7 Game series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 Game series

The last year I have been thinking that the way the seven game series is set up does not give the home team an advantage. Any oppinions ill be back later with explaination.
    jpehl

The 2-3-2 format does hurt the home team. You lose 1 of the first 2 at home then you are screwed. Then again the method they are using to determine the home team (All Star game winner) is absolutely ridiculous. So I have no pity for the home team.

Comment

Not just baseball for all sports. Baseball is whack right now with deciding the home team.
      jpehl

Comment

They could have played this series in the Persian Gulf and the results would have been the same.
        ;)

Comment

See i didnt want to post this during the world series because i knew you would say that. This really isnt based only on the series. It does play a factor but just a small one. This really goes back to the NBA finals. I dont even want to start that arguement. Big Mavs fan. My point is that I think that no team should get three games at home in a row. Im really starting to not like the setup.Any one else. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WS.
          jpehl

Comment

I just had to ride you one last time Jpehl, but seriously, back in the day (when I was a kid), the format was 2-2-1-1-1..............that is 2 games at home, then 2 games on the road, then back-and forth from city to city until the thing got decided................I think the league (or whoever pays for it) got tired of forking out all the bucks for so much travelling, and now we have the f*cked up format we have now........that's all I can figure.

I agree with you though (wow, did I say that?) that it would be a lot more compatible, and competitive for everyone if they went back to the old way of doing things.
            ;)

Comment

I agree with you though (wow, did I say that?) that it would be a lot more compatible, and competitive for everyone if they went back to the old way of doing things.
              I thought the only thing we agreed on was to disagree.I dont know if i posted this right.
              jpehl

Comment

Hey man, you're the one disagreeing.........You just said a couple of days ago, that you were gonna start betting on the Cardinals every game to the end, so that they would lose..........And then you turn around and go with Detroit tonight in hopes that the series would return there.........Why?
                ;)

Comment

Actually i quit taking sides and started betting the total after game three. I didnt take the cards because hmmm....... im hard headed, dumb, ignorant, i dotn know im sure i could find a few more. Truthfully I didnt like the cards or the tigers. I did like the tigers to win. You know like i said earlier i was really eyeing those cards to win lines. I cant say that i would have ever pin pointed it on game five, but man that would have been nice. The thought crossed my mind but i would have never done it. I was off the whole series. Thats why i started betting the totals instead. I had better luck with that.
                  jpehl

Comment

Working...
                  X