NYJ/ Pats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYJ/ Pats

Can anyone come up with a reason not to unload on this game.
    jpehl

unload on the jets +24???

cf2

Comment

no pats

Comment

24 reasons

Comment

well what are your thoughts on the score then...
          jpehl

Comment

Bad weather is my thoughts for this game
            and 24 is alot of lumber to lay in good weather..

Carpet

Comment

Yeah i just saw that... There expecting a snow storm.. Thanks thats what i was looking for...
              jpehl

Comment

After the Seattle/S.F. game where the weather called for 'Definite Rain' and in fact there was zero rain, I have a hard time believing anything reported prior to game time. Having said that, here is the report from Weather Underground (the same service that made the 'Definite Rain' call).

"Chance of Light Rain , Chance of Light Snow , Chance of Light Ice Pellets (sleet). Probability of precipitation - 50%"

Going back to the Seattle game, here is the definition of 'definite'.
                Indisputable; certain: as in 'a definite victory'.
                To me that means 100%, absolutely no doubt. That game in particular really pissed me off as I had taken the 49er's + about 13 counting on weather similar to Pittsburgh/Miami or something.

Anyway, if the Jets can only manage 18 pts at home against Cleveland I have a hard time imagining them scoring more than 10 against New England on the road, if that. The Pats still aiming for home field advantage throughout the playoffs and can clinch that here. The Pats did lose to the Jets last year so they know they can't just show up, (although this year I think that's all that's required). The Pats have already beat them once this year by 24. I think the Jets get killed here although I wouldn't call any game with a 24 pt spread a good one to load up on. Hard to ignore the ATS record the Pats have going though for sure.

Comment

Dragon, you make some very good points
                  and I always look forward to your NFL insight.

In your post you referenced the Pats record
                  vs the spread and said it was hard to ignore...

May I ask what is the Pats record as a 24
                  point chalk this year vs the spread?

With all Respect

Carpet

Comment

Touche, my friend! I was talking about their overall ATS record of course but I guess, to answer your question, that would be 1-0 as the Philly spread went as high as 24.5 I believe.

Comment

Ooops....that would be 0-1.

Comment

if there was a team that the Pats would really like to humiliate it would be the Jets...

gun to my head - i bet the Pats here....but as far as "unloading" i wouldn't....not on a game with that many points and with what we have seen in 2 of the last 3 weeks (Balt and Philly)

as far as "unloading"....i think i would buy the Ravens down to 3 and take them over Miami....nobody wants to be the team to lose to Miami and they are just so bad right now....i think the Ravens come up with a good effort here

CF2

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyfan2
                          if there was a team that the Pats would really like to humiliate it would be the Jets...

gun to my head - i bet the Pats here...
                          That's as good a way as any other of putting it, regarding this game.

Stay as far away from it as possible, sit back, and simply enjoy the fireworks!

Comment

weather channel's Jim Cantore says expect a massive snowstorm around game time. If Jim says it, I believe it. I am taking a small 2 team parlay on jets/under. This fits that criteria of "if a huge dog can cover, it will be an under". why not get 13/5 for the jets is how I see it. GL

Comment

Yeah, Weather Underground now says "Definite Freezing Rain , Definite Ice Pellets (sleet)" from 10AM. That's on top of "Definite Snow" from 4AM. Temperatures around 30 deg. Line opened at 26/52 and is now 21.5/42.5 at sports.com. This weather is sandwiched in between "Partly Cloudy" for Saturday and "Clear" for Monday and "Partly Cloudy" for Tuesday. Hmmmm.....
                              The lowest total for a Pats result this year was 44 vs Indy (24-20). The Pats have scored less than 30 only twice (24, 27). I think I'll pass.

Comment

Working...
                              X