No announcement yet.

SD/PITT ENDING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These sorry motherfuckers should NOT be paid for this week. Why are they in this position IF they don't know the fucking rules? And after going up to the replay booth and huddling some more? WTF? They STILL can't get it right?

I am in a rather large $$ fantasy league and am down 7.8 points with Winslow left. That play was worth 8 points in our scoring & that would already have me with the win. If I lose because of this I will make it my business to research who fucked this up and go out of my way to fuck with them in some way.

The total incompetence really pisses me off. I didnt see the game in person, just tracked alot of it online, but it sure sounds like the refs were doing everything possible to rig a SD cover. There is NOTHING worse than a thief.

Comment

I saw this posted at another site and thought it made a lot of sense:

1. 13-1 penalties against Pitt. Pitt was the home team.
      2. Phantom PI gave SD first and goal on their first TD>
      3. There was no penalty flag on the play in question at the end of the game.
      4. They reviewed the play even though there was really no reason to. Both teams were ready to get off the field.
      5. The referee reviewed the play and said their was an illegal forward pass despite replays showing no CLEAR conclusive evidence. If the replay does not show clear evidence, which it did clearly not, why call the play dead?
      6. NFL rules state even with the supposed forward pass as long as the ball does not hit the ground the play is still alive. So the play is not dead at the spot of foul. Again NFL rules.
      7. The ref was in the booth for at least 5-7 minutes. It was much longer than a normal replay review. If the play had no effect on outcome of the game then why would someone be in the booth that long? Since it took that long why didn't someone up in the booth help advise him of the rule?
      8. The ref admitted after the game that he got the ruling wrong.
      9. The NFL says it has no effect on the outcome of the game yet total points is 7th in tiebreakers for playoff spot. So apparently its does have an affect on the game.

Comment

view the fraud on the NFL's own website:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c8a508

Nothing they say has any basis in reality. This is blatant criminal thievery sponsored by the NFL. this is a stolen bagged game from start to end.

Comment

It was pretty obvious on the film that it was not a backwards lateral. Tomlinson was moving forward and by the time he let go of the ball he was past the guy, who was standing stationary BTW. What on earth they could have seen that would make them reverse it is beyond me. That is really, really fishy. To reverse a call in the first place, there has to be indisputable evidence. And how could there possibly be any confusion between the officials over which lateral was in question? The second one was tossed 10 yds backwards!

Comment

Saw it for the first time on mike and mike this morning. I agree with all, horrible call. Good to see me and dragon agree on something, except for his comment on the sec. But that discussion is on another thread. The refs really stunk this one up.

Comment

That was nuts and I cannot imagine having thinking you won with Pitt, or lost with SD at that moment, and then it switches as it goes off the air sneakily.

I had SD in a tease +12.5 so it didn't matter to me but Pitt backers must be really pissed as they were winners for about 2 minutes, and then losers in that same timeframe.

I am really suprised I did not have the steelers!

The refs suck this year more than I can ever remember-They need a review and house cleaning after the year is done. Bunch of crooks who probably hang with the NBA refs in vegas!

Comment

Good point Monroe. Even if they ruled that the LT lateral was forward, it did not hit the ground and therefore by rule, the play should have continued. THAT was their biggest mistake. Blowing that rule interpretation even if they said LT's lateral was forward. They blew it twice.

Fixed or incompetence?

There was enough there in that game to at least warrant an NFL investigation. But it will probably be a secret one.

Comment

Just for record I think it should have been a touchdown for pittsburgh. Maybe i didn't make that clear. I totally agree with widestrides and thought dragon was on same page.

Comment

Now they are saying that the play should have continued because even if LT's lateral was forward, it didn't hit the ground and even an illegal forward lateral that doesn't hit the ground can be advanced by the opposing team.

They REALLY blew it and should have looked at the replay again when they got confused in their final huddle about which pass was the illegal one.

I wonder if this had affected the outcome of the game, would the NFL change the score. Since it was the last play of the game, this might be one time when they could do such a thing. But I doubt they will do it for me and my contest entries or all the fantasy football players.

Maybe they will give the Steelers 6 points towards their total points just in case that tiebreaker comes into play. That would be fair. And the Steelers organization should give Troy P. credit for a TD if he has such a bonus clause in his contract.

Comment

Bookies make out like bandits

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=st&type=lgns

I wonder if that crew will get a nice fat Christmas bonus from the bookies who are now $64,000,000 richer

Comment

All of this just exemplifies the skepticism that I've been voicing on this Forum for about 5 years now...........Any professional sport that involves gambling -- will never be on the up-and-up...........Simple reasons: too many humans and to much money involved = GREED.

Sure, I had the Chargers +4 to close out a 4-teamer, but all of the money in the world won't restore the integrity or remove the black spots all over the world of sports gambling in general...............In the old days, it seemed that only horse races and boxing were the sports you had to worry about, not anymore..............There were no forward laterals and no explanations, just an outcome desired by the bookmakers, no matter how you look at it.

After the chaos that ensued when the 11-10 "final" was posted in Las Vegas, one sports book director (he's a friend of mine, so I'll leave him anonymous), said that the majority of the $10,000,000 legally bet on the game in the state of Nevada was on the Steelers, and the majority of that was in parlay bets...........Wow, really?

;)

Comment

Suprisingly, there were no riots @ Bally's

We were watching the games at Bally's yesterday. I played the under when I saw how the weather was during a break away to the pregame. In 5 minutes, the total went from 42 to 41 and ended at 40.5.

My friend decided since the weather was bad the he would take the points with SD and the Under for $200 paying out $720 (proift $520). Bally's was at 75% Pittsburgh. That emotional roller coaster of the last minute of the game was insane!

The people that bet Pittsburgh ran to the window to cash, they were utterly confused to find out they lost. If you were ever at Bally's the big screens are 20 feet in front of the window, so most everyone did not see the officials announcement. Mass confusion yes, riot absolutely not.

Now, my friend has decided since he has 'free money' that is going contrarion to the paid plays and has wagered CLE/OVER for $500. It should be an exciting night of action since I also have CLE in a parlay card and the Over in a single wager.

Comment

Originally posted by Boone Moone
                            After the chaos that ensued when the 11-10 "final" was posted in Las Vegas, one sports book director (he's a friend of mine, so I'll leave him anonymous), said that the majority of the $10,000,000 legally bet on the game in the state of Nevada was on the Steelers, and the majority of that was in parlay bets...........Wow, really?

I agree Boone. I waited for the confusion to subside before I cashed. To my surprise, there was no yell or screaming, just confusion as Steeler backers tried to cash and it was posted 11-10.

I then went to the tell asked how did you guys do, and he stated that they were on the right side.

So that ending trumping my Philly suicide pick because dumbass McNabb does not know the rules. You freaking moron!

Comment

Good Luck Taxman (that's what I do, by the way).........I ended up going the same route CLE/OVER..........Kinda strange that you were hangin' at Bally's because that was my home away from home for about the past 15 years or so, but I left there after alot of the staff went in different directions (after the corporate takeover)...........Watched the last 20 or so Kentucky Derbies there, and about 12 out of the last 15 Super Bowls there as well......Just recently took my play over to Harrah's.........nicer staff and hipper, younger crowd there.........Maybe we'll cross paths in LV sometime after tax season ends !!!...........Good Luck.
                              ;)

Comment

If all that money was coming in on Pitt, why didn't the line move up to -6? Instead it went down to -4.5, encouraging (trapping?) even more money on Pitt. Very strange.

Comment

Working...
                                X