Grindin it out Baseball Picks and Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grindin it out Baseball Picks and Info

Thought I would start a new thread since the other one has grown to 3 pages. Lets make some cash in the stretch run!

1-2 for me last night as STL and Minny beat me. Astros came thru.

Tuesday:

Tigers -115 over Jays...Gut play, don;t know why really. Off loss and Jays are not good and may be in coast mode.

Marlins -120 over Cards...Fading the cards again. Volstad has been good for Florida too.

Reds -110 over Pirates...Volquez with 2 extra days rest.

SF/Houston UNDER 7.5..Linecum-Oswalt-should be a duel!

Philly -115 over LAD....Hamels

OK....I copied mine over from the other thread

Recap of Monday - Went 1-2 in the straight bets for -100. I hit the 2-team parlay for +120.

Tuesday - Aug 12
    straight bets
    Pittsburgh -105 vs Cincinnati - (Karstens 2-0, 0.00 vs Volquez 13-5, 2.93) - Karstens hasn't given up a single run in his only 2 starts so far, giving up just 7 hits in 15 innings. Last start was a complete game 2 hit shutout at Arizona. This will be his first home start. Volquez has hit a rough spot since his All-Star game appearance, as have the Reds. The Reds have won just twice in their last 16 games and are just 1-3 in Volquez' last 4 starts, where he has given up 19 runs (15 earned) on 30 hits, including 5 HR, over just 20.1 innings.

Minnesota +123 vs NY Yankees - (Blackburn 9-6, 3.60 vs Mussina 15-7, 3.27) Blackburn is 6-2 with a 2.54 ERA in 10 home starts this year. The Twins have won in 8 of those 10 home starts. With last night's 4-0 victory, the Twins are now 3-2 vs the Yankees at home this year. The Twins are 21-5 in their last 26 home games overall. Blackburn has faced the Yankees once this year taking the road loss and giving up just 3 earned runs in 6 innings, but a couple of errors and shoddy relief pitching made the result look a lot worse. The Yankees are just 2-6 on their current road trip and have lost the last 4 in a row. Mussina is 6-1 with a 2.94 ERA on the road and 2-0 with a 1.29 ERA vs the Twins this year. The Yankees are 6-2 in all of his road starts combined. I'll still take a shot with the home dog Twins based on their recent home performance and stellar 40-21 home record.

Dodgers +103 vs Phillies - (Kershaw 2-3, 3.71 vs Hamels 9-8, 3.35) - Kershaw may finally be living up to expectations as he has gone 2-0 with a 0.47 ERA over his last 3 starts, giving up just 1 run total on 11 hits and with 15 K's over 20 innings of work. The Dodgers are 8-3 in their last 11 home games and 3-1 in home games since acquiring Manny Ramirez. Can't really say much bad about Hamels or the Phillies. I just like the new-look Dodgers today, as home dogs, with the way Kershaw has pitched lately.

2-team parlay
    Tampa Bay -139 @ Oakland - (Kazmir 8-5, 3.20 vs Gonzalez 0-1, 6.00) Oakland is an astoundingly horrible 3-21 in their last 24 games, and 1-12 in their last 13. Kazmir is 2-0 vs Oakland this year with a miniscule 0.64 ERA, going 14 innings and giving up just a single run on 6 total hits and with 17 K's. Gio Gonzalez going for Oakland in just his 2nd career start. In his first start, vs Toronto last week, he took the 5-1 loss giving up 4 runs on 4 hits over 6 innings, the killer being a 3 run HR by Rod Barajas in the 1st inning. Oakland certainly can't lose every time out, but considering Kazmir's dominance of the A's this year I gotta go with the Rays, even with a couple starters out.
    Milwaukee -113 @ San Diego - (Suppan 7-7, 4.70 vs Baek 4-5, 4.90) - Baek is 0-6-1 with a 6.33 ERA in 7 home starts where opposing hitters are batting .310 against him. Milwaukee has won 6 games in a row and are 13-3 in their last 16 road games. Suppan is 2-0 with a 1.93 ERA in his last 2 road starts.

Leans -
    Angels/Mariners UN 9.5
    Yankees/Twins UN 8.5
    Pittsburgh/Cincinnati UN 8.5

Comment

losing day for me yesterday--Should have went with the Dodgers!

Wednesday

Under 9.5 cubs/braves game1

Cubs -125 over ATL game 2

Giants +115 over Stros

Seattle +130 over LAA

Comment

1-2 on the straight bets yesterday and 1-1 on the parlay. A couple close ones as the Twins went to extra innings before losing and the Rays lost a close 2-1 game vs the A's. This reliever Matt Guerrier for the Twins has been killing me lately as he blew a couple recently in Seattle and then sucked again last night.

Wednesday August 13

straight bet- in the early games I like
        Cubs -103 @ Atlanta - (Marquis 7-7, 4.73 vs Morton 3-5, 5.70) - This is mainly a go-against on Morton as the Braves are just 1-4 in his home starts where he's pitching to an 8.39 ERA and opposing hitters are batting .324 against him.

Comment

continued
          Wednesday August 13

straight bet
          Arizona +115 at Colorado - (Davis 4-7, 4.75 vs Francis 3-8, 5.81) - Francis is 0-3 vs Arizona this year, giving up 20 runs on 32 hits in just 16 innings for an 11.25 ERA. Arizona batters have hit .421 against him in those 3 games in which Colorado has been out-scored 23-8. Colorado is 3-6 overall this year when Francis starts at home. Colorado is just 2-6 on their current home stand and have lost 3 in a row and 5 of their last 6. Arizona is just 2-6 in Davis' 8 road starts, where he has pitched to a 4.22 ERA. Davis has not faced the Rockies this year. The addition of Adam Dunn in the clean-up position should be a big boost for the D'backs offense. In yesterday's 4-2 win vs the Rockies he had a pretty good debut going 1 for 3 with a double and 2 walks.

2-team parlay
          Angels -143 vs Mariners - (Santana 13-5, 3.45 vs Hernandez 7-7, 2.94) - Santana is 2-0 vs the Mariners this year with a 1.72 ERA, giving up just 3 runs and 9 hits over 15.2 innings. Seattle batters have hit just .164 against him in those games. After losing the first 2 match-ups of the season to Seattle, the Angels have gone 7-1 against them. The Angels are 6-1 on their current home stand and have now won 5 in a row. Seattle has lost 4 in a row and 5 of their last 6. I may even take a chance at the -1.5 runs in this game at +140.
          Pirates -159 vs Cincinnati - (Maholm 7-7, 3.76 vs Fogg 2-4, 7.98) - Maholm is 5-1 with a 3.14 ERA in 11 home starts. The Pirates are 8-3 overall when Maholm starts at home. Maholm has faced the Reds twice this year and has 2 no decisions to show for it despite just giving up 2 runs on 11 hits over 12.1 innings for a 1.46 ERA. The Pirates were 1-1 in those games, winning 1-0 and then losing 4-3 when closer Matt Capps blew the save. The average number of runs scored against the Pirates in Maholm's starts is just 4 compared to 6.8 against the Reds when Fogg starts.

Comment

1-1 for me on the straight bets and 1-1 on the parlay.

Thursday - August 14

2-team parlay

Arizona -138 @ Colorado - (Haren 12-6, 3.00 vs Rusch 5-3, 5.22)
            Mets -150 @ Washington - (Perez 8-7, 3.90 vs Balester 2-4, 4.66)

Comment

Thursday -cont

2-team parlay

Brewers -106 @ Padres - (Sheets 11-5, 2.95 vs Peavy 8-8, 2.68) Sheets 6-2 with a 2.83 ERA on the road where opposing teams are batting just .231 against him. The Brewers have won in 10 of his 14 road starts overall. Peavey 4-4 at home with a 1.43 ERA where opposing teams are batting just 1.96 vs him. The Padres have won in just 4 of his 10 home starts overall though due to lack of run support. In the 6 losses the Padres have scored just 7 runs total for him. Likely the same result vs Sheets. The Brewers are the hot team winning 8 games in a row and 10 of their last 12.
              Cubs -140 @ Braves - (Lilly 11-6, 4.26 vs Glavine 2-3, 4.85) - Glavine coming off of the DL and hasn't pitched since June 11. Chicago is hitting .290 vs lefties this year and are 5-0 so far vs the Braves. Cubs 13-3 in their last 16 games overall, have won their last 6 road games and the first 2 in this match-up by a combined scored of 18-2.

Comment

Had to post the others quickly as the games were starting.

Last one,
                Thursday - Aug 14

2-team parlay
                Red Sox RL -1.5 -140 vs Rangers - (Matsuzaka 13-2, 2.90 vs 0-1, 10.61) - Hunter has had 2 starts this year, both at home, and has given up a combined 11 runs on 16 hits in just 9.1 innings, including 3 HR's. Now he gets to start on the road, vs Boston ace Matsuzaka, against an offense that has scored 27 runs in the last 2 days. Boston's last 8 victories have been by 2 runs or more, as well as 12 of their last 13 victories. Boston is 9-2 in Matsuzaka's 11 home starts this year. The Rangers will also be without slugger Josh Hamilton for this game.
                Dodgers -118 vs Phillies - (Kuroda 6-8, 4.02 vs Myers 5-9, 5.09) - Hate to pick the Phillies to get swept for their 4th loss in a row in LA, but Myers is just 1-6 with a 6.61 ERA in 12 road starts this year where opposing batters are hitting .312 off of him. The Phillies have won his last 2 road starts, vs St Louis and Washington, but prior to that they were just 1-9 in his road starts. Kuroda is 4-1 with a 3.29 ERA in his 10 home starts, where hitters are batting just .224 against him. The Dodgers are 6-4 overall when Kuroda starts at home, but he's really just had one bad start in those 4 losses. In the other 3 losses he only gave up 7 runs total, so he does give them a decent chance to win.

Comment

Friday--

I think I found one that should be a very solid play, for 2 units, double play, game of the week, or whatever you call it.

OVER 9.5 (-110) Cards/Reds...This Brad Thompson kid is not a major league starter. I think they are hopiong for 4-5 inning out of him at the most and then hand it over to the very shaky bullpen. Arroyo is still Arroyo with a high ERA. Combine the 2 and the cards hot bats, and I see an good chance at the OVER early or if needed, late.

Comment

recap - I hit 2 of the parlays and got 1-1 on the 3rd one with a tough 2-1 Brewer loss.
                    Everybody moves on today, so brand ne set of match-ups.

Friday - August 15

2-team parlay #1
                    Chicago White Sox -118 @ Oakland - (Floyd 12-6, 3.84 vs Braden 3-2, 4.62) - I think the bottom line here is that Oakland has only won 4 times in their last 27 games. They have gone from around 5 or 6 games behind the Angels to over 20 games out in real quick order. Chicago is coming off of a successful 7-3 home stand, and have won their last 3 games in a row in which they out-scored the Royals 22-2. The Sox are just 5-5 in Floyd's 10 road starts, but are 4-2 in his last 6 and have won the last 2 in a row. He's faced the A's once this year, going 7.1 innings and giving up no runs on just 3 hits for the 6-1 win. This will just be Braden's 5th start of the year, and just his 2nd home start. The A's are 2-2 in his 4 starts so far, and 0-1 in his home start. The Sox are stellar at home and not the best road team, but similar to Tampa Bay who just came in and took 2 of 3.
                    Red Sox -118 vs Blue Jays - (Byrd 7-10, 4.53 vs Halladay 13-9, 2.72) - Boston has won their last 4 games in a row and 5 of their last 6. In those last 6 games they have scored 53 runs, and have scored at least 5 in all of them. They are 10-3 in their last 13 games overall and have won their last 6 home games. Byrd is 4-0 with over his last 4 starts, where he has only given up 4 runs total on 25 hits over 29 innings. Halladay is just 2-3 since his All-Star appearance despite just giving up 6 runs total over his last 4 starts. He is averaging almost 6.5 SO's per start. Gotta go with the hot bats though, at home, where they are 43-16 this year.

2-team parlay #2
                    Dodgers -150 vs Milwaukee - (Billingsley 11-9, 3.07 vs Parra 9-5, 4.02) - Dodgers are hot just off sweeping the Phillies in winning 4 straight. They are 11-3 in their last 14 home games now and have won their last 6 straight in LA. Billingsley is 5-1 over his last 6 home starts with a 2.44 ERA. The Brewers are 5-5 in Parra's 10 road starts. Milwaukee's 8 game winning streak was busted last night by Jake Peavey and the Padres. The Brewers were without slugger Ryan Braun, their HR, RBI and BA leader, and only managed to score a single run. It's looks like Braun will be out again tonite as he is listed as doubtful.
                    Phillies -135 @ Padres - (Moyer 10-7, 3.81 vs Maddux 6-8, 4.12) - The Phillies should be able to get off the schneid vs the Padres you would think. You've got one of the strongest offensive teams vs one of the weakest. The Padres are just 5-18 in their last 23 home games. Philadelphia is 8-4 in Moyer's 12 road starts this year, where he's pitched to a 3.05 ERA. He has given up 3 runs or less in his last 12 starts overall. The Phillies need to win games like this if they are going to keep pace with the Mets, who have won 3 in a row now to jump ahead by a game in the standings.

2-team parlay #3
                    Rockies -113 @ Washington - (De La Rosa 5-6, 6.28 vs Redding 8-7, 4.61) - Redding is just 1-4 over his last 5 starts, where he has been getting hit pretty good, in given up 23 runs on 36 hits in just 26 innings for an 8.21 ERA. Granted, 4 of those were road starts, but still that's pretty scary. De La Rosa has certainly pitched better at home, but Washington is in the middle of another slump having now lost 7 games in a row. They have only scored 11 runs total during that time, have been shutout 3 times, and have given up 48 runs. They have had a ton of injuries this year. Christian Guzman is the latest casualty.
                    Cardinals -112 @ Cincinnati - (Thompson 4-2, 4.34 vs Arroyo 10-9, 5.44) - Will take the Cards vs the slumping Reds who have only won 4 times in their last 19 games and are just 1-9 in their last 10 home games. St Louis batting .283 vs righties this year.

Comment

nice night! Even better if the white sox bullpen didn't crash. i was on them too. Dotel is weak!

my over lost as nobody scored much late. Cards win so it did not hurt that bad i guess.

Comment

Saturday--

Reds -105 over Cards...Go against Pinero again.

Yanks/Tigers Parlay

White sox -135 over A's

Brew Crew +130 over LAD

Comment

Scary betting against the Dodgers now that they learned how to hit..Pitching has been pretty good and Lowe has pitched really well..

Best Of Luck today...

Comment

RECAP - I hit 2 out of the 3 parlays again...allright! That's 4 out of the last 6. Today I'll get creamed.

Saturday - August 16

straight bets

Cubs -105 @ Marlins - (Marshall 2-2, 3.55 vs Sanchez 1-2, 4.08) - Gotta go with the hot team here. The Cubs are 15-3 over their last 18 games, and have now won 5 in a row. They have scored 41 runs over the 5 game winning streak. The Marlins have lost 3 games in a row and are just 1-4 on their current home stand. Florida is batting just .227 vs lefties this year. Looks like Chicago is going to rest Lee and Soto, but still like the match up. Marshall pitched 3 innings of relief vs the Marlins recently and gave up just 1 run on 1 hit ( a HR) and struck out 5.

Baltimore +190 @ Detroit - (Sarfate 4-2, 5.16 vs Verlander 8-13, 4.77) - I guess this is worth a shot at +190....what the hell. Both pitchers suck lately. Verlander is 0-4 in his last 4 starts giving up a whopping 24 runs on just 27 hits over 21.2 innings. The walks and HR's are killing him, I guess, as he's also given up 9 walks and 4 HR's. His last win did happen to be a great game at Baltimore however, but I'll just focus on his latest perfromance as it makes my pick look better Detroit is in a bit of a funk right now losing 4 out of their last 5, and are just 3-5 on this home stand following a 3-7 road trip. Baltimore murdered them yesterday 11-2, and are 3-2 vs Detroit so far this year. The O's have won the last 3 games in a row on this road trip by a combined score of 28-9. Sarfate has pretty much sucked too as a starter. This will be just his 4 start of the year, with most of his appearances having been from the bullpen. But considering Detroit's and Verlander's recent performance, this is too good to pass up.

2-team parlay
                            Dodgers -142 vs Milwaukee - (Lowe 9-10, 4.11 vs Bush 7-9, 4.35) - The Dodgers are 8-5 overall when Lowe starts at home, where he is pitching to a 2.83 ERA and limiting opposing batters to just a .211 average. He is just 3-2 in his last 5 home starts, despite giving up only 7 runs total on just 20 hits over 35.1 innings, for a 1.79 ERA. The Dodgers are now 5-0 on this home stand. They are 12-3 in their last 15 home games now and have won their last 7 straight in LA. The Brewers are just 2-8 in Bush's 10 road starts, where he is pitching to a lofty 6.19 ERA. Milwaukee has now lost 2 straight and may again be without top offensive threat Ryan Zaun, or at least a less than 100% Zaun, as he is listed as questionable with strained intercostals. The Brewers had been averaging a little over 6 runs per game during their 8 game winning streak, but have managed just 5 runs total in their last 2 games. Manny Ramirez (.423, 5 HR, 3 2B, 17 RBI) and Casey Blake (.303, 4 HR, 7 2B, 12 RBI) have paid big dividends since their arrivals.
                            Red Sox -118 vs Blue Jays - (Byrd 7-10, 4.53 vs Halladay 13-9, 2.72) - (I'll carry this one over from yesterday since it got postponed). Boston has won their last 4 games in a row and 5 of their last 6. In those last 6 games they have scored 53 runs, and have scored at least 5 in all of them. They are 10-3 in their last 13 games overall and have won their last 6 home games. Byrd is 4-0 with over his last 4 starts, where he has only given up 4 runs total on 25 hits over 29 innings. Halladay is just 2-3 since his All-Star appearance despite just giving up 6 runs total over his last 4 starts. He is averaging almost 6.5 SO's per start. Gotta go with the hot bats though, at home, where they are 43-16 this year.

2-team parlay
                            Cards -115 @ Reds - (Pineiro 5-5, 4.82 vs Harang 3-12, 5.17) - Gotta go with another hot vs cold team here. The Griffey-less, Dunn-less Reds have only won 4 times in their last 20 games and are just 1-10 in their last 11 home games. Harang is 1-7 with 4 no-decisions over his last 12 starts. In his last 5 starts he has given up 27 runs on 38 hits, including 9 HR's and 15 walks, over just 26 innings. The Cards have won 3 in a row and 4 of their last 5 games. They are 5-2 vs the Reds on the year. Piniero has been a little better than Harang, but still like the Cards vs a really struggling Reds team.
                            Phillies -145 @ Padres - (Kendrick 10-6, 4.74 vs Reineke 0-0, 0.00) - The Phillies got off the schneid vs the Padres, as expected last night. You've got one of the strongest offensive teams vs one of the weakest again. The Padres are just 5-19 in their last 24 home games, and are going with Chad Reineke, who was called up from Triple-A to fill in for Chris Young. This will be his first major league appearance.

Comment

Not Ryan Zaun you idiot....Ryan Braun

Comment

Working...
                              X