Woodee's Football Sept. 25-28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodee's Football Sept. 25-28

A horrible 1-7 for me last week and thats all I need to say about that excpet I thought I had a strong card!

14-13 YTD on my plays I have posted here in the forum.

Slightly better overall for me on the year. I am going to try to get in and post anything I am playing for real money as time permits. Sometimes I make a late play here and there but usually I have everything I am playing in by the early games on Saturday.

Short on time but here are just the plays i've got down on so far. Maybe 1-2 more but going to sit back a bit this week and watch more than I play.

Northwestern +9 at Iowa...Sounds like Sutton will play so this game should be more of a 4-6 ppoint spread. Don't see where the linesmakers are getting thier number here.

Ole Miss +23 At Florida

Colorado/Florida State UNDER 42 (bought 1/2)

Nevada/UNLV OVER 57...Both teams will be in the 30's here.

More to come later...possibly Minnesota, South Florida? Looking them over more now.

No plays on Thursday games but if i had to play I would probably go with:

USC -24 over Oregon State...Everyoine is on the trojans and why not. You can make a case for the Beavers, but its a good one to pass on as it may be blow-out city. The first half -13.5 looks the best to me at this point.

SMU/Tulane...who cares. Would side with the dog in SMU +18 as I don't rememebr Tulane being this big of a fav for a long time. SMU is pass happy so they may be able to keep it withing striking distance. The total seems low to me at 49.5 so over seems logical too.

Both no plays for me as i will watch the Twins/Sox instead.

Comment

Everyone was surprised with that one last night. Great game. I ended up taking the over 24 in the 2nd half and got lucky on it!

Please post your college plays in here too. I want to hear what you guys' thought are this week too! Everyone can offer some insight on games they are looking at so we can isolate some plays and make some cash!

Comment

with you on Ole Miss.

Looking at Ball State also. Will probably be playing both.

Comment

Passed on Minny vs. Ohio State.

Other plays:

UAB +27 over South Carolins

Western Mich igan -4 over Temple

Tease-7point--

UCLA +14/Miochigan +11.5

Comment

5-1-1 on the week for me.

19-14-1 for the college season.

Only loss was the Florida State/Colorado UNDER. All the other played out as expected with a SU win on Ole Miss-Love when that happens.

Scanning the early lines for this week and grabbbed one early...

Kansas -13 over Iowa State...This one will not be close even with ISU at home. They do not have the talent to hang with Kansas at all. Both team coming off a break and that favors KU more than ISU. KU does not have anything to look ahead at as they play Colorado next week. I think this line hit 14-16 by gametime. I will break it down more later too.

Comment

Good week woodee! I always seem to have one game that blows everything. Last week it was Penn St missing the cover by 1 and the week before it was North Carolina blowing a 17-3 3rd Q lead.
              Anyway, like the Kansas play. The Jayhawks have outscored Iowa St 86-17 the past 2 years.

Comment

The only "early thing" I see - is Mizzou to trounce Nebraska.........Shouldn't this game have opened up closer to 14 or 15 ??

;)

Comment

Originally posted by Boone Moone
                  The only "early thing" I see - is Mizzou to trounce Nebraska.........Shouldn't this game have opened up closer to 14 or 15 ??

Yeah, saw that one too. It surprised me that they were a TD+ favorite over Virginia Tech. Missouri will kill them.

Comment

In response to the Missouri game

I agree Moone at first glance that line looks
                    low, Illinois line was 10 on the road for Illinois

But upon further review from the floor

Nebraska can put up some points on the
                    board and Missouri defense is nothing to
                    write home about

Then you flip a coin and say the same
                    thing about Missouri Offense vs NB Defense

Its is home coming game for the Corn Huskers
                    and 85,000 are coming to watch the only team
                    Nebraska has to play

Over the years this place has been hell to play
                    for Missouri. That is why I suspect the line is
                    so low...

Carpet

Comment

I figured that there had to be more to it..........Thanks Carpet, I'll heed your words and perhaps wait a bit before I pounce..........It's early in the week yet, maybe something will look a little more appetizing by week's end.........I'll check it out..........Good Luck guys.
                      ;)

Comment

I agree its going to be a shoot-out ala Illinois/Mizzou. Wonder what the total will be??

PF/PA for both teams shows an average of 66 so I would expect it somewhere around there or shaded a bit higher for the public.

I don't like betting overs too much but this one may be in the high 70's by the time its done.

Comment

Working...
                        X