Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys -17.5 vs. Bengals

you gotta be kidding me here....

2 weeks ago the Bengals take the GMEN to OT on the road and now with Palmer supposedly playing, they are 17.5 pt dogs????

what gives here???

i expect Dallas to come back with a strong game here after a lackluster effort (and play calling) but 17.5 pts is lunacy.....

i dont normally bet against my boys but this will be one of those times....

cf2

Cowboy,

You gotta realize that the Dallas Cowboys are still "America's Team"........Their fan base stretches far beyond Dallas and the oddsmaker's know this..........Whether they are that good or not, their point spreads will always be inflated just like it was last week -- and just like the Yankees in baseball, or the Patriots last year.........they know that the public will always lean towards these guys, and that's the reason for the high number...........Myself, I have no opinion on this game because Palmer's status is still uncertain, and the Cowboys haven't been very consistent in their play yet..............don't need another "backdoor" cover like all of those college games last week with big spreads............Good Luck to you 'fan.
    ;)

Comment

Maybe its just me, but I do not think the Bangels are as bad as they seem but the public is down on them this year.

Great value with this many points in an NFL game against a public Cowboy team.

Its worth a shot in my opinion.

Comment

This might sound crazy,but I might take a look at the Cincy ML. Things do not appear to look very bright right now in big D.

Comment

Originally posted by jpehl
          This might sound crazy,but I might take a look at the Cincy ML. Things do not appear to look very bright right now in big D.
          ha ha ha ha....come on jpehl...it was one game in September...this is our year...i worry a little because the Bengals are hungry and 0-4

Dallas will be up for this one...they may not cover but they wont lose at home to the Bungles

book it!

cf2

Comment

I have the Cowboys favored by -11...but havn't followed the exact status of Carson Palmer, so i'm not going to pick this game.

Dallas Fan needs to be worried. 3 teams (Max) can make the playoffs out of the NFC East. The Eagles, Redskins and Giants are not going to lay flat and be walked all over. Someone is not making the dance.

T.O. complaining not enough touches as he let's another football slips through his hands in the end zone. The RB's barely getting any touches cost them the last game. T.O. is a cancer thats starting to come out of submission.

Cowboy fan...be afraid...be very afraid.

One more thing...mark this in the books. 7-9 wins the NFC West.
            9-7 in the NFC East could be sitting home.

Dinger out!!

Comment

No shit...........What ever happened to Marion Barber ?
              ;)

Comment

I read this little bit of info in a Jim Feist column, I believe, and added a little more info to it.
                If you throw out St Louis, who obviously had greater problems until now maybe, NFL dogs of 8.5 plus are 10-2 ATS this year so far, with 6 winning the game SU (Carolina @ S.D., Chicago @ Ind, San Francisco @ Sea, Miami @ N.E., KC vs Den, Washington @ Dallas), 2 more taking the favorite to OT (Cincinnati @ NYGiants and Houston @ Jax) and one more losing by a single point on a last second FG (Oakland @ Buffalo). The only 2 that covered were S.D. vs the NY Jets who covered as 9.5 home favorites in Week 3, and I think the other one might have been Tampa Bay vs Atlanta in Week 2.
                He wrote that after Week 3, so I added last week's games that fit the description and they went 2-0 ATS.
                I posted this in another NFL forum and was told it was insignificant because of the sample size. I disagree and say that certain teams aren't as good as people think and some teams aren't as bad as people think either. And it probably has to do with a certain degree of parity, like what's happening in baseball.
                I'm not going to go back and figure out what the ratio's were in previous years, but I will watch it closely this year.
                This week's games that fit this description are that Cincinnati +17.5 @ Dallas and Kansas City +9.5 @ Carolina.

Comment

Everyone knows where I truly stand. I will go down with the boys and will go up with them. I stuck through the Quincy Carter days and even went to see that clown play. Why I do not know? Since day one I have had TO's back hands down no questions asked. Also just to let everyone know I hate the media, so thats thrown out. Their is something fishy brewing in Big D. I have never seen Barber stopped like that... ever. Washington is not that good. You have to first question his health. Theres no doubt he runs like a wild man, and truthfully he might not be able to handle the load as a starter, Hurry up Felix. Romo has looked like crap.That was the worst game in his carreer. Where the hell was he throwing half the time? Sure disregard it as just being one game but it looked high schoolish to me. I will have no interest in this game but I am just stating the ML could be your best bet. There either going to cover large or get punched in the balls at home. JMO and I will still wear the jersey on Sunday regardless of what happens.
                  jpehl

Comment

well Barber has the bruised ribs from the Philly game but played like a monster at Green Bay....i think he's OK

Romo goes to the line every down with a running play and a passing play....he can audible out of the called play based on the defence....i think maybe Romo himself got a little carried away with the pass and got away from the run

although - you have to admit - when they went to the pass in no huddle at end of first half and end of the game - they moved at will...and first series of second half they moved the ball at will with just the pass

yeah - i'm concerned that Romo has been a little careless with the ball - much like his hero Favre and he has also thrown at least 1 INT in the last seven consecutive games....the INT in the Washington game came at the worst time and that was a little more Bledso-esque as opposed to Favre...

really - it was just a sloppy game and i am starting to blame Wade Phillips for that....but a win vs the Ben-gals will shut everyone up

its just one game - but when it happens in Dallas its like the sky is falling - and Dallas fans are partially to blame for that too....when you get people like Dinger claiming that they may not make the playoffs - that's when you know its getting ridiculous

it was one game - leave it at that....Dallas is the class of the NFC and they will have 2 shots at the Giants and another shot at both the Skins and Eagles

look - we got games against Cincy, Arizona and St Louis coming up...we'll be 6-1 when we play the Bucs at home and everyone will be up Dallas' @ss by then - annointing them as the Super Bowl favorites

its the media and this 24/7 coverage that is to blame - after every loss they are going to quote TO and predict the next implosion....get over it

Randy Moss will implode in New England before TO does in Dallas....just watch the game on Sundays and ignore the rest....20 years ago we used to talk about the games on the weekend and watch on Sunday....now it is 7 days a week and these guys (ESPN etc) have to grind away to make up a story to get eyeballs on the tube or website thru the week

its a new era in sports/media....

Comment

This TO thing makes me sick. It's as bad as the National Enquirer if you ask me. They wait around like vultures waiting for one little remark and then it's blown out of proportion and in the news 24 hrs a day. They can't be that hard up for sports new, for crying out loud. They've been vulturing him for 2 yrs and they finally got a scrap.....congratulations. And there are people who just eat it all up, just like the shit in the supermarket rags.

Comment

BTW, you think this 17.5 pts is assuming Palmer won't play? After the way the Bengals played the Giants 2 weeks ago you'd think 17.5 is a little extreme. I think Dallas has taken some flak about not running against Washington and they will pound it here a bit.

Comment

If Palmer plays I would not consider ML at all. Who is there back up?

Comment

you would think that 17.5 is taking into consideration that Palmer may not play....but he has stated that he is playing for sure

you know - looking at jpehl's comment...throwing half a unit on Cincy ML +1000 may not be totally crazy

at those odds the 0-4 Bengals could pass on Dallas' secondary with Palmer, Johnson and TJ....could be worth a shot - for fun...Bengals aren't going to go 0-16

put it this way - it would be less of an upset than the Gmen over the Pats last February

Comment

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Comment

Working...
                              X