Turkey Day & Friday Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey Day & Friday Opinions?

Looking at the Thursday & Friday schedule, two games stand out to me....Arizona State over Usc on Thursday and Colorado State over Wyoming on Friday. Anyone have any strong feelings on these two matchups?

RAW,

Rarely do I have an opinion when it comes to College Foots, let alone a strong one, but I must say that I for one am all over USC this weekend...........I've been following the homeboys all year long, and they're tons better than they've shown................Without getting deep into the stats on this game, let's just say that the game they lost to the pitiful Stanford will haunt them all the way out of a BCS berth.............Sure they fell flat on their faces, but still came within seconds of winning late............The other game they lost at Oregon, found them driving late, with the 2nd string QB falling to pressure in the last drive and throwing an interception at the 20 yard line while driving for the tying score, at Oregon.

So although they appear to look like shit on paper, these guys are a couple of bounces away form being undefeated..........QB Booty has finally found his groove again after a brief injury absence, and with the bye week and rest last weekend, I get the feeling that they will come out at Sun Devil Stadium with all guns blazing.........The Sun Devils got ripped a new one when they played Oregon, and were never really in the game, and QB Rudy Carpenter who played his high school ball here in the L.A. area will be running for his life against the humongous USC defensive front, and he has a long history of thowing it up for grabs when under serious pressure.

Throw in the fact that coach Pete Carroll is undefeated in his last 4 years during the month of November, and knowing full well that he'll empty the playbook on National T.V, and I think you get the gift of the weekend if you can get away with the USC TROJANS -3 in a game they should win easily from a far inferior and overrated division rival.

JMO.........but a strong one at that............Good Luck to you.

;)

Comment

Thanks Boone Moone, I appreciate the insight.

Comment

I've had a pretty poor year and I like ASU, so perhaps Boone's coat tails are ready for riding.

Good Luck

Comment

Boone - Good writings. Those are my exact same thoughts. Good luck to you. I also look at how UCLA knocked Carpenter around plus his injured finger (thumb?).

Comment

OK....I'll go along for the ride

Hey Boone, if you read this, you need to make a new pick in the CFB contest. It has to be a Saturday game and you picked USC

Comment

Good Luck to you Boone, I'm in on this one too........Nice write up.........See anything decent for Sunday's NFL ?

Comment

will tail you on this one Boone...happy thanksgiving to you and yours...

CF2

Comment

Good call Boone! With your help I had a nice little 3-0 day with Green Bay, Indy and USC.

Comment

Why is Nebraska only getting 3 1/2 vs Colorado? Nebraska sucks wang-chung.

Comment

Probably because Colorado sucks wang-chung as well. I'm sure those 73 pts Neb scored last week comes into play too.

Comment

To be honest, there's not a hell of a lot I like on Friday. Anybody else?

Comment

Thanks Dragon, wish they were all that easy.............Not much for me today, if I do anything it will be on ARKANSAS +13 1/2 vs. LSU and I'm also looking at giving the points and taking TEXAS -6 1/2 vs. Texas A & M................Not too big of a push here.........I'm laying low for Sunday...........Good Luck to you and BTW, thanks for the heads-up on the College contests...........Not that it means anything in the standings, but I still just like to put my 2 cents in.
                          ;)

Comment

Nice job Boone and others.

all three pro games. I hate taking all favs, but yesterday it worked out nicely

I'm with you on Texas.

Comment

Thanks again Boone Moone....I did well with Dallas in the afternoon, and for a change I didn't give it back at night....when you have a strong opinion, I will listen. Have a good weekend!

Comment

Working...
                              X