Seattle at St Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle at St Louis

You've heard the phrase "irresistible force meets immovable object", right? Well how about "resistible force meets movable object"?
    Check this out. Both teams are 2-11, BTW.

SEA 29th OFF; STL 29th DEF
    SEA 20th RUN; STL 29th VS. RUN
    SEA 31st PASS; STL 24th VS. PASS
    SEA 25th PTS; STL 31st PTS ALLOWED
    STL 27th OFF; SEA 30th DEF
    STL 28th RUN; SEA 21st VS. RUN
    STL 31st PASS; SEA 32nd VS. PASS
    STL 31st PTS; SEA 27th PTS ALLOWED
    STL 29th TO/TA; SEA 24th TO/TA

SEA: HOME 1-6 AWAY 1-5
    STL: HOME 1-5 AWAY 1-6

Some more interesting tidbits.
    Seattle won the first match-up in Seattle 37-13.
    Seattle RB Julius Jones had 140 yds and a TD in that game and T.J. Duckett had 79 yds and 2 TD's. Since then, in a span of 10 games, Jones has totaled 362 yds and 1 TD and Duckett has totaled 74 yds and 3 TD's. For those of you who are mathematically challenged, for Jones that is an average of 36.2 yds and .1 TD's per game, and for Duckett that is an average of 7.4 yds and .3 TD's per game.
    Seattle has a total of 1436 yds rushing and St Louis just 1187. Adrian Peterson has 1416 yds by himself. The New York Giants have over 2000.
    Seattle's leading receiver this year is rookie TE John Carlson with 46 receptions for 525 yds. That's 14 receptions and 200 yds above the next closest receiver.
    St Louis has scored just 13 offensive TD's for the entire year. That's an average of 1 TD per game. Their opponents have scored 39 TD's.
    St Louis has been out-scored by 225 pts, for an average of 17.3 pts per game.
    Seattle has scored 23 offensive TD's, and given up 32 TD's. And they have only been out-scored by 98 pts, for an average of 7.5 pts per game.

What happens when a pathetic offense meets a pathetic defense? Better yet, what happens when 2 pathetic offenses meets 2 pathetic defenses?
    Seattle is a -2.5 favorite. Despite their inadequacies, how could they possibly not win this game? The Rams are giving up an average of 30 pts per game and scoring just 13. The St Louis offense and defense are both more pathetic than Seattle's. The only thing they have going is home field. I don't think that's enough.
    Seriously, how can Seattle possible lose this game? Anybody?

IMO you have to consider draft position here. Say what you want both teams have nothing left to look forward to except the draft.

Comment

Well this is Mike Holmgren's last year. I can't believe he would be playing for draft position. And who knows if Haslett will be around next year. I have to believe both teams will be trying.

Comment

You know for sure its holmgrens last year? I guess i missed that

Comment

Working...
        X