No announcement yet.

College Hoops Week of Jan. 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know about the particulars dragon as i didn't watch the game or the score reports..but I did check up on it and NC State got fouled in a tie game with 10 seconds left. Big man phenom Hickson hit both free throws. FSU missed their shot, fouled again..1 more free throw for NC State and game over. NC State wins 69-66. I had the score pegged at FSU 67.5 NC State 66..so pretty close..things went as I would have expected..not always the case but this time it worked out.

Haven't finished capping the big 10 yet for today..but I did finish the wisconsin game...i had it at wisc -2. Last i saw they were favored by 1.5 At this I would rather play Purdue being they are at home, and it is on ESPN. I took purdue but plan on looking for a middle at halftime..not so much that I really think purdue will win the game.. Also think this one stays under as neither team lights it up..but other than a casual wager i wouldn't put much on this one..the line is right on.

Comment

I took Purdue also, a small SU at +1.5 and on a parlay at +4.5. Good luck!

Comment

Purdue pulled it out....no middle opportunity..good thing too because purdue won by 4. Right now BC is down 5 in OT...looking like a loss...puts me at 2-1 on the day. Last play I made was on Iowa...the game started a lil while ago..didn't get here to post..but I took Iowa -5... I had the line as Iowa -1..but this was just a gut play on Iowa getting it done..especially with PSU record after losing claxton..they have basically been blown out of every game since. Never did cap the minnesota/OSU game tonight..but my initial thought based on what I know about the teams was OSU all day...but at the same time..they couldn't cover at home vs illinois when they were favored by 7..so why should they beat minne by 6? Again, no capping on this one..but I think I like minnesota.

Comment

nice day woodee 4-1, keep posting brad I like to get your input, you had a good day too. I just played the Davidson pick in the College challenge and won so a good day for all.

today so far I like
          10 am New Orleans -2 @ Fl Int'
          my numbers show them by 7, Flr is only 5-6 at home this yr, while NO is 6-2 away. Is this a trap line? line has moved toward NO so I don't think so.

10 am Vandy +5 1/2(B26) @ Florida
          taking another rd team, my numbers show pickem so I will take the points.

dangerous taking roadies though. loking at others now
          good luck

Comment

New orleans..i like..i don't think FL Atl is that good. Vandy and Fl is a toss up though as neither team has been that impressive against tougher competition...but both have shown the ability to play well...i'll stay away.

My plays for today are:

Michigan +16.. Not so much that I think they won't get covered..but i think this game has a good chance for a middle opportunity..we will see at halftime.

Clemson -1 at Miami...both started pretty good..but Clemson shoots better so I like them to pull out the W. I don't think Miami's D will have enough of an effect to keep Clemson from scoring. Wildcard is if Miami manages to shoot 45% or better...then they'll likely win.

Ga Tech +4.5 at Virginia...again Ga Tech superior shooting. Much more inside presence and less 3 ball oriented. Should get to the line more. Other than this being at Virginia and Virginia being tough at home i love Ga Tech all day.

Duke -5.5 at Maryland. I know Maryland took down UNC but so does Duke. Look for an inspired Duke effort to make sure that the same doesn't happen to them. Duke wins this one by 15 or more. Plus..Duke hasn't struggled at all on the road earning easy covers and if i'm not mistaken is 4-0 ATS in conference play.

Staying away from Northwestern at Illinois. The number is too big for me to comfortably take Illinois..but too small to comfortably take a team as bad as northwestern.

Comment

I was just going to ask about Terps vs Duke, Terps just took down NC so that they bring that same emotion B2B. They were able to slow down NCs running style which is what duke likes to do. Duke has lost the last 2 meetings with them too, Duke should come out focus to snap that too.

I like your clemson play and with duke thats all 4 road teams Im liking thats scary

I feel that michingan game can go either way, staying away, didn't look at the jekyl and hyde GT team
              good luck

Comment

Originally posted by brad4498
                New orleans..i like..i don't think FL Atl is that good.
                Sorry, I misspoke here. I don't think Fl Atl is that good..but they are actually playing Fl Int, who I actually do think is a solid team. In this game I would have gone with the home team. Not sure what the score is..but I like Fl Int....as for the florida game..yikes....fl is hammering them at nearly halftime.

Comment

my 2 college plays are stinking looks like 0-2 with the boys. I feared NO was a trap it looks like it.
                  NO is 14-6 vs FI 5-13

Brad I don't see how they can be a solid team is they just 5-13 overall & 2-6 in the conference and currenly losing 4 in a row.
                  good luck

Comment

I haven't followed them in depth..but i've looked at some of their lines and the nights that i looked they covered fairly easily...it upped my perception of them...maybe my perception is off..and i couldn't even tell you who they've beaten...i haven't looked at results or schedule or anything..but i know i reviewed a few of their lines and they covered them....

Comment

ended up with no middle opportunity on the Mich game...played MSU in the 2nd half at -8..making the result a non-factor..i lose the juice...move on to the next one. Right now Clemson is in the process of blowing the game...they had a 4 point lead before McClinton for Miami hit 3 straight 3's....he only hit 4 for the game. Miami is up 3 and shooting some more Free throws with 30 sec left....clemson couldn't get it done.

Comment

So, i would have won the michigan bet...down 17 with 4 seconds left michigan steals the inbounds pass and hits a 2 as time expires...unbelievable...LOL

Comment

another 3 for 4 day. can't complain. Although I hurt myself with the Mich game...turned that win into a lost juice. So..2-1 as far as positive cash flow is concerned. Still can't complain. No big 10/Acc games tomorrow. Be back tuesday with some plays.

Comment

Nice day Brad congrats on a good week too.
                            good luck

Comment

Working...
                            X