College BB Teasers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College BB Teasers

I don't usually post my teaser plays, ok never, yet... I think a lot of handicappers still think that it is a fool's play. That being said, I find great value in moving the line in a game which I've capped and "parlaying" that with another. I use 4-point teasers (2 selections minus 110)
    Tonight in College Basketball, in the first 14 games, only two favs covered (Manhatten and Missouri St), 12 dogs covered outright. The two Favs would not of covered the spread if teased. As I stated in Woodee's thread, I find more value in teasing the dog and adding points then teasing a Fav subtracting points.
    Just wandering what other's thoughts are on this. It certainly worked in the football this past weekend.

Last night (Monday), all dogs would have covered if teased. Last night was rare, but it helped prove my point a little bit anyway.

Comment

First Predictions. Tuesday evening
      4 Point Col. BB teasers

N.Ill +10 with Texas +8

(N ILL won both meetings last year)
      (Texas already 3-0 in conference play)

Maryland +5.5 with C. Mich +12

Maryland has won last 6 meetings
      Conference Record: CMU 2-1, WMU 1-2.

Good Luck

Comment

Good Luck SS, I know nothing when it comes CBB
        good luck

Comment

I like teasers a lot and have had some success when I limit the action to one or 2 a night.

I like the ones you have so far and I may stop back and post mine too.

Maybe we can start a teaser of the day thread for college hoops and make some nice cash.

Comment

My Teaser of the day:

Kind of a variation of yours.

Texas +9.5
            Central Michigan +12.5

(5-point tease)

Comment

Hey SS
              How would your BB games come out with out teasers?
              In the NFL all the dogs covered with out adding points so it would have cost you money if you all ready like the dogs.
              I dont play teasers that often but if you are winning keep going with it!!!

Comment

Hoops teasers are a losing proposition. I hold all of the teaser action that my "friends" ask me to get down for them,and trust me I do very well in doing so.
                It doesn't take a zoologist to identify the ass.^^^^

Comment

Oh well, 2 and 2 with no profit. Wrong pairings.
                  Congrats Woodee on yours, nice work.
                  What is the juice on a 6 pointer anyway?

KJALB: I like moving the lines to edge my handicapping, the problem is winning two bets instead of one. Paying juice on a teaser is sometimes cheaper than moving the lines in straight bets. It's also a good thing when you like a team with your heart, but you know deep down they just can't win. But again, you need two outcomes, not just one.
                  Oh well, I'll keep trying.

Comment

Thanks...they are 5 point teasers actually...think it may be -125 at Olympic.

Spang does have a good point that they can be a bad thing too. They have to be used right and not over done as I have found out. But one a night in the right situation has been profitable to me personally. Not hitting 90% or anything but have made profit off them overall in college hoops this year.

Loving the theory of teasing dogs not favs. And that has helped open my eyes to some new value too. i really think if you are going to tease favs, you may be better off parlaying them on the ML.

Overall, lines get tight at times, epeciall in conference action and a tease can work if used smartly. But I know there are some that have opposite opinion. And overall the straight bet is the best way to go.

Anyway, good luck and hopefully we can get some more college hoop talk going in here. Its been kind of quiet lately.

Comment

Betting teasers on college sports is a losing proposition. You can find some books that will give you better odds if you bet on teasers for college sports because they know the likelyhood of wining is very slim. If you have to bet teasers, never bet favorites or college sports.

Comment

Don't know if you can say never but do see your point. Over the really long haul, teasers may not be that great and some people juts don;t like them, but there are spot which I think they work.

Favs, I agree with you, but all college is not a bad bet.

Anyway, good points and if it teasers were so great, they wouldn;t be available if they were a way to kill your book. So I think its a toss up and personal preference.

I am going to keep a close eye on my college hoops teaser plays and will report back.

Comment

To oppose me tonight;

I had Coloroado who won SU, and Notre Dame + the extra points who got killed.

A good point in teasers! ND seemed like the lock + the points, let alone extra points.

So the jury is still out.

Comment

Working...
                          X