No announcement yet.

MLB Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that definitely sucks. I had a straight bet on the Phils RL and also had the RL parlayed with the Titans and over on MNF. I figured they would count the game as no action, so I would get a refund on the straight bet and I would win the other one as a 2 team parlay. When I checked my account, they had counted both as losses so I read the rules. It basically said,

"Major League Baseball games are official after 5 innings of play, or 4½ innings if the home team is leading. If a game is subsequently called or suspended, the winner is determined by the score after the last full inning unless the home team ties the score or takes the lead in the bottom half of the inning in which the game was suspended. In that case the winner will be determined by the score at the time the game is called. (This rule holds for betting purposes even if the game is suspended and /or completed on a different day than it began)."

I read that and went "oh crap!"

But then it says in the next paragraph,
    "When wagering on total runs or run lines, the game must go the regulation 9 innings, or 8½ innings if the home team is leading, otherwise it will constitute a ‘no-action’ wager, and all money will be credited accordingly."

Anyway, I figured they just made a mistake, so I waited a while and when I checked again it had been corrected.

So I lucked out I guess. But what sucks for you guys that took the Phillies SU is that the game was tied. Baseball games don't end in ties! I think the rule sucks and should be counted as 'no action'. A suspended or postponed game should be 'no action', period. The only time it should be counted is if they call the game after 5 innings with a team ahead. But the rule is probably the same everywhere so that's just the way it is. Bottom line is, the weather screwed us. I think without the rain and delays the Phillies win that game both SU and RL and we are both richer.

Comment

And one other thing, I don't think the game should have been played, period. And they certainly shouldn't have waited so long. It should have been called as soon as it was officially a complete game, after the top of the 5th. The weather and field were no worse when they called it then it was from the 3rd inning on. If you can play 5 innings in that crap, why can't you play 9? They knew it would get that sloppy and they knew from the beginning that it would be awkward to have to end the World Series with a less than complete game. I think they were praying for the Rays to tie so they could save face.

Comment

I don't understand the ruling on the bets placed on this game yesterday. They should just carry over when the game picks up. That is what the stats do, if your playing something like fantasy baseball.

Comment

Working...
        X