BIG BLUE HAS THE FLU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG BLUE HAS THE FLU

Maybe we can help spread this around so we can get the number back up to -14 ........hey you know how these bugs spread on airplanes.....

--------------------------------------

Flu tackles Giants; Aaron Ross latest on Big Blue to get hit with bug

BY RALPH VACCHIANO
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Tuesday, January 29th 2008, 4:00 AM

CHANDLER, Ariz. - Super Bowl fever isn't the only thing hitting the Giants.

Rookie cornerback Aaron Ross became the sixth Giant in the last eight days to be struck with flu-like symptoms. He joins a list that includes Michael Strahan, fullback Madison Hedgecock, safety Michael Johnson, defensive tackle Manny Wright and kicker Lawrence Tynes.

"I hope that's the end of it," Tom Coughlin said. "We've had some guys who missed practice with high temperatures. We've also had a few guys whose symptoms weren't as severe.

"We have taken precautions. The medical people have done the best they can to distribute some medicine, if you will, in advance of the plane trip out there. Hopefully the guys are rested enough that this will not be an issue."

It's not clear what sparked the breakout, but some players believe it came from the NFC Championship Game that was played in wind chills of minus-24 degrees.

"Everybody was sick after that game," said Plaxico Burress. "My throat was killing me for two days straight after breathing that cold air."
Working...
X