SUPER BOWL - Giants vs Patriots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUPER BOWL - Giants vs Patriots

Call me crazy. I know it's two weeks away, and I haven't picked the game apart yet, but I can make a case for the Giants winning this game straght up....

I can also make a case for Toomer to get his mason's license. Can there be a worse set of hands on any WR at any level of football? This doosh is a bricklayer of epic proportions. Maybe McQuarters and Toomer can start their own business? Butter fingered phux.

Comment

Yeah, maybe they can get Ruvell Martin to join them.

Comment

I said a long time ago and then again recently that I didn't think the Pats would go undefeated. Their play, although obviously good enough to win, has been on the decline for quite awhile. They could have lost any number of games in the last 9 or so. I would not be surprised in the least if the Giants beat them.

Comment

Super Bowl Line

NY Giants 54
          New England -13

at sports.com

Comment

Major disappointment for a superbowl...wouldn`t shock me if the Giants get blown away by 20 + points....but then again...who knows....

Comment

Fantatstic Super Bowl matchup. Thank god. Glad it's not the Packers. The Patriots would have blown the Packers out by 30+

Comment

Let us remember the last game of the season between these two teams. 38-35 and over 700 total combined yds of offense. That was a heck of a game.

Comment

The Pats should have also been beaten by the Ravens AND the Jets...now lets look ahead...The Pats...The BIG STAGE..TOM BRADY..RANDY MOSS..this is a position they THRIVE in...The Giants beat a weakened and young Cowboys team that deteriorated down the stretch...Green Bay, a team that got slapped around by Chicago in VERY COLD weather..and lost to the Giants..in VERY COLD weather....Favre looked like he was 50 years old in those games..as a HUGE Pats hater..I am sucking up my pride here and admitting they are a superior team and will win the superbowl...now I`m gonna go throw up!

Comment

I feel the same way about the Patriots, but like you say, we're witnessing NFL history here, so why fight it?...........I seriously think they've been going through the motions the last few weeks.........They look complacent for a bit, and then as soon as they get behind - boom, they score at will.............And it will be no different in biggest game yet.............I think Bill Bellichick, the great coach that he is, forces game film down his team's throat of the last game with the Giants, to correct all of the mistakes they made when the Giants made it a closer game that it should have been...........They won't be taking Eli and company as lightly this time around..........Patriots easy.
                    ;)

Comment

What about the fact that the pats haven't covered in something like their last 8 games? They are good, and no doubt they will win, but I don't see them running away with it. They have been good enough to win, but they haven't had that killer instinct...where they put teams away by 30. The line is simply to high. For a pats cover the line needs to be around 10. Plus, the Giants have won 3 straight as dogs, and were not covered by the Pats the last time these 2 teams met. Throw in the fact that its a super bowl and both teams are likely to be a little more cautious with the ball....i say this one stays within 2 scores all the way...now that could be 10..or 14..but i'm leaning toward 10.

I also must say that I am still not a believer in the Giants. I am a Packer fan and was so disgusted that they lost to the Giants I swore i wouldn't even watch the super bowl. Yes, the giants played the Pats tough the first time but I just don't believe that they are any good at all. I hate the cowboys but i would rather see them in this game than the g-men because I just don't think the giants will truly have a shot to win. They may keep it close but they won't win. I liked the Packers and Cowboys chances of possibly winning. But in all honesty the only team that truly could have beaten the pats is the colts and they fell on their face. At least I don't have to watch a Manning V Manning super bowl. Talk about gag me. I like Peyton, and think he's one of the greatest. Eli is no better than a Kerry collins or Trent Dilfer. A game manager that if he doesn't make mistakes can lead a good enough team to victory.

I like the pats 34-24. Game never in doubt. Pats up by 2 scores 1st qtr on. Only reason to watch is for the commercials. Still not sure if i will.....

Comment

Yeah i think just about everyone had the Cowboys or the Packers representing the NFC, but this game is weird to say the least..........But I'll tell you one thing -- even though I don't see this happening......If Eli Manning would get lucky enough to win this Super Bowl, having two brothers win in it back-to-back years would be a record that would NEVER, EVER, NEVER, EVER be broken...........Unless it was by those two again of course............Just a silly observation from my bored ass.
                        ;)

Comment

I have to play the Pats...I have sucke din the playoffs, no doubt, but I will let the Giant backers bring the line down to where it looks good, and then I will jump on the Pats. Down to 12 or even 11.5 at some books as I type. I would love to grab a 10 but probably won;t happen.

I just do not see the Giants hanging at all in this one.

Eli has burned me twice so far, so I might as well try one more time instead of go with him. I am not putting any larger bet than what I usually play b/c the super bowl is just 1 game, but I do like the Pats - whatever it settles at.

Comment

Damn...shoulda grabbed 13 while I could.

Comment

I think if the Patriots played the Giants 10 times.

Giants would win 2 out of 10 (20%)
                              Patriots would win by 15 or more (35%)
                              Patriots winning 14 or less (45%)

I think Eli has something he's been lacking since he arrived. CONFIDENCE!!
                              Brady has been sub-par.

Patriots may come out tight trying to go undefeated.
                              The Giants will come out loose and aggresive...nothing to lose.

I would bet $500 and the Giants +13 or 14
                              $100 Giants and the under

PREDICTION
                              NE 24
                              Giants 20

Comment

Working...
                              X