Bet on Sports group claims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bet on Sports group claims

I received an email today from a law firm that I guess will be distributing assets from the liquidation of BoS. I'll paste the relevant part of the email here.

Dear **********

Re: Your BetonSports claim (V-Wager )

We write to advise that on 20th September 2007 that we Nigel Hamilton-Smith and Peter Wastell of Vantis were appointed Receiver-Managers of BoS (Antigua) Limited, a subsidiary of BETonSPORTS PLC which is also in Liquidation under our stewardship.

BoS (Antigua) Limited is a company registered in Antigua and Barbuda, and was the operating company within the BETonSPORTS group responsible for the individual gaming contracts and betting transactions with the players/ customers primarily in the United States of America. Our appointment as Receiver-Managers was made by the Financial Services Regulatory Commission of Antigua and Barbuda ("FSRC"), under the International Business Corporations Act in that jurisdiction.

The company's records indicate that you are owed funds by the company in your capacity as a former client of the company, which traded under various trading/brand names detailed on the right

As Receiver-Managers under Antiguan law, our duties are primarily to collect in the various assets of the company, and distribute those funds to the creditors of the company.

At this early stage we cannot comment on the quantum and timing of any dividend distribution to creditors in this matter, as many of the assets, including debts due and payable to the company, lay in other international jurisdictions. However, based on our current knowledge of the affairs of the company, we anticipate that a return albeit small should be available for distribution to all creditors.

It is now necessary for us to agree the claims of creditors, in anticipation of distributing the assets of the company at some point in the future.

We have interrogated the records of the company, and in consequence believe you to be a creditor.

If you do believe you are a creditor, please complete the request for information via the following weblink https://betonsports.vantisplc.com/.

In the event you are not able to accept the accuracy of the company's records of your claim you will be required to submit your own reconciliation, together with copies of all transaction documentation to include proof of funding and full betting history.

Due to the high number of expected incoming claims we regret that we will not be able to reply to individual enquiries regarding claim status for several months. However, confirmation of claim status will be sent out by us in due course, once progress has been made with the collection of the company's assets. Please note that due to the significant number of claimants we anticipate it will take not less than three months to deal with any queries that may arise.

As and when we are able to write further we will do so, and anticipate reporting to you further in May 2008.

Please complete the details via the weblink below, using your creditor reference *****, to confirm your claim against the company.

If anyone here had funds in any of the BoS books you might want to be on the lookout for this email, as I almost deleted it thinking it was spam.

I got one concerning my Millenium account (which had less than $200 as best I could recall) and they said I was entitled to about $170. I agreed to the figure. Was just wondering if I'll be getting another one concerning my BOS account where I have a few grand.

Obviously I will be watching this thread with interest. Please advise if you happen to hera anything else.

thanks

Comment

I never got anything regarding my Millenium account. Do you have any kind of phone number on any of your information regarding the Mill refund?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Ray
        I never got anything regarding my Millenium account. Do you have any kind of phone number on any of your information regarding the Mill refund?
        If you go to the website https://betonsports.vantisplc.com/ and click on the link "forgot your creditor reference" you'll be brought to a page where you can enter your acct.# and email. They'll then mail you your reference # and you should be able to file your claim. Good luck.

Comment

Just an update. I got an email several weeks back which I had to fill out something to get my refund so I'm happy. The email said it was my second notice but it was the first one I received but I'm not complaining.

Comment

Working...
          X