X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boston/Lakers Game 3

Lakers -9

Comment

I can see a good argument for both sides 2nite. i have to lean towards the Celtics though. If this was not the championship I could see a let down scenario but i think the Celtics will keep the pressure on as the game winds down will have a shot at winning and will lose but get the cover.

So my official plays are the Celts +9 and under 195.

i took 2 prop picks: Lamar Odom first Laker to score +250. He was totally ineffective in game 2 and should come out fired up for this game. i also hedged and took the lakers to win by 10-12 points +350 just in case they do put the smackdown on the Celts.

Good luck!

Swicat

Comment

Well, you are definitely the man. So I'm officially shutting my mouth and turning the NBA playoff thread over to you. I'll just sit back and drink beer and cash in on your plays

Comment

What a pathetic scoring game except for a few players. There were more missed shots in that game than there are at a firing range for the blind. Check this out,
          Pierce 2-14
          Garnett 6-21
          House 2-8
          Odom 2-9
          Gasol 3-9 and misses 5 out of 8 FT's
          Fisher 1-6
          and Kobe shoots lights out from the field but only shoots .60% from the line.
          Shit, they've played over a hundred freakin' games you'd think they'd have it down pat by now.

Comment

I will try to keep the magic going...

A couple of thoughts about game 3. The players must have been tired as they suggested because the shooting was woeful and the free throw misses were inexplicable. Also i thought the Celtics could have made a better effort in the end but gave up too soon very similar to the lakers effort in game 1.

On to game 4- I expect a much crisper game tonight. i think the Celts will be very motivated knowing that a win will put them in the catbirds seat and likewise the Lakers have to feel good getting the win in game 3. i expect both teams to shoot alot better and for them to make their free throws at a higher percentage.

Therefore I am taking the first half over 95. I expect at least one team to shoot the lights out in the first half. I also like the 2nd quarter over 47.

For the game, I am taking the Celts +7.5 and on the money line small. I think they are the better team and 7.5 is pretty generous.

Good Luck,

Swicat

Comment

Yeah, I agree that the Celtics are the better team at the moment. If the Lakers had been playing like they were the last half of the season and before the finals I would say not, but a couple Lakers have disappeared and Kobe can't do it all. Gasol, Odom and Fisher need to step it up.

Comment

The refs really screwed up in that 3rd Q. They must not have got the word from above that they needed to do everything in their power to make sure the series went 7 games

Comment

Game 5

Keeping it simple tonight and taking the under 192. I will also the Celts on the money line.

i am sure there are some who think the lakers will step up at home and take care of business but they have not shown me anything that says they can outlast the Celts for 4 quarters. I think the under will work as especially in the 2nd half as one team will start to pack it in and go down without much of a fight.

Good Luck!

Swicat

Comment

Well, with all of the scrutiny lately, it looks like the refs aren't favoring the Lakers foul-wise in an attempt to prolong the series. It is now half-way through the 3rd Q and the Lakers have actually been called for more fouls so far. We'll see how it unravels in the 4th Q. You know the powers-to-be don't want it to end so soon after getting their dream match-up.

Comment

Sorry for the lateness...no strong play tonite. I have been making a living on the Celts so will keep that up.

Good Luck,
                      swicat

Comment

Working...
                      X