Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW AP poll

1 Oklahoma (agreed wont last)

2 Alabama (Kentucky game em all they could handle)

# 24 Wisky, (Lost to Michigan and Osu)

# 25 in the AP Poll Ball State (got to be kidding me)

Illinois left out of the top 25, there is no ryhme
    of reason for that

Illinois flying under the radar, the book knows this
    as well as I do

Carpet

Oklahoma is right where they should be....Illinois might not see another top 25

Comment

Illini deserve to be in top 20. QB Williams is real deal and IMO best player in big-10. I had Illini on ML and in every parlay this week. Had I read Carpet's write-up I may have gone even stronger. Definitley felt wrong team was favored there. Michigan sucks and Wisky should be ashamed to have pissed away that game last week to a hideous pack of toothless woverines.

Comment

Oklahoma is the obvious choice for the top spot until beaten..........but Alabama #2 ?..............Give me a break........I know for a fact that Florida, Texas, Mizzou, USC and probably even Penn State would beat these guys if they played a game tomorrow.........They were all out to beat feeble Kentucky and looked horrible doing it..........I just don't think that they are as good as they looked the night they beat Georgia, because I don't think Georgia is that good either.........Aside from QB Stafford and the freshman WR Green, they are mediocre at best with a very suspect defense.
        ;)

Comment

and that guaranteed first round NFL tailback isnt too shabby either

Comment

Boone,
            Im not a big college football fan but I can say I love to watch the SEC. Im pretty sure their hands down the best conference, so whats your beef with the SEC. I figured someone as intelligent as yourself would not have a problem admitting this.
            jpehl

Comment

Not my favorite conference but I think the Big 12 is definitely the best this year. Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma St....I think any of them could beat any other SEC team this year.

Comment

You might be right but Ill tell you Texas does not stand a chance to beat OU. I live in Texas and get tired of everyone in their over rated UT gear. Its sick. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost 3 games this year.
                jpehl

Comment

J-Pal,

I don't have beef with them, I just think they are over-hyped and the sports media shoves them down our throat..........Every week they have to televise a boring SEC game on the West Coast and these games all look alike to me......They just take turns beating each other........Like Dragon points out, the Big 12 may not be as strong as the SEC, but at least they are more exciting to watch.........And we see no action on national TV from that conference.........It's either the Pac-10 (which sucks this year), or the SEC..........that's it.

Heck, there are 5 undefeated teams this far in the Big 12 and only 3 in the SEC, and one of them is Vanderbilt !!!...........So how long do you think that's gonna last ?.............Besides, I still think that Florida is the best team down there - even though they lost a game, I think they just got caught sleeping against Ole Miss and woke up too late........just like USC against Oregon State..........Georgia sucks, and they were lucky they didn't get beat by South Carolina on that goal-line fumble.......Alabama might get beat this weekend, and if they don't, it won't be long for them either...........As for LSU, they'll probably beat Alabama in November down in the "snake pit", but they haven't looked overwhelming themselves.

I don't "have beef" with the SEC, I'm just bored by the conference, that's all.

;)

Comment

I guess I can relate Im in Big 12 country and get so tired of everyone wanting to watch Texas roll over Sam Houston State. I think A&M is a cult and am just tired of the big 12. Like I said before Im not big on CFB I really just enjoy watching the SEC. Thats just my opinion. To me, I would say the SEC is equal to the NFC East. Just my thoughts though.
                    jpehl

Comment

Just a thought, maybe it's more about parity. Used to be the Vandy's and Kansas's were whipping posts for the bama's and oklahoma's. I mean bama used to beat vandy, ole miss, miss st. by alot. Oklahoma was almost assured to be Kansas, Iowa st. and others by an embarrassing score. I think the top recruits have learned, why should I go to a school and sit on the bench, when I can go to a Vandy/Kansas and start. An example would be Philip Rivers and Pat White. Both were recruited by bama but wouldn't have played qb, at least not as starters. But look what they did for N.C. st. and WV. I'm a bama fan and both of those got away. I agree I think the big 12 is the best conference this year. Though it wouldn't surprise me if there are many more upsets this year including that conference. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                      X