MNF Steelers -6 vs Ravens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MNF Steelers -6 vs Ravens

ok - here is my first posted play for this season...at least i think it is my first anyways......

i like the Steelers -6 here at home on MNF....this is a 4* play for me (5* being the highest)

yes - i do think Ben will be running for his life and Parker being out is a concern...nothing is perfect in betting...just think that Mendenhall will put forth a decent effort on national stage and i just feel like Steelers will be able to score more than Baltimore will....

Flacco is passing for just over 100yds/game and although they are 2-0, he has a 55 passer rating and has 0TD and 2INT in his two games....just expect the Ravens to do less offensively....should be a great defensive battle and i look for the Steelers to pull it out at home - also like them coming off the loss to Philly

Baltimore also 0-8 ATS last 8 on the road

dont see Balty being able to score more than 10 here.....so do i think Pitts can hang 17 on Balty???? - yes

now should Balty score on defence or special teams....well, i'm not going to handicap that - i leave that with the football gods...

go Steelers

4* Steelers -6

CF2

questions - comments??

Yeah, it's really hard to gauge Baltimore's defense at this point having faced only Cincinnati and Cleveland, and both being home games. We know their offense sucks. They held the ball for over 36 min against Cincinnati (a 13 min advantage) and still only scored 17 pts. They scored on a 42 yd run by a receiver and a 38 yard run by Flacco for crying out loud. And they had the ball for almost 38 minutes against Cleveland with great field position all day and scored just 21 offensive pts. Against Cleveland they had TD drives of just 43, 12 and 35 yards due to Brown TO's. Like you said, Flacco has 0 TD passes and 2 INT's and his longest pass play has only been 19 yds. And now they face a team that can play defense. The Steelers have only been giving up about 60 yds rushing per game. They have allowed just 2 TD passes and have 6 INT's already. The longest play they have allowed from scrimmage is only 24 yds, and they have only given up 4 plays total of 20 yds or more. Baltimore is in big trouble in this game. Probably similar to the Carolina/Atlanta result of 24-9. And if the Steelers can tack on a defensive or special teams TD maybe 31-9.

Comment

Well I'm not sure if the Steeler offense is that bad, or if the Raven defense is that good. The Steeler defense is definitely good, but I think they are in serious trouble offensively. With 8 of their remaining 12 games against Jacksonville, NY Giants, Washington, San Diego, New England, Dallas, Baltimore and Tennessee I think they will be lucky to finish 8-8.

Comment

the game pretty much went as I expected except I did not see the Ravens scoring 20pts

lackluster effort on the part of the Steelers...Ben was holding the ball too long and obviously the o-line is a mess

what really surprised me was when the Steelers took the 7 pt lead with just a few minutes left - shocked me that they let the Ravens walk right down the field and tie the game - that was telling...and with a rookie leading them no less

oh well - live and learn.....will tell you this though - haven't looked at the lines for next week yet but definitely will look at Tenn (vs Balt) and Jax (vs Steelers) this week...

be well.....

YTD
        0-1 (-4 units)

cf2

Comment

I was not impressed with Pitts offense at all. Ben gets it done but is shakey in my opinion. There will be good spots to go against them for sure, epsecially on the road.

Baltimore's D is tough but Pitts did not look good on offense either.

I think a great angle to play is going against teams that played well on MNF since most people watch that game more than any others. People are going to think Flacco is better than he is and also still jump on Pitts b/c of the win.

Like you said, Tenny and Jax are worth a look in the next games vs., the MNF teams.

Comment

Working...
          X