A Must Read- Info on college bye weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Must Read- Info on college bye weeks

O.K here's the scoop. I went through all of the scores of teams coming off of a bye week or atleast 9-10 days rest. You are going to love this... Overall record 48-11-4. As I broke it down, the away favorites were 7-2-2 with one of the losses being Wake Forest letting Duke cover after they led by 20 something. The home favorites were 18-5-1. Some of the losses were Cal upset by Oregon St after they lost their quarterback, Pitt losing to Navy and my aforementioned Maryland loss to Virginia in the last seconds this past week. Here is where it gets really good. Away dogs, 15-4 with six winning outright. Some of the wins- Rice over Sou Miss, Kansas over Kansas St, Kansas St over Texas and my college pick this last week Nc St over East Carolina. ( This is what got me going on all of this.) The losses UConn to Virginia, Wash to Ariz St, Louis Monroe and Flor Int. Now for the topper.... Home Dogs 8-0 with 6 winning outright. Any of these games sound familiar? Washington over Boise St, Tulsa over Byu, Ucla over Cal, Pitt over Cinn, Kent over Lsu, Tenn blowing out Georgia and Cent Flor giving Texas a scare. One more thing 3 games were between both teams coming off of a bye. One was a push and the other 2 the home team won and covered. I didn't include these in my stats. I state this because BC and VTech meet this Thursday. From what I see there are some good opportunities coming up this week. Let's hope these numbers hold true...Good Luck to everyone!

Impressive. I realized they were doing well, but not to that extent.
    Home dogs have been doing well all year at nearly 58%, but might have to concentrate on home dogs coming off a bye.

Thanks for posting the info.

Comment

I have the home dogs at 8-6, 13-4, 14-3 and 11-9 the last four weeks. The road favorites kicked into gear Saturday afternoon and evening with USC, Flor, Kansas, Michigan and Oregon coming up with some big wins.

Comment

At a quick glance, looks like Washington State and UTEP are the two home dogs coming off a bye. Rutgers played on Thursday, Oct. 18, so they'll have a few extra days to prepare, and are getting points at home against West Va.

Home dogs are unlikely to keep it the pace for the season, and as you said last week could be the beginning of a reversal, but will probably have to take a stab with Washington State.

Comment

Also Georgia

Comment

Georgia's a road dog but I like that as well as the home dog Wash. St. with UCLA coming off of that huge game vs Cal.

Comment

You are right Dragon thanks. I actually wrote it down wrong and had Georgia at home. I still like them, but I was really loving those 9 points at home.

Comment

Great work

Definitely great numbers, let's just hope it isn't like some systems and stats...i.e. they work great until you try them...then, down the tubes! In this case, having a week of rest just makes sense. I used to just consider road dogs coming off byes but, this season you have clearly pointed out that it doesn't seem to matter. Good work.

Comment

Working...
                X