No announcement yet.

WORLD SERIES HYPE THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"its just dirt" lol bullshit... He pitched great though. Baseball kind of slid this one under the rug kind of like something else they slid under the rug about 5 years ago. Hmmm makes you think.
    jpehl

Comment

It's Tuesday 10/24/06 and it took me a couple of days to get over Sunday's loss, but you gotta give credit where credit is due......Whether or not Rogers was cheating Sunday night isn't a big deal, because everbody cheats in every sport nowadays, that's just the way it is folks..........As a matter of fact, the game was really not as close as the final score indicated.....sure those Tiger bettors probably shit their shorts a couple of times in the 9th inning, but if the Cards were gonna do anything that night, it would have started in the earlier innings.......Which brings us to tonight.......I'm so sure on this game of the Cards winning that I'm really tempted to lay the 1 1/2 runs to get the +145.......but that would border on greed and the only reason I've been this lucky so far is that I haven't been greedy.

I hope it's not as cold as Woodee says it will be, since I think it would help the line-drive hitting Tigers (Kitty Kats) more than the yard-popping Cards line-up. Either way, they both gotta play in it..........Thinking Carpenter is overdue to pitch a big one, and the roar of the home crowd should be all it takes to get him over the hump (unless he picked up some pine tar from K.Rogers foot locker)..........Anyway, Cards easy tonight, with no prediction on the total since you could do just as good on that by flipping a coin.......Good Luck guys.
      ;)

Comment

I really wish everyone would drop this dirt/pinetar thing. Its funny the people who never played or watched baseball dont understand. It happens. I think that La Russa didnt say anything because of two reasons he and Leyland are friends and that Weaver probally had some some where promise. try throwing a ball in under 40 degree weather. The batters probally thank him at the end of the night. Now i have nothing more to say about it, its not a big deal. I wish espn would quit talking about it to. On to the game, cold weather again I think that boone is probally right about this game. Im taking the tigers tongiht just because of the value at +134. Cant see a big scoring game. Good luck to everyone.
        jpehl

Comment

Couldn't resist..........Just now pulled the trigger of greed:

Parlay:

St.Louis Cardinals - 1 1/2
          New Jersey Devils -135

Pays $317.78 for every $100 wagered !
          ;)

Comment

317 for 100 where are you playing at

Comment

didnt see the parlay. sorry

Comment

Bodog, but it didn't matter -- cuz it didn't hit.....New Jersey ate it.........Oh well, c'mon Cards, just win baby (smile).
                ;)

Comment

We still have hockey in the US. lol

Comment

Not in Arizona...Well not this guy anyway..
                    [COLOR=Red]Arizona DiamondBacker[/COLOR]

Comment

Sorry, Thought you said Loved hockey in the US....
                      [COLOR=Red]Arizona DiamondBacker[/COLOR]

Comment

Posting early today for game 4 (Wednesday) since I'll probably be out looking at champagnes most of the day.

Well, what can I say?......so far, this series has gone pretty much according to plan:

1. The Tigers rookie pitchers are choking, or at least inneffective.

2. The designated hitter rule has favored St.Louis so far (Carpenter's sacrifice last night to help add insurance run in 8th).

3. Rolen and Pujols and the whole Cardinal team have turned it on.

4. The odds have been great.

5. Ivan 'Pudge" Rodriguez has once again pulled his disappearing act when his team needs him the most (O-for-the-series and counting).

6. Jim Leyland helped us along by bringing in the wild (and very nervous) Joel Zumaya to help us tack on a couple of insurance runs in last night's Game 3.

It's all well and good but we are by no means out of the woods yet.........You see I had been waiting for tonight's game with high anticipation, having been on the "Soup Wagon" (The Jeff Suppan Bandwagon for you newbies) throughout the playoffs, and also figured that Jeremy Bondage-man would fall apart once he got a good look at the Cardinals batters in their home yard, but I got a little nervous when I saw the opening line on this one.

This game should have opened up at St. Louis -150..... not -115 and I hate it when something looks this easy.............But by the same token, how in the hell could the oddsmakers still have the Tigers listed as a -150 Series favorite going into yesterday's game in St. Louis with the Cards playing the next 3 games at home?!?!!!............Go figure.........I mean let's be honest, does anybody out there still think that the Tigers are the dominant team in this series?..........Let's be real, you take away that Kenny Rogers "pinetar" game, and we're looking at a St. Louis sweep tonight......one clutch hit in the 9th inning Sunday, and the Redbirds would have the Red Wine on the ice tonight !!!!

In the end, I've gotta root for the Cards again tonight, but I can't play them........I think I'll lay low with all the other action still pending, and wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they dropped a tough, close game.......Cuz I've got a funny feeling that they will win this thing in Detroit against......yup, Kenny Rogers !!......He won't be able to handle the media scrutiny from his "Tar-gate" incident, and it will do him in.......Let's face it, we"ve watched him self-destruct in front of the media before.............Good Luck guys.
                        ;)

Comment

You know boone ive got a plan. Im going to bet on the cards for the rest of the series. No matter what im taking the cards. This way they are bound to lose. Its my new plan. Man ive got to win one day. I feel like a bigger looser then the raiders right now. One thing i never do is say i told you so before the thing is over. Theres still alot of ball to play and i would hate for you to waste that bottle of champagne. As for the calls yeah good job so far.
                          jpehl

Comment

I'm laughin' my ass off Jpehl........You crack me up........I love that "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" attitude......But don't worry, that champagne won't go to waste, cuz if I lose.......I'll be drinking it to drain my sorrows........Good Luck man!
                            ;)

Comment

Its the jpehl jinx watch and wonder. This weekend im letting my three year old cousin pick all the games. Im just going to do a unit a game. Just for shits and giggles Ill post the picks might be interesting. Ive always thought that people who knew nothing about gambling always do the best. I think at times we out think ourselves. #1 rule K.I.S.S.
                              jpehl

Comment

Anyone know if werehaving a rain out tonight.
                                jpehl

Comment

Working...
                                X