Kentucky at Louisville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky at Louisville

I also posted this in my Week 1 thread, but will post it separately here also.

Kentucky +3 @ Louisville - I've looked at this game pretty hard. Although Hunter Cantwell has seen starting time in the past, Louisiville will basically be fielding just 3 returning offensive starters, and only one at a skill position, RB Brock Bolen 456 yds, 7 TD last year (returning WR Scott Long is out for this game due to injury). The team has brought Ron English over from Michigan to act as DC, but he'll have his work cut out for him as Louisville's secondary ranked 115th last year in pass defense. The Cards gave up 38 or more points in 7 out of 12 games last year, including a 40-34 loss at Kentucky, in finishing with a 6-6 record. Kentucky looks to be in better shape defensively with just 3 key losses from last year and 7 returning starters. They'll have some rebuilding to do on offense with QB Andre Woodson gone, but they do return RB Derrick Locke, 94 att., 521 yds., 5 TD and WR Dicky Lyons, 56 rec., 655 yds., 7 TD, and will have a big man at QB in 6'6" softmore Mike Hartline, who has some scrambling potential as well, and should be a hard man to bring down. Kentucky should also have the advantage in the kicking game with returning PK Lones Seiber (16-25 FG, 51-54 PAT, 99 pts), whereas Louisville will be breaking in a new kicker. Kentucky finished the season at 8-5 overall, counting their bowl victory over Florida St, and had some really big wins to their credit in beating eventual BCS champs LSU, as well as Arkansas. They also played tough in losses to Georgia (24-13), Tennessee (52-50 OT) and Florida (45-37) and scored 35 or more pts in 9 of their 13 games.

The line is now +3.5 in places.

Comment

Working...
    X