I also have been drilling down on the odds
    and I think the World Series stays and ends
    in St.Louis.

But I Never count Leyland out, he is as crafty
    as a squirell, and those pesky Tigers are loaded
    for BEAR

Soup game 4, Cards Win up 3-1, lose
    2-2 one more in the gateway, then onto Detroit

The real question to you Mr Boone I have is this....

Considering it playing out to a 6 or 7 game series
    who will the cardinals throw in Detroit (if it comes to it)
    game 6.....I believe it to be the rookie Reyes....

In my mind it is do or die for the Cards to win
    2 straight with thier best Pitchers going, failure to
    do will spell doom, just maybe thats why the odds
    makers still like the tigers chances.....

Just fodder for the cannon Boone...

Carpet

Semper Fi

Comment

Very good points indeed Carpet Master, but tonight's rain-out kind of answers that question for all of us..........The ideal scenario would be to pitch Reyes for game 5 as he is currently scheduled, Weaver for game 6 (matching up against K. Rogers again) and Carpenter for game 7, now that he'll have 4 days rest.......Heck, the way Soup is going, if he doesn't strain too bad in tomorrow's game, he might be available for some relief innings should this thing go to game 7...........I'm hoping it doesn't get that stressful, 'cause I don't want my champagne to start going flat...........Take care and good luck Carpet.
      ;)

Comment

GAME 4 -- THURSDAY OCT. 26, 2006

Alright now I'm really pissed (yeah right)........I wasn't gonna touch this game because it looked too good to be true, but now I see the oddsmakers mocking me by making Jeremy (Pilsbury Doughboy) Bonderman a -106 favorite against my boy Suppan in his own yard?!!!?........This is horseshit !!!!........It's actually gonna make me go against one of my own personal commandments (never force a bet from anger or revenge) and cause me to get involved in this one...........Even though I get the feeling that Suppan may not be as sharp in this game as he has been (it's tough to pitch in these kind of elements), I just see Bungleman going out and giving up 6 runs or so, inside of four innings........Hope my hunch is right, or I'll be forced to double my action for the rest of the series.........Good Luck guys !!!!!
        ;)

Comment

These rain outs are killing me. The tigers cant get anything going because of all these delays. This is leaning towards the cards tonight but its hard for me to take them. If the cards win tonight go ahead and pop that cork as this one is in the books. Dont see them winning tonight. I think its going to be a sloppy game. I wish both teams would show up and play. This series is boring me. Maybe because im losing. Okay well Im playing the over tonight. Goodluck
          jpehl

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn.........Eh hum.............Cough.............Yaaaaaawwwwwwwww wnnnnnnnn.
            ;)

Comment

yeah shut up

Comment

Originally posted by Boone Moone
                Yaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn.........Eh hum.............Cough.............Yaaaaaawwwwwwwww wnnnnnnnn.

You opened up that bottle didn't you...
                [COLOR=Red]Arizona DiamondBacker[/COLOR]

Comment

Take away that pine tar and we have ourselves a sweep, gentlemen.
                  ;)

Comment

Well the fat lady is getting ready to take the stage. Man I will say its not over but you nailed it. Nice calls. (so far)
                    jpehl

Comment

Originally posted by Boone Moone
                      Take away that pine tar and we have ourselves a sweep, gentlemen.
                      Get real dude, he pitched great after that pine tar...

Comment

that was pinetar i thought it was dirt.They would never lie to us would they?

Comment

Amazing, truly freakin' amazing that the oddsmakers still see fit to have the Tigers favored at -130 in tonight's Game 5 despite the fact that:

1. The Tigers have self-destructed in this series.
                          2. The game is be played in St. Louis.
                          3. The Cardinals have simply out-played everyone in the post-season.
                          4. The pressure is really on the young Tiger ballclub like never before.

But you see, what the oddsmakers figure, is that anyone that started out this series by betting on the Tigers (which is practically everyone), is going to continue to bet them game after game thinking that they have to win a game sooner or later -- and that these derelict Tiger bettors are too stubborn or stupid to change horses in the middle of the race, even after knowing that these two teams really are mismatched..............So, they keep on favoring the Tigers, the public continues to play them, and the bookies are laughing all the way to the bank........To me, it's like Christmas in October.

Which brings us to Friday night's game five.........Now even though I get the feeling that the Redbirds will put the Tigers out of their misery tonight, it wouldn't make sense for me to go heavy in this spot since I only need to win ONE more game out of the next three to claim MY prize, so there's no sense in rushing things or being extra greedy.......However, even though I rarely look at, let alone play the TOTAL of a baseball game, I really like the looks of the UNDER play for tonight's game.......It's cold, there's alot of pressure here, and I just think that tonight's game will be played "close to the vest" so to speak......A nerve-filled, low-scoring event where ONE run might win it for you............Whichever way you decide to go, I just wanna say that this has been a fun post-season that I have thoroughly enjoyed with all of you, and I wish my fellow BW players all the best for the weekend and Good Luck to all.
                          ;)

Comment

One day i will open my eyes and side with you. Out of stupidity i expect it to go back to detroit. Dont have reasoning except that detroit has simpily given this series away. The cards showed up to play and you could tell the expierence they had. I havent given up on Detroit just yet. I agree i think this is going to be a close one decided by one run. I do think it will go over though. No eras tonight and detroit wins. Im playing the over. Nothing else. Enjoyed this thread so far. Good luck to everyone tonight.
                            Jpehl

Comment

THE BEST PLAYER IN BASEBALL

It amazes me of the heart that this kid has. I cant imagine how many people told him he wasnt good enough or wasnt big enough growing up. This kid only makes 3.3 mill a year. His heart is worth more then that to any professional team. To see him throw to first makes my shoulder cringe as i dont understand how he does it. In my eyes he is what baseball once was and should be in the future. You probally want find any supplements in this guys locker. He is a warrior and baseball is lucky to have him. I hope that Eckstein takes home the vet tonight. Nice series guys.
                              jpehl

Comment

I am happy for Woodee and Boone, Congrats guys you deserve it...I still don't like them... Enjoy the bottle Boone...

Now out to have a few beers myself...

Comment

Working...
                                X