Emerald Bowl Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emerald Bowl Preview

Emerald Bowl – Florida State (6-6) vs. UCLA (7-5)
    8:00 pm Eastern
    ESPN

Opening Line: UCLA - 5

UCLA and Florida State come into the Emerald Bowl in San Francisco tonight headed in different directions. The Bruins come off the biggest win any team had this season, a 13-9 upset of USC, while the Seminoles come into the game at 6-6 and in danger of finishing the season with a losing record. Reports from
    SBG Globaltell us that although the betting public is hitting USC hard, they are also playing the total under dropping the line from 40.5 down to 38.5.

UCLA has made five straight bowl appearances while Florida State is heading to a bowl for the 25th year in a row. It is a very disappointing bowl game for the Seminoles though. "A very disappointing year," said head coach Bobby Bowden. "I think we'd get a very unanimous vote on that."

Bowden has decided to start Drew Weatherford at quarterback for this game over Xavier Lee. Both played poorly all season. "I am glad I have another opportunity," Weatherford said. "I am looking forward to taking advantage of it. We have had great practices. It has been easy to concentrate and just play football. It is going to be important for me to have good pocket presence and to be decisive, know my reads, and to move the ball."

This game could be a defensive struggle since neither team has much of an offense. UCLA also had the 33rd ranked defense in the country this season.

UCLA is a 3 point favorite with a total of 39 at
    SBG Global.

UCLA is 13-13-1 all-time in bowls while Florida State is 20-13-2.

The Seminoles are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games as an underdog. Florida State is 0-5 ATS in their last 5 night games.

The Bruins are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall. They are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 non-conference games and they are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 night games.

The Under is 7-2 in the Seminoles last 9 games as an underdog. The Under is 37-15 in the Seminoles last 52 night games. The Over is 7-3 in the Seminoles last 10 games overall. The Under is 6-1 in the Bruins last 7 games as a favorite and it is 10-2 in their last 12 games overall. The Under is 4-1 in the Bruins last 5 Bowl games.

SBG Globalclients receive up to a 30% online deposit bonus and entry into the $500,000 College Bowl Bonanza!

Working...
X