NFL Refs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Refs?

Anyone think there having a lousy year making the right calls. Each week it seems they truly goof up a major call to decide a game. Or does this happen every year an I just have a bad memory.
    jpehl

It is a constant in all major sports. Refs/officials/umps can all influence pretty much any game at their whim and often do.

Who was that piece of shit doing the plate in game 3 in Boston/Anaheim series? That guy sucked so bad. And the turd that did the plate the day before in the Chisox series....constantly calling strike three as "strike-zone" cam showed time and again how far off the plate these pitches were. I get better umpiring on a regular basis in the Little League I coach in.

Can't recall the exact game, but this weekend there were a couple of blatant face mask penalties that went uncalled and even the announcers kept harping on "how could so many officials have missed that one?" Makes you wonder how many of these idiots are betting on the games themselves. Hard to imagine anyone can be that blind or that stupid so often by chance.

Comment

For once I totally agree with you Hart Attack..........I've been saying the same thing for over 30 years......These guys are professionals and this is all they do (OK, some of these fools have side jobs)..........but you would think they'd be a bit more consistent than they are.............I mean after all, the whole world is watching, along with anywhere from 18-30 cameras at each game, and some calls are so blatantly wrong, and they still get away with it.........Your talking millions of dollars at at stake here !!

What gets me more than anything though, is when they make a bad call, but don't admit it until the middle of the week sometime........The NFL office will confer with the media and say, "Yes that call was incorrect and the crew will be reprimanded on the matter", but what does that do for my wallet?..........One lousy spot of the ball can change the whole outcome of the game..........As can one called/uncalled strike and so on, a foul in a basketball game, etc, etc, etc.............Happens way too often for me.

;)

Comment

Working...
      X