No announcement yet.

NBA Games 2007-2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way! I thought they had that cover in the bag. That's almost as bad as the Spurs losing to Seattle. Man, basketball can turn on a dime.

Comment

dragon & garister, I agree with you ... NBA hoops can turn on a "dime", both, figuratively & literally, as evidenced in last night's action, when ...

Mil @ NJ, Jan 29/08, Full Play-By-Play

Milwaukee (+4.5) closed the gap on New Jersey to a single point, 77-78, with 2:06 left in regulation ... and, then, was outscored 9-3 ... by a team that had lost its last 9 games in a row and was playing its first home game following an extended 6-game road trip with a PG that is now openly asking to be traded (Jason Kidd) ... to BLOW this cover!

NYK @ LAL, Jan 29/08, Full Play-By-Play

New York (+9) led the game, outright, for the first 3 & 2/3 quarters, then fell behind by 2 pts, 104-106, at the 5:06 mark of the 4th, and were outscored 14-5 the rest of the way ... by a Bynum-and-Ariza-less team ... to BLOW this cover!

... turned what otherwise woulda (coulda, shoulda, etc.) been a terrific night, for me, personally, in the NBA, upside !@#$%^&* down.

[PS ... At a certain point, even a strong-minded fellow, like me, after this type of bullsh*t happens, repeatedly, for the better part of 2 months, can decide that the only 'sane' course of action left ... is to simply do what Howard Beale recommends in, the critically acclaimed movie, Network ('76) ... i.e. go to an open window, stick one's head out and scream, at the top of one's lungs, "I'm (fu**ing) mad as h*ll and I'm not going to take this any more!" ... There. I feel much better now. ]

Comment

I hear ya. You'd think the law of averages would allow close to the same number of wins and losses by these improbable occurrences. This year from the start of FB on it seems like they've gone 90% against me.

Comment

Originally posted by khandor
          Jan 29 WASHINGTON -1.5 W (w/o Butler in the line-up this one was by sheer luck)
          Jan 29 Milwaukee +4.5 L (which was cancelled out by this doozy of a loss)
          Jan 29 Atlanta +9 L
          Jan 29 SEATTLE +7.5 W
          Jan 29 New York +9 L (and this complete 'choke job' by the Knicks)
          Hey, but, at least today is another day ...

Jan 30 PORTLAND -2.5

Comment

and ... FWIW, given my putrid record in the NBA, right now ... I absolutely love the Blazers in this game!

(which really means ... Caveat Emptor! ... if you're on the same side as me tonight )

Comment

Holy, f@#$%^&*k ... this is getting ridiculous!

Jan 30 PORTLAND -2.5 L
              After leading for the first 3 quarters the Blazers were just up by 11 pts, 81-70, at the 4:26 mark of the 4th Quarter, when they then missed 6 of their final 7 FGA's and lost outright, at home, to the Cavs - playing tonight without Palovic and Varejao - 84-83, with LBJ dropping 37 pts (including 3 3FGM's in the last 4:03).

In all my days on this planet, I have never ever experienced a 'negative' stretch of game results, in NBA Hoops, like this one.

Comment

Jan 31 DETROIT -7.5

Comment

Holy, f@#$%^&*k ... this is getting ridiculous!

In all my days on this planet, I have never ever experienced a 'negative' stretch of game results, in NBA Hoops, like this one.
                  Just think....some lucky bastards out there are actually benefiting from these games. Must be nice.

Comment

Khandor your in trouble I was liking the Pistons too. Nomore NBA for me for a while. Good Luck
                    good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by khandor
                      Jan 31 DETROIT -7.5 L
                      Feb 01 PHILADELPHIA +3.5
                      Feb 01 SACRAMENTO +3.5

Comment

• Feb 01 TORONTO -6.5

Comment

• You'll probally get the Raptors today, I like the lakers +6 1/2.
                          good luck

Comment

• Well, seeing how well the Lakers played Detroit last night makes you want to jump on them vs a lesser squad. But 2nd game in 2 nights on the road after a close game they probably should have won...maybe a small letdown? The Lakers have now lost 4 out of 5 and lost some pretty competitive games lately vs some teams they likely got pumped for....Dallas, San Antoine, LaBron, Detroit.

Comment

• My NBA paly of the day is the Clippers +6 at Minny. They may be starting to roll now--won a big one on wedneday and I think they can beat a bad minny team so the points are a bonus. Only play I like tonight.

Comment

• I think I'm going to try the Knicks +7.5. Portland has been slumping a little lately after their hot run and Zach Randolph might be extra motivated in his return to Portland. Just a hunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X