MORE Bad NEWS for the 'Boys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dragon1952
    Bill Cowher is exactly what that team needs....besides getting Romo back of course.
    PLEASE don't go to the cowboys BILL.
    good luck

Comment

I think it goes beyond Romo and the head coach...........Romo's been playing alot like Jay Cutler lately........Shooting the lights out one week and then shooting themselves in the foot the next.........As for Wade Phillips, he's done this type of thing everywhere he's been........Come in and construct a high-powered offense in the beginning, and then when he gets figured out, he fizzles out...........As for the defense?..........Fuhgetaboutit, it's not part of his vocabulary and definitely not part of his playbook.........Never has been, check his record.

However, I think the real problem here is that they have too many "me" players in the locker room.......Worried more about media attention than struttin' their stuff on the playing field..........Too many big and ignorant egos..........No sense in naming names because they always point themselves out............It was all good when Parcells was in charge because he was just that -- in charge.........but this Pillsbury Doughboy Phillips?.......They just walk all over the poor guy.......He appears helpless on the sidelines at times.

Sure, I've taken alot of bashing over the last few years with my circus-act Raiders, but the Cowboys are taking over the ring..........At least our guys have shown that they aren't going quit, even with all of the adversity they've endured this season alone.........You saw them man-handle Favre last weekend to come back and win a game they almost blew............And my boys ain't that far away from becoming a competitve and respected team again............And that's a helluva lot more than I can say for the recent state of the Dallas Cowboys..............JMO, but I'll stand by it.
      ;)

Comment

I like to read Tony Moss. Here's one on the Cowboys.
        http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t.../scrimmage.htm

Comment

And my boys ain't that far away from becoming a competitve and respected team again............And that's a helluva lot more than I can say for the recent state of the Dallas Cowboys..............JMO, but I'll stand by it.
          Boone, need to point out a few things... First we have to figure out what your definition of competitive is. Competitive meaning a sub .500 team or competitive meaning playoffs, because if its the latter I wouldn't recommend you holding your breath.
          You saw them man-handle Favre last weekend to come back and win a game they almost blew
          Second, you cant be serious by the man handling Favre comment. Its the jets! Not anything to brag but then again we did lose to the Rams. I will say our season is far from over and strange things do happen, but I would bet the Cowboys stand a far better chance of turning things around before the raiders do. Please for my health stop comparing us to the raiders.

Comment

Great article Dragon

Comment

J-Pal,

I realize your sensitivity to any Cowboy Bashing, whether it comes from myself, Dinger or Tony Moss..........I'm not comparing my Raiders to your 'Boys by any means...........After all, it wasn't the Raiders that the masses were handing the Super Bowl Trophy to -- as recently as a couple of weeks ago..........I stated my thoughts about the Dallas squad during the first two weeks of the season............I specifically stated then that their horrific excuse for a defense would be their demise, and that was way before the rest of the wheels started to fall off of the "pony express".

I'm not talking playoffs for at least another year, all I said was that we were on our way to becoming a respectable team again, and that we were playing with a helluva lot more heart than your 'Boys are at the moment........and I don't see how you can find that insulting when you say yourself that you can't even watch their games at the moment.

Hey Pal, I've been taking this shit for years and I'm still here, accustomed to taking the good with the bad.......It's a little different when the shoe is on the other foot though.
              Man up son........and get use to it, because your 'Boys are in a sad state of affairs, you've admitted to this yourself, and you agree with the Tony Moss column......He was just a little more specific than I was, be was essentially saying the same thing.........and to think that this is only the beginning...........but I wouldn't linger on it too long because after all, it is just a game.
              ;)

Comment

ESPN is reporting that Romo will NOT play against the Buccs sunday and expects to MISS next weeks game too. Good Luck Johnson!
                good luck

Comment

That is weird. They made it sound like he could have been available last week, and now he's out for 2 weeks? So basically they are throwing in the towel.

Comment

Boone,
                    I have a solution and I will stand by it. At the end of the season IF the Cowboys do not make the playoffs then I will be more than happy to hear your criticisms and the I told you so. However you do fail to realize the season is not over yet and anything can happen. Its not unreasonable to see the Cowboys string together 3-4 wins and then everyone will be back on the bandwagon. At the moment the probability is low but still realistic. I have nothing to do with the masses and why you would bring that up to me makes no sense. I challenge you to find a post were I had guaranteed the Cowboys would win the Super Bowl. I can not be held responsible for the idiots in the media or the fans around me. The season is still young and your assuming the sky is falling in Big D, however you might be right but at the moment your prediction is no better than the masses who decided to crown us in week 2.
                    I would really question my character if these post really effected me. I can say my skin is a little thicker than that so in the future feel free to tell me whats on your mind but expect the same in return.
                    jpehl

Comment

Now ESPN says that Romo claims possible not until mid November will he be ready.

ALSO
                      Wade Philips is going to be doing the defensive play calls this sunday, Stewart had been doing it, Jerry Jones instructed Wade to start doing them.
                      good luck

Comment

Ah just stick a fork in 'em.............they're done !!!

Better show going on at the "Longhorn's" games.

At least basketball season is coming up soon.

;)

Comment

[QUOTE=garister]Now ESPN says that Romo claims possible not until mid November will he be ready.

this was always the case - return after the bye week to play washington...it takes 4 weeks for this kind of injury to heal...

if you're going to take chance and try and tough it out - you do it first week...if you re-injure, then you have only set yourself back a week...now its a case where if he was to re-injure this sunday - then you start the 4 week cycle all over again....what he did this week was the right thing - get the team focused on playing with BJ until the bye week

yeah the team will probably be 4-5 when he comes back but its better that than to play half-assed and end up being 4-5 anyways with a lingering injury for the rest of the season

after the bye they can come back with Romo, Newman and Felix and try and make a run at the playoffs

CF2

Comment

HTML Code:
                            Now ESPN says that Romo claims possible not until mid November will he be ready.
                            this was always the case - return after the bye week to play washington...it takes 4 weeks for this kind of injury to heal...

if you're going to take chance and try and tough it out - you do it first week...if you re-injure, then you have only set yourself back a week...now its a case where if he was to re-injure this sunday - then you start the 4 week cycle all over again....what he did this week was the right thing - get the team focused on playing with BJ until the bye week

yeah the team will probably be 4-5 when he comes back but its better that than to play half-assed and end up being 4-5 anyways with a lingering injury for the rest of the season

after the bye they can come back with Romo, Newman and Felix and try and make a run at the playoffs

CF2

Comment

Bunch of Hooey! Cowgirls blow! Can't stop anyone and their latest mega-millionaire superstar can't record one reception. Jerry Jones need to clip those elf ears the little dweeb. I hear Lawrence Phillips is now available too.

I'm with the other dude. HATE the skankees and the cowgirls. It's absolutely wonderful that they both suck.

Comment

Sounds to me someone has an issue with growing up.. that was just totally uncalled for. Just think... one day you will enter puberty and you will realize your stupid little comments like that just will not matter...

Comment

Working...
                                X