• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by khandor
    Feb 01 PHILADELPHIA +3.5 W
    Feb 01 SACRAMENTO +3.5 W
    Feb 01 TORONTO -6.5 L
    Maybe we've been taking the wrong approach with this thread, since the beginning.

To wit:

Anybody know or heard any definite report yet whether or not Caron Butler is in the line-up today vs the Lakers?

If he isn't, then, here's my play for this game, which tips off in the next few minutes ...

Feb 03 LA Lakers -4.5

Any late information would be very much appreciated.

Comment

• In the last 30 minutes, the line is moving all over the place for this game ...

LA Lakers -4.5, -5, -4.5, -4 ...

makes me think that Butler is now definitely playing today.

At Lakers -4 ... IMO, this is now still the way to go, even if Caron is good to go.

Comment

• Okay, here's the final word on the selection for today's Lakers @ Wizards game ...

Feb 03 LA Lakers -4 (with or without Caron Butler playing)

Comment

Feb 03 LA Lakers -4 W
          Maybe now that football's done, this can be the start of something positive in the NBA, at last ...

3-1 for February, so far, +3.8 units
          2 consecutive Winning Days

Feb 04 UTAH -3.5
          Feb 04 PORTLAND -2.5

Comment

Feb 04 UTAH -3.5 W
            Feb 04 PORTLAND -2.5 L
            Feb 05 Washington -1.5
            Feb 05 INDIANA +5.5
            Feb 05 NEW JERSEY +7
            Feb 05 Boston +2.5

Comment

• I had a big 'ol writeup on how I liked your Boston pick and then chickened out. Anyway, Boston is now 5-0 as a dog. All the lines have been +3.5 or lower. They have 3 SU wins, a 2 pt loss and tonite's 1 pt loss and cover, aided by a 3 pointer at the buzzer I might add. They are 2-0 as a dog since Garnett has been out. They are now 36-9. Out of their 9 losses they've lost by 1, 2, 2, 2, 3 and a 5 pt loss in OT. The funny thing about their other 3 losses....they lost consecutive games to Washington on 1/12 and 1/14 by 7 and 5. In the 1st game they had a 5 pt lead going into the 4th and in the 2nd they had a 4 pt lead. And even funnier is that their biggest loss of the year was a 12 pt home loss to Charlotte...a team that is 13 games under .500 and has only won 4 times on the road. The Celtics were missing Ray Allen in that one. They are on pace for about 66 wins but have been aided by the fact that there just aren't very many good teams in the East. In fact only 4 other teams are even over .500. However, they are undefeated against the West so far.
              If you've been betting on the Celtics, Lakers, Hornets and Magic you've made some money this year as they are the top 4 team ATS and a combined 46 games over .500 ATS....a 62% clip. Not too shabby. I wonder if they can all keep it up for the rest of the year.

Comment

• And how did Pau Gasol do in his 1st game as a Laker? How about 10 for 15 FG and 4 for 4 FT for 24 pts and 12 rebounds!
                And how did Kobe do with his new team mate? How about 3 for 13 and 6 pts!?!? Ouch.....and they still won by 15!?!?
                Derek Fisher comes up huge with 9 for 18 including 4 threes for 28 pts. I wonder what was up with Kobe. Ought to be an interesting 2nd half.

Comment

Feb 05 Washington -1.5 L
                  Feb 05 INDIANA +5.5 L
                  Feb 05 NEW JERSEY +7 L
                  Feb 05 Boston +2.5 W
                  Feb 06 LA Lakers -4

Comment

• Feb 06 PORTLAND -6

Comment

Feb 06 LA Lakers -4 L
                      Feb 06 PORTLAND -6 L
                      Feb 07 Miami +9.5

Comment

Feb 07 Miami +9.5 L
                        Feb 08 LA Lakers +1.5
                        Feb 08 New Jersey +4
                        Feb 08 San Antonio -7
                        Feb 08 Boston -5.5
                        Feb 08 Utah -2

Comment

• I was wondering why Orlando was only a 1 pt favorite. Somebody knew something. I had a feeling that was a trap. Glad I only took them on a 5 pt teaser. Nice call.

Comment

• Another typical day at the office, so far this year ... of wasted opportunities ... with 2 solid winners ...

Originally posted by khandor
                            Feb 08 LA Lakers +1.5 W
                            Feb 08 New Jersey +4 W
                            followed up by 3 duds ...

Feb 08 San Antonio -7 L
                            Feb 08 Boston -5.5 L
                            Feb 08 Utah -2 L
                            At some point, you can bet your bottom dollar, this thing is going to turn around ... and, then, 'the Man' is going to regret, dearly, putting me through this (temporary?) nightmare of a season.

Feb 09 PHILADELPHIA -6.5

PS ... One must never ever forget that, in Life (and sports wagering), "The only Constant is Change".

Comment

Feb 09 PHILADELPHIA -6.5 W
                              According to the latest reports I've read, Garnett & Perkins are both expected to miss today's game vs San Antonio.

Has anyone else heard something different?

The line opened last night ... BOS -1 ... and has just kept moving since then in the Spurs direction ... BOS +1.5, and now BOS +2.

There's still 50+ minutes to go before this game tips and any further update would be very much appreciated.

Comment

• Garnett is out and that's the reason for the swing.........My guy has the Spurs -2.5 but I took them anyway........I typically go with the West against the East, no matter where they're playing........I think the Spurs out-muscle them today, even without their mighty mite Tony Parker.........Good Luck to you.
                                ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X