you are referring to me as a "disgruntled tiger fan" you couldnt be more wrong. i dont give a flying shit about any mlb team. the only baseball teams i care about are the little league ones that i coach each year and the high school/college teams that many of my former players are on. MLB has turned into the most boring unattractive major sport now. season is waaaay too long and trying to play a world series in 30 something windchill weather is simply a stroke of genius. mlb is nothing more than prostitutes running for the $$. my little leaguers wanted to go as a team to a spring training game here this past season and i kiboshed that plan and took them 6 weeks later to a local high school game (with several former players of mine in it) instead. i explained to this wide-eyed group of 9 & 10 year olds that the other guys that they would watch on TV were playing mostly to collect a paycheck and that these older high school kids didnt get paid to play. needless to say, the kids had just as much fun and we didnt have to worry about any holdouts, balco accusations, shoving of media members, or having to shell out $15 for a dog and a soda. mlb is a watered down product and until my sports pages contain a majority of on field stuff and not this off field bullshit i wont watch a game unless i have a wager on it.

Comment

Point very well put and very well taken sir......Sorry, I was a little excited at the time, and perhaps feeling the oats just a tad......Hope I didn't ruffle any feathers.
                          ;)

Comment

Yeah i have to agree with you on this one. The season is way to long and drawn out. the weather is terrible usually During the playoffs, and those of you who have picked a ball or bat in this weather know that its no fun. Steroids have taken over baseball. It was almost better to let them take them and no one say anything. The older i get the less and less i do like baseball. I think you had the right idea by going to the high school game, as that is where the true game still exist. College baseball is polluted just as well with steroids. I can understand your stance on mlb. Goodluck.
                            jpehl

Comment

Now Barry Bonds goes on the free agent block........Perhaps he can sign with the Houston Astros and we can call him the "Human Astro-roid".
                              ;)

Comment

For some reason i have this bad feeling that the Rangers are going to sign him. They have a tendancy to sign has beens.
                                jpehl

Comment

Working...
                                X