Dr Ray baseball log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Ray baseball log

I've never done a log for any picks but I'm going to start one for this baseball season. I use a special method for handicapping-picking baseball that I came up with a couple years ago that is always profitable. For this I will almost only select dogs. Some days will be shit days but the fact I'm always getting the odds works in my favor when the final numbers come in. I will try to post plays daily.

plays for 4-16-08

Florida +128
    Pitt +175
    Det +150

Originally posted by Dr Ray
    I've never done a log for any picks but I'm going to start one for this baseball season. I use a special method for handicapping-picking baseball that I came up with a couple years ago that is always profitable. For this I will almost only select dogs. Some days will be shit days but the fact I'm always getting the odds works in my favor when the final numbers come in. I will try to post plays daily.

plays for 4-16-08

Florida +128
    Pitt +175
    Det +150
    Just want to note, I will use an imaginary $100 bet to keep track of every game I select. Also when I said "odds works in my favor when the final numbers come in", I was talking about the end of the season not on a daily basis. Even though I will have plenty of winning days.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dr Ray]I've never done a log for any picks but I'm going to start one for this baseball season. I use a special method for handicapping-picking baseball that I came up with a couple years ago that is always profitable. For this I will almost only select dogs. Some days will be shit days but the fact I'm always getting the odds works in my favor when the final numbers come in. I will try to post plays daily.

plays for 4-16-08

Florida +128 WIN
      Pitt +175 LOSS
      Det +150 WIN

(4-16-08 Recap) Decent start to my log, a 2-1 first day. You could have got a much better line with Florida +140 almost everywhere by the end of the day and Pitt +182 at many places. Detroit dropped to the high 130's at some places but still remained +150 at others.

YTD record 2-1 YTD money (+/-) + $178 YTD average winner + $1.39

I will have plays for 4-17-08 but havent made any final decisions yet.

Comment

plays for 4-17-08

NYY +115
        Florida +150
        Det +110
        KC +140

Was considering Houston but I guess I'll call it an opinion play.

Comment

Nice Start. Looking forward toi your plays.

Detroit was a nice win at those odds. I think if you can ever get that with a team like the tigers it is a must play even with a rookie on the mound vs. CC. I wish I would have jumped on board but I chickened out.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12
            Nice Start. Looking forward toi your plays.

Detroit was a nice win at those odds. I think if you can ever get that with a team like the tigers it is a must play even with a rookie on the mound vs. CC. I wish I would have jumped on board but I chickened out.
            Thanks, I definitely choked my ass off the next day but it happens.

Comment

plays for 4-17-08

NYY +115 LOSS
              Florida +150 LOSS
              Det +110 LOSS
              KC +140 LOSS

Was considering Houston but I guess I'll call it an opinion play.
              (4-17-08 recap) Whewww got my as kicked. The sad thing is I had a bad feeling all day about those games but they all qualified as plays. If either the Yanks or Royals would have won I would still be up money on the season. 0-4 is never good but not as bad as other sports where you're ususally laying the juice. I want to have a winning record but with my method you can still have a losing record and make money which has happened before. Say I have 200 plays this season as long as my average winner is +1.25 on the season I only need to pick 45% winners to break even. I want to do better than break even but just wanted to give you a idea of the slack it gives you.

YTD record 2-5 YTD money (+/-) -$222 YTD average winner +$1.39

Comment

plays for 4-18-08

Seattle +150 scary pitcher but I feel its worth the price

Comment

plays for 4-18-08

Seattle +150 scary pitcher but I feel its worth the price
                  LOSS

Well another loser, the Seattle pitcher who I knew I was taking a chance with put me in a early hole. But its a long season plenty of time to right the ship.

YTD record 2-6 YTD money (+/-) -$322 YTD average winner +$1.39

Plays for 4-19-08

I know its easy to say after the fact but Milwaukee which won would have been my only play for the day but I didnt get a chance to post so it doesnt count. To bad it would have been nice to snap this losing streak.

Comment

Had no plays for Sunday 4-20-08

Plays for 4-21-08

Florida -102
                    San Diego +134

Comment

Had no plays for Sunday 4-20-08

Plays for 4-21-08

Florida -102 WIN
                      San Diego +134 LOSS
                      Glad to break this losing streak but still lost two bucks on the day. Still seems like I'm doing terrible which I am but still only 3 wins away from + money.

YTD record 3-7 YTD money (+/-) -$324 YTD average winner +$1.25 ($376/3)

Comment

plays for 4-22-08

Florida +110
                        Atlanta (run line -1.5) -1.05

Comment

plays for 4-22-08

Florida +110 loss
                          Atlanta loss(run line -1.5) -1.05
                          I liked both of those plays alot. I'll take that situation with Atlanta anyday of the week. I'm just running bad right now I think my dog can out-pick me at the moment. I will eventually come out ahead but getting further in the hole isnt helping.

YTD record 3-9 YTD money (+/-) -$524 YTD average winner +$1.25

Plays for 4-23-08

Arizona -101
                          Chicago -105

Comment

I liked both of those plays alot. I'll take that situation with Atlanta anyday of the week. I'm just running bad right now I think my dog can out-pick me at the moment. I will eventually come out ahead but getting further in the hole isnt helping.

YTD record 3-9 YTD money (+/-) -$524 YTD average winner +$1.25

Plays for 4-23-08

Arizona -101 loss
                            Chicago -105 win
                            Just one of these days by accident I'll win all my plays.

YTD record 4-10 YTD money (+/-) -$528.72 YTD average winner +$1.18

Plays for 4-24-08

ChicagoC +115
                            Arizona +120
                            Houston +160

Comment

Just one of these days by accident I'll win all my plays.

YTD record 4-10 YTD money (+/-) -$528.72 YTD average winner +$1.18

Plays for 4-24-08

ChicagoC +115 loss
                              Arizona +120 win
                              Houston +160 win
                              Finally!!!! Another winning day. This was my favorite card of the year thus far, so if I lost today I was really going to go loco. As a side note I'm counting the change now on favorites. I'm doing so bad that I need every penny I can get for my plus minus ratio lol.

YTD record 6-11 YTD money (+/-) -$348.72 YTD average winner +$1.25

Comment

Working...
                              X