No announcement yet.

Okl/Okl. st. any clues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still think USC is better no matter who they have played. The talent level is just there year after year and Carroll knows how to manage that talent.

i have no west-coast bias either b/c I am in Big 10/12 country. But the speed and the D that they play is better than any team besides Florida.

They slept one game, but Oregon State is not a bad team, but they picked the wrong game to sleep themselves this past weekend vs. oregon.

Sometimes it happens, but I would take USC over anyone and the game of the year would be them vs. Florida.

Comment

BOONE,
      YOUR READING COMPREHENSION SKILLS NEED WORK. I HAVE ALREADY STATED WHAT YOU SAY I SHOULD HAVE INPUTED.

AND AGAIN, I REITERATE, USC HAS NO BUSINESS MAKING ANY CLAIM TO BE IN THE TITLE GAME SINCE THEY PLAY AN ANNUAL CREAM PUFF SCHEDULE AND DO NOT PLAY A CONFERENCE TITLE GAME.

NO TEAM SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO MOVE UP IN THE RANKINGS AS THEY SIT IDLE WHILE REAL TEAMS FROM REAL CONFERENCES PLAY CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES.

WHY SHOULD USC OR PENN ST OR EVEN TEXAS BE IN IT IF FLORIDA WERE TO WIN A TIGHT ONE OVER BAMA? THAT WOULD BE BAMA'S ONLY LOSS TO THE BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY..SHOULDNT THERE BE A REMATCH? BAMA WOULD HAVE ONE LOSS AND HAVE PLAYED A CONFERENCE SCHEDULE IN THE SECOND BEST CONFERENCE (BIG-12 #1 THIS YEAR). NOT HEARING ONE WORD ABOUT THAT........?????

Comment

Certainly you are not saying that Alabama and Florida should play in the BCS championship even if Alabama loses the SEC championship game!? You're saying Florida has to beat them twice? Texas lost one game on the road to a top 7 team on the last play of the game but they shouldn't play in it. Oklahoma lost one close game on the road to a top 3 team, and will probably win the Big 12 championship, but shouldn't play in it. Texas Tech lost one game on the road to a top 2 team but they shouldn't play in it. Yet Alabama, who has only played one team in the top 20 of the BCS standings should play in it even if they lose? Texas has played 4 teams in the Top 20 of the BCS standings. Texas Tech played 3 teams in the BCS Top 20 and their only loss is to the 2nd ranked team. Counting the Big 12 championship game, Oklahoma will have played 6 teams in the BSC Top 20.....yes, that's right.....6 teams!!! But they can't be in it. But Alabama beats #16 and loses to #4 and they should be in. Here's a summary of the BCS teams faced by the top teams and the results.
        Alabama - beat #16 Georgia
        Oklahoma - beat #7 Texas Tech, beat #11 TCU, beat #13 Cincinnati, beat #14 Oklahoma St, will probably beat #20 Missouri, lost to #3 Texas
        Texas - beat #2 Oklahoma, beat #14 Oklahoma St, beat #20 Missouri, lost on last play of the game to #7 Texas Tech
        Texas Tech - beat #3 Texas, beat #14 Oklahoma St, lost to #2 Oklahoma

And how many teams in the Top 20 of the BSC standings has Florida faced? A big fat 1....#16 Georgia...same as Alabama.
        You talk about USC's soft schedule. At least they've played 2 teams in the BSC Top 20 (Ohio St and Oregon). How many have Florida and Alabama faced again?

1 stinking team

The BCS rankings are probably the best indicator of a teams strength. Florida and Alabama play one team in the Top 20, yet according to some people they play a tougher schedule then all those other teams. Even tougher than Oklahoma who will have faced 6 Top 20 teams.

Comment

Man we need some sort of a playoff system. I know it won't happen in the near future, but we need one.

Comment

Working...
          X