BAD ADVICE FROM SPORTS MONITOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAD ADVICE FROM SPORTS MONITOR

I've never been one to bash picks but this one pissed me off.........This is at least the 2nd time these "experts" have released a Big Ten team as a 4* play or better, both failing miserably.......The last one I can remember was when they "released" Ohio State to cover against USC when I was all over the Trojans to trounce them as they did........Sure I know that I'm supposed to follow my own judgement and I never blame anyone for my own gambling lossses, but I sure wish these guys would lose my e-mail address, or at least try to come within 21-points or so of covering a spread for a change with there Super-Duper plays of the week........For anyone that didn't fall prey to this write-up, here again is their expert opinion/advice............Man they suck !!!.............You are far better off going with the veteran players on the contests here, as most of the top players are pretty damn good.........Stay away from the touts, they probably work for the bookmakers.................Never again.

5* Michigan State +3.5 over Ohio State - This week #12 Ohio State visits #20 Michigan State in what amounts to the biggest game for Michigan State in quite some time. Michigan State hasn't beaten Ohio State since 1999 but if it's going to happen, this looks to be the time and place. Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio was Jim Tressels defensive coordinator and earned a championship ring at Ohio State. These guys are familiar with each other. Both teams have a loss but it was Ohio States performance against USC which stands out. Michigan State lost a close shootout with Cal to kick off the year. It's been all up hill since. Yards per point numbers for Michigan State an excellent 12 on offense and superb 21.6 defensively. Ohio State not too shabby either with a 13 on offense and a 19 on defense. Both teams good in turnover margin with Michigan State at +10 and Ohio State +7. But Ohio State having some troubles on the offensive side of the ball. They failed to score an offensive touchdown against the worst defense in the Big 10. They rank 94th in the nation in total offense and 10th in the Big 10. Their inability to move the ball could spell trouble against a Michigan State team that has no trouble finding the end zone. Michigan State Running Back Javon Ringer is one of the best in the nation. Likely the best Ohio State has faced this. Ohio State's conservative game plans, their unwillingness to throw the ball, the coaching familiarities, the higher ranking of Ohio State, the game being one of the biggest home games for Michigan State in years, it all adds up. We like to say that when a team like Michigan State sees the door open a crack, against a team that has historically dominated them like Ohio State, they have to kick the door in, because that opportunity may not present itself for years to come. So, in a sense, it's now or never. The talent is there, it's one of the best Michigan State teams in years. We likely won't need the field goal in this one but we'll take it. Michigan State +3.5 (the play is still good at +3, we played it +3.5 and would certainly prefer the hook).

THESE GUYS ARE HORRIBLE..............MAKE MONEY BY PLAYING THE OPPOSITE............GOOD LUCK !!!!

;)

Sounds like one of my write-ups

Comment

You're right on Boone! I saw that one too.

Comment

gee......thanks for the fan mail guys........those are actually my plays. Been dishing them out here on bw for the last 13 years to the tune of 57% over several hundred plays......hmmmm....doesn't seem fair to pick one play out of hundreds to bash.....what about all the winners?

Me thinks Boone decided to tag along today and is not a happy camper.....I checked my emails before the game started though....I didn't see any suggesting it was a bad play......easy to pickem after the games over though eh?

Comment

Thats exactly what I was going to say as BW said it!

Keys are Keys and thos e do not come from some service....I like Boone and respect your insight but expect more from you.

Michigan State WAS the god dman, play there, no doubt! How can you think otherwise except after the fraekin' fact!

The onyl reason you are bashing it is b/c it was from the FSM service but it was not some scummy service play, but BW will NOT endorse some scummy service either.

5* or 100*, YOU SHOULD KNOW BY KNOW THAT YOU PLAY YOUR PLATS ANYWAY

I am as pissed as anyone but I would have played MSU 100 times over in that game! As I DID TOO!

Frustration happens, I understand, But please look again before you judge a proven capper!

EVERYTHING POINTED TO MSU WINING THAT FREAKING GAME! IF WE WERE FORTUNE TELLERS, WE'D ALL BE RICH!

Agian, I am on my last nerve as I missed out on some nice winners, but please do not bash the hand that fed you here...We all lose and we have to know the diff between good losses and bad losses or you are the book's prey like all the squares. Booone, I know you are better than that!

Comment

Sorry but I had a bad day that I thoght was going to be great too!! SEE DUKE for chriminey's sake--how many people had them!!!!

let's put the effort toward beating those dick stick who run the book instaed of bashing our own!!

There are great immature forums all around this cyber community where fuck-Stick come and spout out there plays--I do not think this is one of them.

And to handle the objections of how BW is selligng picks now, I am sure they do not let some Jeff Allen or Stu Finer in here to Scam you.

Nothing worse than bashing a loser. If you had the god DAMN MJ FOX time machine, I bet that A home dog like the Spartans still looks like the play.

Maybe playing WAZZU like I was thinking is a strethc, but then again, I suck, but a solid play taht MAY win over 60% of the time in that situation is a GOOD PLAY!

Hope I have made my point. Sometimes a loss is a loss is a loss, but a good loss is not as bad as an uneducated loss.

I am not immune to your take but please let me know what it is to bash as you did.

If cappers and bettors were perfect, we would all be rich! 5* are what BW never puts out and when they do , all hell breaks looses when it goes down.

I guarantee you that 5* are not put out for marketing purposes here. 5* are plays that have the most probability to win, and it just som comes out that Michigan State was a bunch of vaginas today.

Comment

Sorry if I came out a little strong there Jeff...........I had no idea these were your views, I just figured it was some service that sponsored the Forum..........I always have and always will continue to respect your opinions and insight above most of the others, but you're right..........I ignored this game at the first look because neither team is very consistent of late, and it's just a game I would have never got involved with had I not read the write up..........What has me scratching my head is how Woodee is saying that this was THE play on the game.........Why? ...........Just because they were at home?.........Can't figure that out- - but again, I was of the understanding that this came from a sports tout and that is where my anger was directed..........Not the end of the world, and I've been wrong once or twice myself ...........Good Luck.
              ;)

Comment

Michigan State flat out laid an EGG

Or is it OSU is coming together as a team ?

Either way, it was what it is, nothing more than
                a game

Providing insight with the Forum takes alot
                of time and effort, and I appreciate any and
                all insights provided by our members here
                and the owner.

I for one am laying it out there next week
                for our friends here at BW to see my take
                on Illinois vs Wisconsin...

Keep the info coming guys

CARPET

Comment

Gently remove foot out of mouth.

Comment

Doesn't help anything but Phils Steele's Oct 5* was Ohio St.

Comment

Most every season, I find myself saying..."you've got to listen to yourself first" over any service or anyone else's advice. It's hard to do sometimes but, it is the only way you can really learn what really went right or wrong and then adjust. And that's the real key to winning! That being said, it can be very helpful to extract as much information from as many sources as possible. I thought Wisconsin was a good play yesterday and was warned off by the extra sources so I appreciate that and all the great information from Jeff and all you guys. Let's all have a great Sunday.

Comment

There are hundreds of predictions from various sources. It’s your choice whether or not you follow their advice and bet the money. BW makes as good a case as anybody. I for one enjoy their write ups as well as the free newsletters that are provided to participating members. Best of all the advice is free. Go BW; keep up the good work!

P.S. Unfortunately Mich St+3 ½ was one of my picks yesterday.

Comment

Mich St +3 was also one I was going to write-up. Instead I went with Wisconsin which turned out equally as bad. But those were definitely the picks IMO. And yes....they both do sound lame after the fact.

Comment

Boone -

Not a problem. I realize you (and most) didn't realize those were 100% me.....

A friend of mine likes to say, "some days your the bird, and some days your the windsheild".

Yesterday, I was the windshield for sure.

There's nothing worse in sports handicapping than to not just be wrong, but to be way off the map.

The losses on North Carolina and Kentucky I can deal with. The Vandy win was nice. But Iowa State and........Mich State.....ouch.

Oh well. Back to the grind. Now all eyes will be watching next week

Good luck today guys!

Comment

Speaking of "way off the map"........I'm still soaking my ass in ice over that Opening Monday Night write-up I had about my Raiders.........Talk about taking it deep !!!..........It happens to us all -- and like Dragon always says, why does it seem that the teams you like the most always seem to go down, and the games you're "iffy" on -- win easy?.............So it goes, but I'm just glad I didn't know that this was YOUR pick or I probably would have doubled my bet !!!.......LOL.

Let's try to get some back today with:

CAROLINA
                              BUFFALO
                              NY. GIANTS
                              OAKLAND

Good Luck to all.
                              ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X