No announcement yet.

SMALL WRITE-UPS........BIG WINNERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You crack me up mang !!! ..........but you're absolutely right about Big Ben.........He's become an "iffy" QB at best, but I still think this will be one of the highlight games next week because they're playing in Pittsburgh where the defense comes alive.............It'll be interesting this Sunday to see if they can contain this kid Cassel up in Boston..........but either way, the matchup between the Steelers and your 'Boys oughta be a goodie............mang.

Good Luck Cowboy.
    ;)

Comment

i am on the Pats this weekend....i almost wish the Steelers would win so they wont be playing Dallas coming off a road loss but i dont see it...

5* play Pats -1 (-110)

CF2

Comment

THURDSDAY 2-2

FRIDAY 2-0

OVERALL 18-18

Black Friday put us back into the black, and even though we got the two wins in the most improbable fashion, a win is a win..........We'll take 'em any way we can get 'em on a busy weekend like this.............We may be posting a little too much, but it's that kind of a week..........Good games all across............Be back tonight or tomorrow with Sunday's Best, but here are a few College games to keep us busy.........Good Luck and don't forget to pay the rent first !!!..........I'll keep the write-ups to a minimum and bet the max on these:

CINCINNATI BEARCATS -21.5 VS. SYRACUSE ORANGEMEN........Cincy is going for it's 10th victory of the season here at home and should score early and often in this one.........The Bearcats have won 3 out of 4 games this year against Top 25 opponents, losing only to Oklahoma on the road.......Syracuse comes off an unlikely win to the overated and underachieving Fighting Irish of Notre Dame, but we get the feeling they may have shot their wad in that one and come into this one with a celebration hangover..........Call it what you will, but we'll call it a one-sided victory for the hometown team........Cincy big here.

FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES +16.5 VS. FLORIDA GATORS.........Now I know that the Gators are the far superior team here and they should manhandle this year's version of Bobby Bowden's charge, but there is a matter of pride here, and the fact that Florida has won the last 4 contests between the two, might have the 'Noles showing up with a huge effort here.........They are quite a bit healthier as a team than they were for the last two meetings, and if they can hang in there early and execute ball control with the short passes and the running game, then they might be able to have a shot at ruining the Gators' bid for the National Title Game........Stranger things have happened............Let's take the number here and hope for a goodie.

WAKE FOREST DEMON DEACONS -4 VS. VANDERBILT COMMODORES.........After rattling off 5 straight wins to start the season, Vandy took a look in the mirror and recognized themselves as the team that they are and proceeded to lose the next 4 straight........When they lost last week at home to one of the weaker Tennessee teams in recent memory, it pretty much sealed their fate.........To hit the road and expect them to be competitive with a pretty decent Wake Forest team who has played respectably throughout the year, with wins over Florida State and Clemson, would be asking a pretty tall order.........Vandy may be a little bigger in size, but we think execution will rule the day and we'll take Wake in their home finale to cover the small number.

GOOD LUCK TODAY AND WE'LL SEE YOU TOMORROW !!
        ;)

Comment

Just to chime in, Pitt is not that great nor is Baltimore. Im more worried about Baltimore than I am Pitt. Im thinking we come out of this four game series 3-1. Philly might look weak but the eagles always throw something together at the end. Plus you have to think that Mcnabb will be shopping for a new job. Ben is not that good and personally pitt is not that impressive. 2 of there losses have been against NFC east teams. Plenty of time to game plan I dont see Pitt as a major threat. As for the giants game I have no clue.

Comment

I'll agree with you that Pittsburgh and Baltimore are not that great, but then again neither is Dallas...........Sure, they're building some momentum for a playoff run and all, but victories over S.F and Seattle are a little different than what a physical defense such as Pittsburgh will have in store for them..........I'll also agree that Ben Roethlisberger has been "picked" more times this year than a dry scab, but in case you hadn't noticed, the game is being played in Pittsburgh..........and that's equivalent to about a touchdown difference between these two teams.

The old cliche about "defense is the difference" and "offense wins ball games but defense wins championships" should hold pretty true in this one, as I'm sure you noticed how the 'Boys had their problems when they faced the tough Tampa Bay defense, and that was at home...........Just a few things to ponder in Pittsburgh.

As far as "not having a clue" about the Giants game........I can clue you on that as well............The Cowboys will get tossed around like a plastic blow-up doll.........They are not in the G-Men's league just yet, and would have to improve significantly over the next couple of weeks to be so...........I think the Giants actually took it easy on them when they mauled 'em up in Joysey, and unless the G-Men "accidentally shoot themselves in the foot", like some of them have been prone to do lately .......Then the 'Boys will get thrashed again..........Good Luck.
            ;)

Comment

SATURDAY 1-2

OVERALL 19-20

I'll take full blame for the Florida State bomb yesterday because I got caught trying to bet with the hopes of seeing a good game instead of betting with my wallet...........Did the same thing Thursday in the DAL/SEA game........Call me hard-headed..........but anyone that saw the CIN/SYR game knows we got jobbed on that one..........Got "backdoored" so bad on that one that I've still got the ass abrations to prove it..........The Syracuse offense was something like 3-for-22 for 19 yards passing going into their only TD drive midway through the 4th quarter after it looked like we were on our way to an easy cover.........This f cker starts passing like Johnny Unitas all of a sudden, while the Cincinnati defense sat back and watched, and just like that, we were cornholed.............My toughest beat in over a month..........That being said, we'll try to make it a decent weekend by getting back to our bread-and-butter, which is the NFL........Good Luck:

SAN FRANCISCO 49ER'S/BUFFALO BILLS UNDER 42 .........Actually got this at 43 on Friday but we'll still bite at 42.........Another one of my angle plays here noting that the majority of the money play here is on the OVER, but the line still going lower.........This looked a little goofy form the onset, knowing that the Bills scored 51 points last week alone, and the SF/DAL game last week had a combined total of 57........I won't fall for that one..........I'm on the UNDER 42 heavy in this spot.

WASHINGTON REDSKINS +4 VS. NEW YORK GIANTS.........As good as the Giants have looked in recent weeks, I just can't give the Redskins 4-points at home.........This is the biggest game of the year for the 'Skins thus far, and they just may be a little hungrier than the G-Men for a victory today.........Think the 'Skins may have been looking forward to this game all along when they were squeaking by Seattle last weekend........The Plaxico Burress hoopla ain't gonna help the Giants focus any better on this one either.........the media hounds will see to that.........Talk about intangibles........This will be a very good game to watch.

CLEVELAND BROWNS +5 VS. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS.........This one is simple........The Colts aren't the Colts we've become familiar with over the past few seasons, and they do not intimidate teams the way they once did either.........They were lucky to escape 4-7 San Diego last weekend with a win........Manning still prone to hurried passes and bad decisions on occasion will be the difference here.........On the other hand, there is absolutely no pressure on Derek Anderson now (like there was during the early part of the season) with the injury to Brady Quinn........He's a pretty good passer in his own right when he's out there having fun like he will be today........Winslow will be a big factor in game ........Take the 5-points and head to the cashier's window.

CHICAGO BEARS +3.5 VS. MINNESOTA VIKINGS.........I've got Adrian Peterson in two fantasy leagues so I hope he does well but the Minnesota defense can't stop the run and the Bears have a fella by the name of Matt Forte who is no slouch himself........This game is always a goodie and this should be no exception......Could be a field-goal game either way so we'll take the 3.5 points and hope for a last second win..........Good Luck today !!!
              ;)

Comment

Packer -3
                NYG -4.5
                wash Under 41

Comment

boone,
                  Great point you made about the TB game, but do you remember who the QB was? Brad Johnson, so I would have to say that that win/game was irrelevant. Its easy to jump to conclusions on who will win the Dallas/New York match up but you have to think were in the NFC East and its a ways off. Will reevaluate the game when it comes around. I get the feeling unless Dallas wins the super bowl you refuse to admit they have turned the corner, but thats okay. Just to add to your picks I think Washington peaked to early and I expect the Giants to win by at least 7. However, considering the circus has walked into the Giants locker room it will be intersting to see how they play today. I think its time for the Giants to cut ties with Burress.
                  Good Luck,
                  Jpehl

Comment

Was away most of the weekend but wanted to say thanks for the ASU winner. I overlooked that one and you nailed it and I was along for the ride. Great call.

The Minny/Chicago game was unbelieveable. Chicago is back to the no-offense BS, where they cannot even figure out how to call a damn play worht a crap. The goal-line stand by Minny turned that game around...I had them in the last leg of a 10 point tease at +14! Back to the goalline playcalling, 1st down a fade into the corner by orton who has the touch of a bricklayer. Then 3 straight runs into one of the strongest D-lines in the league with that crazy SOB Allen and the willams guys that Madden hyped all night. But seriously, maybe one run, and at least a play-action fake to Forte could have been a better option if they knew they were in 4-down territory?WTF? that set the tone and then the 99 yard pass right after that. I think the team was echoing the stupidity of Lovie and his offensive brain-fart.

the Bears do not have the offense to come back either and I hope they suck the rest ofthe year and miss the playoffs. Their D is good but overrated with the weak secondary. Gus freaking Ferrote looked like Joe freaking Montana against them!

Comment

OVERALL RECORD 21-22

Took a couple of weeks off.........Last week was just too tough to go hogwild.......The week before was very nice, but I've been a little busy.........Let's get back to business:

NFL -- SATURDAY AND SUNDAY:

BALTIMORE RAVENS/DALLAS COWBOYS OVER 39.5 ......This is more of an angle play for me than anything else.........I've gotten lucky with this type of play all season long and this looks like another good spot to plunge......Most of the action is going on the UNDER, but the line won't budge........are we surprised? NO.........Ravens will keep D.Ware off of Flacco all day with a dominating running game........Romo back in form should generate plenty of offense to push this thing OVER 39.5 .

NEW YORK GIANTS -3 VS. CAROLINA PANTHERS........This one's easy........The Giants are a totally different football team when Brandon Jacobs is in the line-up........He'll play in this one and that will be enough......The Panthers do not play nearly as well on the road as they do at home, and if it weren't for the G-Men looking so shaky over the past 2 weeks, this spread would be closer to a touchdown.........Delhomme will be scrambling today, you can count on that........Giants pull it out.

DETROIT LIONS +7 VS. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS.........Laugh if you will, but if the Lions are ever going to win a game, it'll be right here........The young QB Dan Orlovsky has actually played pretty well lately........The Saints have been quite an enigma throughout the season, and now no Reggie Bush to boot.........They have no defense and unless Saints RB Pierre Thomas makes like Barry Saunders in this one, I'm pretty sure the Lions can not only keep it close, but possibly win it outright..........Take the touchdown and run with it.

TENNESSEE TITANS +2 VS. PITTSBURGH STEELERS........When it's time to make a statement, Jeff Fisher comes across loud and clear.......It's put up or shut up time in Nashville.......Criticized all year for having a weak schedule and being over-rated, it's here that the Titans will get their chance to show what they've got........A good dosage of Chris Johnson and LenDale White should be enough to overpower the road-weary Steelers in a game that will be decided by turnovers.........Getting 2-points at home is just too good to pass up.........Go Titans.

Good Luck.
                      ;)

Comment

you have a side for the ravens/cowboys boone???

cf2

Comment

Baltimore has feasted on weak teams. To give you an example, they are just 1-5 against top 10 teams this year and just 2-5 against top 16 teams. Dallas is 3-2 against top 10 teams and 4-3 against top 16 teams. The NFC East is 15-2 SU against non-divisional teams this year as home favorites, and when the spread is within the current range they are 6-1 both SU and ATS. Don't ask me why, but in the past 2 years, teams that faced the Steelers the week before are 6-20 ATS, and just 2-10 ATS if they are an underdog. The Cowboys are playing well and this is possibly the last game at Dallas stadium. I think they come out especially fired up, as if they didn't need enough incentive already. I think I'm going to roll with the Cowboys. What the hell.

Comment

WEEKEND RECORD 3-1
                            OVERALL TOTAL 24-23

Finally made it over the .500 mark for the first time in awhile with some nice hits in some key weekend games........I love this weekend's games and a few bowl games too, but I'll start a new thread later as this one is getting a bit long........I'm going to post the NFL along with some Bowl Games early because I'll be busy later in the week..........Good Luck and stay tuned !!
                            ;)

Comment

Working...
                            X