• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WORLD SERIES 2007

WORLD SERIES 2007

COLORADO ROCKIES TO WIN SERIES +185

ROCKIES IN SIX (6)

The Rockies are playing like the proverbial "Team of Destiny", and remind me of the St. Louis Cardinals from last year...........It's gonna take some real pitching and scouting brilliance to stop this century's version of "Murderer's Row"..........They would be downright scary to face right now even if your name was Cy Young..........Stop them, and you win it all............The Red Sox will go as far as the home-field advantage takes them, but I don't really see them as serious players for the whole thing.

This is an excerpt from my playoffs thread posted some 3 weeks ago.............So why change any of my thinking now...........The oddsmakers have once again done us the favor of supplying Christmas in October once again (can anyone say St. Louis Cardinals in 2006) by listing the Red Sox as 2-1 favorites to take down this year's edition of the Fall Classic.............The Red Sox?!?!!..................Hell, one week ago, after the Rockies dispatched the Arizona D'Backs to an early winter slumber, they were listed at +110 to take it all, followed by the Cleveland Indians at +140 (they had a 3-1 lead over Boston at the time), and the Bosox were listed at +240 !!...............So now, with ONE less team to beat, they go from a +240 to opening as a -200 to win it all?..............And now it's up to -230 !!..............All because they win a couple of games at home that they were supposed to win.

Anybody that's been reading my posts on a regular basis knows by now that statistics mean nothing to me, I'm strictly a line-reading handicapper, been so for almost 40 years (yes I starting earning my stripes in this game at the tender age of 9) and that is pretty much what I'm pointing out above...............I will however -- point out a couple of reasons why I'm staying with the Rockies:

1. Don't think for a minute that these guys forgot how to hit, or had their timing thrown off by waiting a week for the A.L. teams to sort themselves out, if anything, the pitching staff will be even more dominating than they have in the playoff so far.

2. These two teams met back in June if anybody recalls, with tonight's opening pitchers squaring off against one another........And in case anyone doesn't remember, it was Jeff Francis and the Rockies that came out on top in a game played in Fenway by the score of 7-1............Does that mean anything going into tonight? ..........NO.............Do I give a shit about something that has already happened?...............NO..............All I'm pointing out is that the Sox might be invincible against everyone else at home, but the Rockies have proven that they've got what it takes, and of course -- they are not just "anyone else".

3. The emotional rise that the Red Sox endured in that tough series against the Tribe will no-doubt lead to a downturn of sorts should they fall behind in series, something that may not be too likely inasmuch that they do get to play the first 2 games in their home sweet home............However if Beckett show up tonight without his usual great stuff, or if the Rockies find the kind of success they enjoyed against him back in June, this series could be over in a hurry.

4. The Rockies have had a load of pressure taken off of their backs by being installed as the underdog here by the linesmakers.............Heck, according to Vegas they are supposed to get trounced in this series, therefore you can rest assured that they will show up in Beantown tonight their regular free-swingin' selves.

5. The Rockies score in bunches and open big leads on opponents which in turn should render the dreaded Jonathan (The Blower) Papelbon meaningless in this series..........You don't bring in your ace closer when your trailing 8-1 in the 6th.............Don't think he'll see much action in this series, unless he decides to go out and do a little polka on the outfield grass between back-to-back-to-back home runs from Hawpe, Holliday and Helton.

The opening paragraph says it all............That's the way i felt then, and that's the way i still feel now...............I won't play too heavy on my boys tonight, becuase it's a game the Sox should win behind their ace in Beckett.............And it's a game they'd better win if they plan on sticking around long..........But hey, even if the series were to go 7 games, and Beckett would be able to pitch in, and win 3............Who's gonna win the other game?.................Nobody, that's who................Rockies in 6 .............will put a small play on them for tonight's game -- just because of the juicy odds............And we'll take it game by game from here..................Good Luck to you and would love to see your insight too.

Boone.
    ;)

hey Boone,

one concern - doesn't the fact that the Rox have been sitting around for 10 days concern you?? i like the Rox, just wondering if they come out of the gate slow and drop the first 2 games

CF2

Comment

Boone, question for you. I like the Rockies as well to win it all. I want to bet them for the series. I can get them at plus 215. If the game tonight is by the books supposed to go to Beckett, do you think it is to big of risk to wait till game 2 to bet the series? If the Rockies lose, which I don't mind conceding to Beckett, they should go up to plus 300 something. I did this last series and was sitting pretty with the Indians when they were up 3-1. What are your thoughts?

Comment

hey Boone - i was thinking the same thing - conceding a loss here tonight and waiting until game 2 to bet the Rox for the series

what do you think??

i guess i could split the bet - in case Rox win tonight and odds go down

CF2

Comment

Exactly, what happens if the Rockies win?......Besides, why would you bet on the Rockies to win the Series, and then turn right around and bet on them to lose tonight?............Hey, why not bet that they sweep instead..........Now that's a REAL gamble............Danger is my business !!!!!!
          ;)

Comment

well i didnt like the matchup vs beckett in boston especially since they were coming off such a layoff

still like the rox to win this series but they are flat as a f-ing pancake tonight!!!

CF2

Comment

That is true my Cowboy friend, and I think that in the 5th inning with the score 13-1 in favor of the Bosox, it might be time to concede Game 1 to the home team (smile), but the point I was trying to make made sense before the game started..........That is, why would you want to wait until your team is down by a game, just to get better odds............Of course (now) it makes sense to have waited if you are sold on the Rockies like I still am, but at the time, I seriously thought they had a chance to win, Beckett and all.

Now if they snap back to life tomorrow against the in-and-outer Curt Schilling, those that waited for the better odds will look like geniuses............I just don't happen to play it that way..................No biggie, one game sure as hell doesn't make a series, as this one still must go through the Rocky Mountains...............Good Luck my friend.

;)

Comment

Anyone seen an adjusted series price yet on the Rockies?

Nice dog price on them tonight at +179. Think they even up the series tonight vs. old man balls Schilling.

Comment

The series price is +380

Comment

You guys had me so concerned about those 3 H's hitting homer after homer after homer and the Best pitcher in the west shutting down the old sluggers and young rookies -- that I cut my bet in half -- now I have to be stedfast and not reduce tonight's bet.

Let me see -- a rookie tonight against the Master of the Big Game ---mmm
                    maybe a parlay with the over.

I was aalso thinking of the fly balls in the light air in Colorado flying out from Pedroia - Ortiz - Manny - Youkelis - Veritek - mmmm - sounds good to me .

Have fun -

Bernie

Comment

I played the sox on the RL last night for a small amount but seriously may throw a couple bucks on the rockies at that price for the series.

Think its a close on tonight with the Rockies beating Old Man Balls. Schilling is kind of on my Andy Pettitte over-hyped team.

Comment

My Play for Game 2:

Rockies +182 Over Boston...What do you think Boone?

May throw a little on the series too at +390 too. After a beating like that, everyone is counting the rockies out--get 1 tonight and go back to colorado and its a new series.

Comment

That's exactly what I did Woodee. I bet half of my bet on Colorado for the series last night and now I'll bet the other half today. I also bet Boston on the run line last night. I thought it was a great price -105.

Comment

I held off on the series bet last night and juts bet the rockies for the big L.

I split out on games 1 and 2 so I am going to call it a year for the baseball wagering I think. Unless I see a spot to take Colorado at home, I am done and focusing on football and upcoming college hoops.

Good Luck!

Comment

To say the least, we've taken it on the chin pretty steadily in this series so far...........Lucky for me, I decided not to play Game 2, because I would have taken it deeper than I already am (actually I got so damn busy, that the game went off before I had a chance to lose more money)..............but it's put up or shut up now.

Obviously, I underestimated the Rockies 10-day layoff as a factor in this series, and I make mention of this because I still don't think the Red Sox pitchers are as dominant as the Rockies hitters are dormant ..................We'll find out tonight whether or not these sluggers can awaken from their slumber, or if the Sox can set themselves up for the sweep, since they are the ones who are "operating on all cylinders" at the moment.

Gonna make it or break it here with a fat play on the ROCKIES +131 here, and at the moment I am leaning towards the OVER 10.5 runs on the total.............That prop is a little scary tonight with the weather expected to be in the high 40's, but we already know that the Sox are slapping the ball all over the place, if we can only get the home boys to pull their heads out, we might get lucky..............If not, I think I'll turn my attention back to the NFL like Woodee says, because that's where it's been hot lately...............As for today, I'm headed out to Santa Anita Park for the Breeder's Cup...............Good Luck to you all.

;)

Comment

Working...
                              X