Week 3 College from woodee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 3 College from woodee

13-7 on my posted college plays for the year.

Will be back but please throw your thought and plays in this thread if you'd like.

Two I have played so far--

Fresno State -6 at Toledo...played this sunday night as the lines came out.

Ohio State -21 over Troy...As much as we have bashed OSU, I think they come out and bomb Troy at home with no real look-a-head in sight as they only have Minnesota on deck. Think they get things straight, and maybe hold Troy under 10 and score a bunch for frustrationpurpopses over last week. I can see this one rising as gametime hits.

Also looking strongly at:

Temple +28 at Penn State...PSU has Illinois on deck and Temple is not your Temple of old...Line seems way to high for me on this in-state game with an improving team vs. a look-a-head for PSU.

La-Monroe +6 at Tulane...Tulane getting too much love for hanging with ECU last week and Monroe has faced a tough schedule to get them geared up here. Too many points.

Auburn +3 vs. LSU..strange line to me and I think Auburn's offense inproves and D plays steady as aleays.

Will chime back in throughout the week.

Please post your thoughts too!

No official play for me on tonight's game, but lean with Louisville +4.5 over K-State.

Added:

La-Monroe +6 over Tulane

Waiting for the line to go up more on Temple but will play them before gametime too. Would be nice to get it up to +30. Couple 28.5s out there now.

Comment

I have isolated my play of the week and probably the strongest of the year so far after looking into a bit more.

Utah -8.5 over Air Force....Line is rising since I looked at it this morning and almost played it and lost a 1/2 point by waiting until a few minutes ago but did buy it to 8. Most shops have it at 9 as there must have been some heavy action on it. From what I gather it may be one of the better cappers in the Nation GOY, and its not one of those guys that has GOY all the time. One and one only per year.

I came across some interesting stuff about AF 3 wins so far this year that leads me to believe it was smoke and mirrors stuff thus giving us a bunch of line value here with utah. Did you know AF has has 210 rushing attempts to only 23 passing attempts, and their QB was 0 for 7 last week against Houston and still won? Basically if Utah stops the triple option, they can name the score.

Revenge factor too! AF beat utah last year 20-12 at Utah.

This lines up for a nice spot and play but I would grab what you can get now and keep it to at least 8.5 althought I do not think it will come close to that.

Utah -8 (-120) buy 1/2 point over Air Force..My fav play of the week!

Maybe a couple more to round out the week but I cannot find too much right now. Do like Missy State +8 over gTech as Bettorsworld has made that a key release.

Comment

Thursday nite game--

I think this the ideal PASS situation. 2 teams that nobody know where they are going to be this year. WV is tempting b/c they were suppossed to be good and Colorado is tempting b/c they are getting points athome and are said to be much improved.

Tough call. if I had to play it, I would go Colorado.

Comment

Woodee 12

I like Indy vs Ball State.

The Hoosiers have a really good QB and
          offense, Defense is suspect ......

Look for a 40 -30 game

Indy is heads and shoulders above ball state
          and playing well....

Carpet

Comment

Going to officially add these to my saturday's card--Like that Indy play Carpet too.

ML Parlay of the week--

Minnesota pk over Fla Atalantic
            Michigan State pk over Notre Dame

SanJose State +8 over Stanford...i have eyed this all week and finally pulled the trigger. San Jose is not bad and this is a rilvary game for them even though Stanford does not think of it as anything special. I will take the motivation side here.

Temple +29 over Penn State...Just too many with Illinois on deck and a improved Temple team.

Ole Miss -6 over Vandy...Going against a team on the rise here with another team that i think people will be taliking about after this game. Vandys nice early run has ended here.

Good Luck today guys and feel free to chime in!

Comment

Swicat's picks

Late for the early games but here is the PM and evening slate i like

Toledo- Fresno blew the game last week and now travels to a game they are expected to win. Meanwhile Toledo has a chance to get their name back out with a win.

Auburn and Tenn. Both LSU and Florida are overrated. Like the home dogs here.

Florida St - Florida State will be ready for Wake. Wake has played well but have deficiencies on offense that seminoles will handle.

Texas A&M- Upset special here. The canes should be a dog here. The first game under the new coach for A&M was of course horrible but they have had time to straighten things out and will flatten Miami.

Also like Air Force and Utah to fly over.

Good Luck,
              Swicat

Comment

Power sweep 4* pick is UTAH

Comment

rough week, I had many of the same plays

Comment

Very rough week! I felt like I was being kicked in the balls over and over again on Saturday.

The worst part is that you put in the time to cap these games and its almost better to flip a coin.

I felt I had some strong plays, but nothing went right at all.

I had a good day in the NFL on a few plays to salvage the weekend but back to the drawing board this week.

I will be back to recap what happened on my plays later today. All I know is Utah did not dominate as I thought they would.

Comment

Another poor week by me. Fortunately I went big on Toledo and the Utah over. How bad is Tennessee. I have never seen them look so slow.

Back to work....

Swicat

Comment

Working...
                      X