Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boone

Boone or anyone with an opinion,
    Give me the scoop on the raiders, better yet, what the hell is that thing they call an owner. Poor guy needs to give it up. Give me your thoughts.
    jpehl

Well it's almost like a "he said/she said" thing.........Kiffin (who I thought was taking this team in the right direction) was definitely undermining the team in the media and such, and Davis (who I couldn't give a rat's ass about until I heard his side of the story last night), painted a whole different picture of how things actually went down, and as scandalous and shrewd as he is, his chronology of how things really went down actually make a lot more sense.

I don't know if you caught the entire 25-minute news conference on the NFL channel, but his version makes a lot more sense, whether he's lying or not............Now I know he's covering his ass for what figures to be a long term, knockdown-dragout court fight in regards to whether he has to pay Kiffin the remainder of his contract or not, but he brought up some pretty good points about the way Kiffin handled the team during it's last two losses, and of how bitter Kiffin was when he lost his chance on taking the Head Coaching job at the University of Arkansas some time back.

If you're asking for my opinion, I think Kiffin wanted to get fired a long time ago, right after Davis wouldn't allow him to fire Defensive Coach Rob Ryan and replace him with his father Monte Kiffin, the Defensive Coach in Tampa Bay.............His inexplicable reasoning for not using any of his last 2 timeouts during Buffalo's game-winning field goal drive two weeks ago was the "icing on the cake", and Davis reportedly allowed one of the assistant coaches to call 50% of the offensive plays this past weekend against the Chargers, and you saw the Raiders finally going back to the vertical game very early in the contest..........Davis said that the offensive lack of output (2 1st-half touchdowns during 4 pre-season and 2 regular games) was the reason there was added pressure on the defense to perform, and Coach Ryan was being made a scapegoat for Kiffin's poor play calling.

Anyway you look at it, the team is still in shambles and to say that it's not fair to the players and fans -- would be a classic understatement..........There is a lot of talent there, but Davis's unwillingness to let his coach be the coach, will continue to be a huge obstacle to overcome.............If it were up to the fans in Oakland, they would have hung Davis after he let Gruden get away...........Stay tuned, Lane Kiffin's press conference is scheduled for sometime later today.

;)

Comment

quite frankly - the NFL should step in and remove him from power...buy him out, revoke franchise, whatever

like what baseball did with Marge Schott

its really in everyone's best interests...well except for Davis himself

oakland has a rich history, phenomenal fan base....no fans deserve to suffer like that

cf2

Comment

I wish it was that easy CF2..........If my memory serves me correctly, Marge Schott was removed for some unethical actions on her part that bordered on racism and such.

Whereas Al Davis is just plain old eccentric living in his own little fantasy land that no one understands but him......more in the mode of that other Oakland owner -- Charles O. Finley of the Oakland A's some years ago.......became quite dillusional near the end himself.

Just like in real life, the more power and money these fuckers attain, the stranger and more bizarre they become.

;)

Comment

What's wrong with his face anyway? It looks like it's melting

Comment

Good insight, I was only able to see the cut part of the interview and the whole time I was thinking Davis was going to croak on TV. However, before the interview I did have suspicions that kiffen was trying to get the boot but had nothing to back it up. After Davis's interview, that I saw on ESPN, I wonder what mind state Davis was in. Boone thanks for the insight and look forward to your comments on the Kiffen interview.
            Jpehl

Comment

Working...
            X