Roger Clemens Steroids Hearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger Clemens Steroids Hearings

Anyone catch the hearings? I caught only the 2nd half of the hearings and thought the whole thing was a little ridiculous. What did I learn? I learned that the Republicans all went to bat for Clemens and the Democrats went after him.

Some of those clowns were like star stuck little kids.

In the end, I guess what matters, is public opinion. Well, as a member of the public who ALSO happens to be a YANKEE FAN, my opinion is that Clemens is a liar and is guilty as sin.

I understand there were 6 FBI agents in attendence and that a further investigation is likely. I wish there was a smoking gun somewhere as I don't see any other way there will ever be a slam dunk answer.

But the evidence seems pretty strong against Clemens.......

Clemens is an Idiot..............

He is lying thru his front teeth

And the Idiot part is that he is lying to
    Congress.

Seems Roger has failed in one aspect

"Pick your battles carefully"

Carpet

Comment

When all else fails blame it on the WIFE

Comment

He's obviously lying but he knows the other guy can't prove anything. It's basically one guy's word against the other. Of course Andy Pettite's statement doesn't help any but then again, he was 'misremembering'

Comment

lets hold the ponies for a second...review what McNamee or whatever his name is, has said...how many times did he claim to inject Clemens? I believe it was less than 16 times over 3-4 years...correct? That sounds extremely fishy to me...#1. Clemens claimed to be injected with B12, which is nothing. #2. HGH is really nothing as well, has never been a reliable source for *growth enhancement*..#3. only 16 times??? You have to be on a consistent cycle to get a good effect from steroids...yeah, there is a difference with one shot..but not enough to get an instant *edge*...all in all, these *hearings* are trash...these idiots banned creatine for godsake!!! A natural product of your body!! MLB and other sports are ridiculous...allow these players to use sports supplements like normal people...stop banning EVERYTHING...ban steroids only and get on with it...HGH IS NOT A STEROID..and I don`t care if a player light up a doobie in his own home either...at that point, he is only hurting himself, just like smoking and chewing tobacco..

Comment

I agree they should let them use whatever they want. It's their body and if they can't effectively ban something, heck, let everyone use it. As long as the playing field is level.

HGH may or may not help growth. But it does speed recovery time. Speeds recovery time from workouts, and hey, what better ingredient for a 42 year old pitcher in between starts.

The issue is also more than gaining an unfair advantage. It's also about the audacity of somone like Clemens thinking he can dupe the public.

A guy like Clemens, star athletes in general, have been pampered their entire lives. People have been falling all over them since they were little kids. They really don't know the meaning of the word NO. They think they're are above the rules.

That's why this clown thinks he can go on TV with a press conference, go before congress, raise his voice a little, get confrontational and everyone will rush to his side.

Big mistake. WFAN did a quick poll after the hearings. They took the first 34 calls one after another and had them vote. The tally was 30 did not believe him and 4 did believe him. Yeah, small sample, but that's an idea of the support he's getting in the town he won a title in.

Comment

yet another thing the government should absolutely not be doing. just more of the insane drug war. this should be between mlb and the players (and indirectly the fans are really the ones to decide this issue).

Comment

I watched it. I wonder how much the hearings over a ball player/ entertainer cost the USA tax payers? Doesnt congress have anything more important to be doing? I wonder what the daily wage for each congressman is?

Comment

Clemens is a turd that should go to jail. A major disappointment to so many who mistakenly looked up to him as some kind of role model. And all the money being wasted on this BS by the government could have been several more miles of a wall to keep all these illegals out of this country.

How many illegal mexicans are getting YOUR benefits that YOU have put into the system? So when you really need them, they will be all gone because some wetback was having tacos, burritos, and coronas with the food stamps that YOU paid for so that he and his 16 family members could spend their sod laying paychecks on cell phones. d

Comment

My biggest problem with the steroid controversy is the obvious double standard between sports...mainly football and baseball. I can't think of one football player that has been ostracized for using steroids yet people are ready to throw guys like Bonds and Clemens in jail and throw out their accomplishments. These guys used them late in their careers to overcome injuries and prolong their careers. To be able to keep doing what they loved. Steroids didn't make them into supermen, they were supermen anyway. The bulk of their accomplishments were gained without them and to think that they are anything less than superstars is beyond comprehension (mine anyway).

Comment

There is a double standard......I believe that is because baseball, and the records in baseball, are sacred among Americans. While football may now be the number one sport, baseball still has a special place and has fans that are diffeent than any other sport.

There are baseball fans that can rattle off batting averages and stolen base numbers from 50 years ago like it was yesterday.

That, in my opinion, is why it's such a big deal for baseball.

For a sport like football, we kind of expect them to be doing something to become giants, and the records simply don't mean as much.

As far as throwing these guys in jail.......with guys like Bonds and Clemens, they deserve to be thrown in jail, but not for using steroids. They deserve to be thrown in jail because they aren't man enough to admit it, and have broken perjury laws that any one of us would be expected to abide by. These guys think they are better than all of us, that they are some how above the law. As I mentioned in an earlier post, they have been pampered and "yessed" to death for just about their entire lives. They assume they can just say whatever they want and everything will go away.

Look at guys like Giambi and Pettitte........whoops, you got me. Yeah, I did it. But guess what, they'll be remembered for telling the truth and admitting it, and may some day again, be the heros of a World Series and be taken in by the fans. Bonds and Clemens won't.

I despise Clemens after all this. Yeah, he was a great pitcher in his day, and yeah, maybe he just wanted to extend his career.......but what did the Yankees pay this clown for less than a year? 28 Million???? And where did the money come from??? From guys like me paying admission into Yankee Stadium......now this clown wants to thumb his nose at me and every other Yankee/baseball fan and lie thru his teeth? Screw him.

Just my 2 cents

Comment

dont sugar coat it....how do you really feel

Comment

Working...
                        X