Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BETMAKER.COM STOLE FROM ME AND COVERED IT UP…. DON’T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BETMAKER.COM STOLE FROM ME AND COVERED IT UP…. DON’T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!!

In September 2006 I went to my Betmaker.com account and found that my balance of $5400 had mysteriously been reduced to zero. I looked at the account history and discovered that the money had been transferred to their poker room and “lost”. I’ve never played poker on that site. Clearly, someone had broken into my account, transferred the money to poker, and dumped it all off to their own account or that of an accomplice. I called Betmaker to report the problem. At first I was dismissed (I guess they get a lot of these kind of complaints) but eventually I was transferred to the poker site management where I spoke to a supervisor named Juan. He took my complaint seriously and said he would immediately begin an investigation. Not quite, as it turns out.

I called back in a week and Juan said they were doing the investigation and would email me as soon as they knew anything. I called again next week and Juan told me the same story. Before hanging up, Juan began asking me for some of the details he would need to begin the case. It was clear he had done nothing and only now was intending to start any kind of an investigation. After another two months of my weekly telephone calls, Juan finally told me he had finished his investigation and it showed that the breach in security had definitely come from their end. He said unfortunately it was not up to him to decide how to proceed and that the matter would have to be kicked up to senior management. I told him I was relieved to hear this good news. Juan told me I could expect a resolution to this matter in just a few days. I asked him how many “a few” was. He said I should expect a response within three to five days. Juan sounded sincere. I was optimistic. I was an idiot.

I called Juan back in a week and was told that he had not heard back from “upper management” on the matter. I called again next week and was told the same story. This went on for some time. I frequently asked Juan why it was taking so long since his own investigation had showed that the breach ocurred on Betmaker’s end. He said, “These things take time”. Two and a half months went by since Juan had first told me that the leak ocurred on their end and we were just waiting for management’s “response”. I started to get the impression they were just going to stall indefinately, hoping I would just go away.

Finally, I called Juan on a Tuesday and he told me I would have an answer on Friday. Friday came and went with no word. On Saturday I emailed to inquire what was going on. Betmaker responded via email that they were not going to refund my money because they felt that the breach in security happened on my end and that they were not responsible. Incredulous, I called Juan to ask about his telling me repeatedly over the last two months that the breach occurred on their end. He said, "No, I told you it did NOT happen on our end". This was no mistake. This couldn’t be anything other than a lie. He didn’t tell me ONE time. I called back repeatedly and EACH time he confirmed that the leak was on THEIR end and that upper management would have to determine how they would proceed. This was no “misunderstanding”. This was a cover-up.

While I had Juan on the phone, he told me he had indisputable proof that the leak did not happen on their end but that I would have to come to Costa Rica to view the evidence. He was very mysterious. He said the evidence was not something that could be emailed. He said it couldn’t be mailed to me either. He even said the evidence was not something that could be described to me over the phone. Furious now, I immediately called this ridiculous bluff. I told the forum moderator at theprescription.com my situation. They have personnel in Costa Rica and volunteered to inquire on my behalf to view this so-called “evidence”. The inquiry was brushed off. No evidence was given by Betmaker of any kind. Betmaker only said that they felt it was not their fault and that somebody had gotten into my account at MY end and taken a “free” gamble with the money.

This claim is outlandish. Juan investigated the matter and said for months that the security breach happened at their end, not mine. All online poker sites everywhere have detailed hand histories of every single hand played. It would be simple to investigate how my money was “lost” and who it was “lost” to. Betmaker must know EXACTLY who stole my money (assuming they didn’t simply take it themselves). Betmaker jerked me around for several months and don’t appear to have made any attempt to follow the obvious money-trail behind the theft of my $5400. They have given absolutely no evidence to support their “feeling” that the security breach occurred on my end. In fact, I was told repeatedly by their representive, Juan, that his investigation determined that the breach was definitely on their end.

After Betmaker stole this money from me (or looked away while they allowed it to be stolen), I got worried because I also had a large sum of money at BetCRIS.com and they use the same software as Betmaker. I called BetCRIS customer support and requested that they block my account from being able to transfer funds to their poker room. Their rep said I didn’t need to worry because BetCRIS had never had any problems like that. Then, unsolicited, she talked about several instances of this type of incident happening at Betmaker.com.

I suspect that it was either Betmaker themselves, or somebody intimately associated with Betmaker that stole my money. They have lied repeatedly during the aftermath of this incident. They haven’t taken the first step of conducting any kind of investigation. They never even let me see the poker hand histories that show how my money was “lost” and who it was “lost” to.

They want me to just go away. I can’t do that. I can’t let them get away with stealing $5400 from me. I also don’t want any of my fellow gamblers to be swindled in similar fashion.

So be careful. Don’t do business with Betmaker.com. Because Betmaker.com stole $5400 from me and covered it up. Don’t let this happen to you.

Speedy - Betmaker was once an independent shop.

They are now backed by CRIS. Just like DSI and a few others.

Several accounts were compromised prior to CRIS taking over. I can verify this, because my account was one of them.

My account was compromised after cris took over. Same situation. I logged in one day and my balance was zero. Same story. They (betmaker) told me that the money was lost playing poker.

Since this happened after cris took over, cris took care of the problem.

If this happened to you while they had the CRIS software, than I would look to speak with someone at CRIS that is higher up than just a phone rep.

Contact me for more info

Comment

This did happen after the software was changed over to the same as
      Betcris's.

Could you tell me who I should talk to at Cris? Rick, over at the prescription said he would first talk to Cris. I believe he started there. I don't know what they said to him at all.

Comment

Wow I just read this, thats bad. I've been screwed a couple times back in the day but nothing this bad.

Comment

Working...
        X