College Football Looks week of Oct. 16-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football Looks week of Oct. 16-18

Just browsing the early lines....Like I said before my early looks have been out performing my late plays so I am going to think about playing some more of my initial gut reactions this week.

One that I do like that is going to be a huge public play is Boise -25 over Hawaii on Friday night on the Smurf Turf. Revenge game for a way-better Boise team as Hawaii beat them last year. I think Boise names the score here the line will be 28+ by gametime. Play it early!

I noticed that USC is a 42 point road fav at Wazzou this saturday...This has to be one of the largest road favs in years for a conference game. Wazzou blows but 42 points to a USC team who does not seem to be that road friendly? May take a shot with the crappy Wazzou team--But I have also heard their coach is in lame-duck status and has lost a bunch of his players mentally.

Looking at the Nebraska-Iowa State game closely, along with Iowa hosting Wiscy.

Will be back if I form a strong side on either one.

I also heard a funny quote from a high school football player after his team got beat by 13 touchdowns this past Friday, 91-0 I think the score was?

He said, " I didn't even know that 91 was divisible by 7!"

I didn't either until I put it into a calculator, but that funny!

Comment

7 x 13 = 91....I'll be damned! You learn something new every day.

This week in CFB looks like dog city!
      Miss St +7.5 @ Tennessee (No way the Vols win this one by 8)
      Vanderbilt +14.5 @ Georgia (Tennessee last week and LSU and Florida on deck for Georgia)
      Missouri +6.5 @ Texas (Missouri was looking past Oklahoma St a bit for some unknown reason. Tough back to back games for Texas)
      Baylor +17 @ Oklahoma St (Baylor QB Griffin is very good. Sandwich game for the Pokes with Missouri last week and Texas on deck)
      Mich St +3.5 vs Ohio St (Penn St on deck for the Buckeyes. Maybe a slight little peek ahead. Mich St has only given up 30 pts total in 4 home games. Plus they have a +10 TO differential this year so far)

Comment

Heres what I have played so far this week--

Boise -25 over Hawaii

Northern Illinois -7 over Toledo...Great spot here fot NIU who plays some D. Plus Toledo is getting some public love after beating Michigan.

V Tech +3 over BC

Colorado -3 over K-State

Ill-Indy OVER 55

Comment

Adding:

Iowa/Wiscy UNDER 42...Ground battle here and I see a 17-10 type of game.

Good, crisp football weather here in Iowa!

Comment

Woodie12, you asked me about the Illinois
            Indiana Game O/U 55

I wouldnt touch this game with a 10 foot pole

Illinois coming off a home loss back on the
            field again this Saturday vs Indy

This team is Stinging from the loss Minny
            put on them. very reminsicent of 2 years ago
            after a big Michigan Win and Illinois stumble

In practice this team is depressed and
            the hang over could still be there this game

Indy says the QB is questionable and I
            dont believe that for a Second

Coach Zook says this Indiana Team will
            come in and play like the Indy Colts to get
            this team ready.

Illinois does very well in the Over on the
            road in the Big 10, not at home

This is a major readjustment game for Illinois
            as next week its a trip to Wisconsin

Carpet says lets see how Illinois responds
            this game before placing hard money on them.

55 is a boat load to lay, and so is 16.5

Illinois always plays up or down to the
            level of teams they are playing and I
            see a Defensive battle looming

Carpet

Comment

Really like the Colorado and Northern Illinois selections, woodee.

Where in Iowa are you from? I am in Sioux City.

Good luck on your picks this week.

GO HAWKS.

Comment

I still played the OVER in that game and think Indy may be the play as well but going to stayoff the side.

NIU has climbed to -9.5 now. Must be a DR.BOB play?

I am also takig a peak at Iowa State at +8, Syracuse +24 at South Florida, and Washington +16 vs. Oregon State. The only think I do not like is that all 3 are bad teams, But at least ISU and Washington are at home.

I still hthink Oregon State is over-valued even as bad as Washington has been thi year.

Kind of liking Uconn and Baylor a bit too.

Going to finalize my card more later and probably pass on a lot of the ones I mentioned unless someone see something that I am not.

I am in Eastern Iowa, Bettendorf/Davenport area. The Quad Cities.

I am an Iowa State alum too, but do still root for Iowa if they are not playing the Cyclones.

Comment

Dont ask me why Woodee but I am thinking
                  a Defensive game with Illinois this week.....

I really LOVE WISKY getting points coming
                  to Iowa.....

Good Luck smart player and friend

Carpet

Comment

I Usually am good during the week and then lay an egg on saturdays, but here goes,

Wisky/Iowa Under 42 agree with wooddee

G Tech -2at Clemson I can see clemson turning it arouund that fast to beat a better opp., Gtech gets their original QB back from injury and they played just 3rd and 4th stringers agasint Garner Webb.

Nebraska-7(B+1/2) @ Iowa State.

I know the cyclones play better at home, but I feel that the Corns are ready to crush an opp and this weakling will fit well. The corns just played 3 tough game sin a row losing all 3, ready for a W.

Played small
                    Miami at Duke+3, really weird line movement dropped from +5 1/2 to just +3 with a lot of wagers on the U.
                    good luck

Comment

Had a nice weekend last weekend, looking to keep it going

NU/Purdue Over 46- NU has been touted as having a good defense but the reality is that their defense is better but not elite. Purdue has been struggling for points but they should be able to run then pass against NU and vice versa for NU.

Rutgers- Been a down season for Rutgers but a win here will keep the fans happy. Look for a close affair with Rutgers taking care of business.

Vandy +14.5- This was a misfire last week as Vandy went down. The problem is that they stayed with their starting qb too long and he was not 100%. This week they went to the capable backup to start. Their defense should do a good job of containing Moreno and keep this within a TD or so.

Baylor +17- I was on Baylor last week due to circumstance and same thing this week. Last week they got a flat Iowa St team, this week they will get an overconfident OK St team. The Baylor team has decent talent and are getting their new coach's system down combine that with the classic look ahead situation for OK St and you have a nice cover.

Michigan St +3- Someone needs to save the BCS from having the buckeyes back in the title game. Spartans are up for that assignment.

Pitt/Navy over 51- Navy after a slow start has gotten things going. They are always tough to prepare for but with an extra week to prepare their offense will be sharp. Pitt is improved and will over the course of the game break big plays. It should come down to who has the ball last but the over will be decided well before then.

Penn St -24 On first look this looks like a lot of points. However, Penn St has not handled Michigan in the past and this year they will exploit the major differences in talent and hammer Michigan and get all of those losses behind them.

Other picks- South Carolina, Houston, Texas over and Kansas

Good Luck,
                      Swicat

Comment

I think I found a trap game or two
                        Air Force @ UNLV+3 1/2

65% on The Falcons while they have dropped as a favorite of 5 1/2 to 3 1/2

I'll let Vegas tell me who to take in this one.

GO REBELS!

another I cant pull the trigger on
                        63% on LSU but They have dropped as Fav from -3 to -2, South Carolina looks like the play.
                        good luck

Comment

This is CRAZY south carolina is down to +1, still see 63% wagers on LSU. VEGAS Still wants more on LSU. Go Gamecocks
                          good luck

Comment

I almost have stopped buying into the trap gam theory but AF and SC look good enoughto me.

I am passing on both but with a lean towards LSU and LSU.

See what happens. I am better picking out of a hat anymore!

Michigan Staate got smoked. That was the game I lilked the most!

Convebtional wisdom and smart capping is crap at the moment.

Comment

One more for the night...

Arizona +3 vs. Cal....Was holding back on this one, but really think AZ is the play.

Comment

Working...
                              X