College B-Ball Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College B-Ball Contest

So is this starting tomorrow? Jeff, if it is we'll need the lines up tomorrow and a thread stating the rules and prizes. I will keep the records as long as you aren't opposed to my headline commentaries. I totally agree with XBigPappa though, cutoff time should be a set time or maybe as long as they write the gametime in with their pick, I could double check that easier. Maybe have a 12:00EST cutoff time so that us guys here on the West Coast don't have to be up by 6 in the morning and we can make some plays from some of the picks. If you do set a noon cutoff time everyone should still put in their game time for the ones that pick the earlier games. Any thoughts?

I was thinking we'd start next week.....get all the college football over and done with. How's that sound?

That will give us an extra week to promote it a little. Get some more players in the contest.

If you keep the records, that would be fantastic........like the commentary.

A cutoff sounds good, and would make it easier for everyone, I agree.

We'll post thelines on Friday Nights so that will give everyone enough time to get in and make their play.

We'll firm everything up this week............

Comment

Sounds good. What do you think about putting the game time in with their pick?

Comment

Sure, that would help.

We can post the lines with the times as well.

Comment

Originally posted by wisconsin5473
          Sounds good. What do you think about putting the game time in with their pick?
          Thanks for the contest, should be fun.

I do have one question, what is the inference to game time
          with the pick? Perhaps I dont understand.

What I do know is I almost never remember exact
          times of the games as most capping is done in
          advance. Could you please clarify ?

Thanks

Carpet

Comment

Since we are including all Saturday games, it would be good that us boy's on the West Coast have some time Saturday morning to cap some games without getting up at 6 or 7 in the morning. If everyone just put their pick in, I keeping the record's would have to check each individuals post time to the game time to make sure it wasn't posted after the game started. The game time would be listed by the spread, so all you would have to do is write it beside your pick. The majority of people do not post late, but there are some that post late picks and I wouldn't want to have to check every posting. I hope I explained that for you Carpet. If not then let me know. Thanks.

Comment

To me, having to post 1 hour before the first game would be the easy way to grade the pics, cause you dont have to look up idividual times, that could be a pain, plus it also gives followers time to get down on the hot players pics. USA day may post Sat game lines in Fri paper

Comment

I agree, I was just thinking of giving us a little more time out west. First game time is usually around 12EST, is that correct?

Comment

Yeah.....that was my concern as well. With the football, we can post lines mid week, and have a few days for everyone to make their picks.

With the hoops, unless we use a mid week line, based on power ratings (which we could do) the west coasters will basically have from say, 5 pm pst Friday until tip off to make their plays.

That was why I initially was thinking either no cutoff, or a later cutoff.

Another option would be to eliminate the early games.......but then, that may eliminate some winners....

Whatever you guys want to do works......

Comment

I like a cutoff an hour before first tip. That gives everyone a chance to get on here and check out what the hot bets are for the entire day without having to sign on later in the afternoon, or continually sign on throughout the day to see who the pick is. On top of that, making a pick at 11:00 am EST of say Memphis -21 for a 7:30 pm game would help a lot for the guy looking to bet the pick because by the time the game comes around the line might be -23 or -25 or whatever..which would lead to the capper getting the game right on here, but could potentially make those who bet on the advice get the game wrong. I mean, whatever is decided will work and i understand the west coast side of this, but i would also like a hot cappers picks early in the day so i know i get the best of the line.

Comment

I think 9am PST is good cutoff time. for those first few games it cuts it close, but gives us in the WEST an extra hour.
                      good luck

Comment

by the way I like Niagra -2. Sat is the first weekend of conference play it would have been nice to start, but I understand the delay. Good Luck everyone
                        good luck

Comment

Since there hasn't been much further discussion here i was wondering what was decided. If those out west would like more time I could see maybe not considering the 12:00 or 1:00 start times..and use all games from 2:00 on. That would still leave a likely 50 or so games to use. You would lose out on the early games..including a few on ESPN etc that are the favorites for some to bet on since they actually get to watch the game as compared to a Niagra V Marist game..but it would give everyone a little extra time and not make those out west get up at 6 am. Only 4 days left to decide.......

Comment

If the lines come out Fri nite, the peeps out west will still have a 12 hour period to look at the numbers and post a play before 9:00am PST

Comment

I still say use all Saturday games. Make the cutoff by 12pm EST and if there is a game before that time that someone wants to pick, then they just have to put the game time in with their pick and be posted before that time. Are there many games before 12pm EST? I don't think there are any this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X