• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10-21-2006, 05:26 PM
    Veteran

WORLD SERIES HYPE THREAD
    WORLD SERIES HYPE THREAD

Ain't gonna sugarcoat anything, or give you 90 reasons and statistics as to why the St. Louis Cardinals will spring the upset in this series, just a couple.

1. The Tigers fleet of rookie pitchers Verlander, Robertson, and Bonderman will succumb to the pressures of the Fall Classic and the media hype, and the aggresive Cardinal line-up, and along with their tired arms will come up ineffective for the most part.....Sure they handled Oakland pretty easily, but hitting slumps are contagious and that's what did the A's in.........The guy that actually pitched the best was Kenny Rogers, but you saw how he got bombarded in the All-Star game by the National League hitters.....Expect more of the same.

2. The designated hitter rule can only help the Cardinals and hurt the Tigers......A couple of the Tiger pitchers haven't held a bat since high school (alright I tend to exaggerate a little) and the Cardinal pitchers have the ability to play "small ball" and execute the little things if that's the way La Russa decides to approach it.

3. Rolen has played a little more formidable of late, and you can't fault his competitive spirit, and Pujols is about to explode at any minute.....Watch Bonderman serve it up like a dinner plate.

4. The odds are right on the money.....and delicious.

5. Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez will choke when he's in the limelight (like he always does) and the load will be too much for Ordonez and company to handle.

6. The only one who can blow this series for the Redbirds is La Russa if he starts his "over-managing" shit again.......But by the same token, Jim Leyland is highly overrated, albeit one lucky son-of-a-bitch.

Gonna put a small play on the Cards tonight, another one on the sweep........And a "high dose" on the Series victory.....Let's get lucky as we go along......Not a big deal if they lose tonight, but it would be awfully nice to get a quick start out of the blocks.....Good Luck guys and let's hear YOUR opinions.
    10-21-2006, 05:26 PM Boone Moone's Avatar Boone Moone Boone Moone is online now Veteran Join Date: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,224 WORLD SERIES HYPE THREAD WORLD SERIES HYPE THREAD Ain't gonna sugarcoat anything, or give you 90 reasons and statistics as to why the St. Louis Cardinals will spring the upset in this series, just a couple. 1. The Tigers fleet of rookie pitchers Verlander, Robertson, and Bonderman will succumb to the pressures of the Fall Classic and the media hype, and the aggresive Cardinal line-up, and along with their tired arms will come up ineffective for the most part.....Sure they handled Oakland pretty easily, but hitting slumps are contagious and that's what did the A's in.........The guy that actually pitched the best was Kenny Rogers, but you saw how he got bombarded in the All-Star game by the National League hitters.....Expect more of the same. 2. The designated hitter rule can only help the Cardinals and hurt the Tigers......A couple of the Tiger pitchers haven't held a bat since high school (alright I tend to exaggerate a little) and the Cardinal pitchers have the ability to play "small ball" and execute the little things if that's the way La Russa decides to approach it. 3. Rolen has played a little more formidable of late, and you can't fault his competitive spirit, and Pujols is about to explode at any minute.....Watch Bonderman serve it up like a dinner plate. 4. The odds are right on the money.....and delicious. 5. Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez will choke when he's in the limelight (like he always does) and the load will be too much for Ordonez and company to handle. 6. The only one who can blow this series for the Redbirds is La Russa if he starts his "over-managing" shit again.......But by the same token, Jim Leyland is highly overrated, albeit one lucky son-of-a-bitch. Gonna put a small play on the Cards tonight, another one on the sweep........And a "high dose" on the Series victory.....Let's get lucky as we go along......Not a big deal if they lose tonight, but it would be awfully nice to get a quick start out of the blocks.....Good Luck guys and let's hear YOUR opinions. Reply With Quote
    Boone, took me awhile to remember the last time you were right but I when above and beyond for you buddy and found it!

(notice the date)

Comment

I could almost swear that I posted more recently that USC would be in the Top 3 of the Post Season polls (of course they were)..........And that the Dallas Cowboys were finished in Week 8 of the NFL this year.........Remember when I told you to "stick a fork in them" because they were done ?..........Don't those prophecies count?

I guess this stuff must me contagious because I remember you saying that the Cowboys would go 3-1 in their last 4 games of the season -- and make the playoffs.........but you had the numbers right, only backwards........as they went 1-3.........You were close.
      ;)

Comment

Well I do have a short term memory and your probably right,but then again Im not begging for attention! Maybe our motives for posting are different? Instead of pointing fingers, why don't we just refer to the game of the week as a useful resource of whos who.

Comment

OK so you're having a rare good year, which I guess has kept you from dropping out again halfway through.........but I didn't realize that posting my picks here on the Forum like everyone else does -- warrants me "craving attention".........Should I just post my picks anonomously from now on, so I don't steal your thunder?.......I didn't occur to me that I was pointing fingers by calling Dinger out, I was just responding to his post, kind of like you did when he was bashing your sorry Cowboys early in the season..........I think you responded to him a little harsher than I did.

If I ruffled your feathers at all, it's only because I take this thing a little more serioulsy than those that flip coins or draw straws or have their offspring throw darts to pick their plays on a given week.........Whatever one of the three methods you're using this year -- does seem to be working so far........for the NFL contest anyway.
          ;)

Comment

No worries, you and the other million people never gave the Cardinals a chance. The Cardinals with intensity can play with anybody. They wrapped up the NFC West and took the foot off the gas pedal and got handled the last few games of the season.

The Cardinals really dominated the Panthers in the regular season game(Almost 400 yards in passing). However Cards made stupid mistakes...Inept in Red Zone, trying a fake FG, sloppy tackling giving up a big 60+ yard TD; missed Extra Point; turnovers. Still only losing by 4 points.

Get rid of the mistakes and you dominate the Panthers. Helps the Panthers implodded though.

The terrible East coast record is based on games starting at 1PM EST (10PST). This game was later in the day...so this dilutes this stat.

Carolina's strength of schedule was not so impressive either. Going 4-0 AFC West (SD, DEN, OAK, KC).

I should have the NFC Championship numbers crunched in my Excell spread sheet and to give you my line for next week.

Comment

Good Luck the rest of the way Dinger.........The Cardinals have definitely impressed during the post season, and deserve to be where they are........The defense has really improved over the course of the season, and winning without Boldin really iced the cake........It's wide open this year, so who knows ?
              ;)

Comment

Read your previous post you fool. Your always touting your picks and patting yourself on the back. I made the previous post as a joke and you attacked. I guarantee you crave the attention. Wheres the THE STAFF AT THE BOONE MOONE FAN CLUB AND RADIO NETWORK? Odd, No? Shall we continue?

Comment

you guys are too funny

Comment

Defintion of Ignorance:

"Someone that is too stupid to know they're stupid".

I guess sooner or later every mongoloid must grow up.

Please cut and paste me a post where I was either "touting my picks" or "patting myself on the back"..........I post on here like everybody else does.......Sometimes I offer a write-up that I feel good about, and sometimes I try to throw in some entertainment value.........It's no different from anyone else...........It beats the shit out of watching half a game and crying the blues before it's even over..........If you have a problem with what I have to offer, then don't read it..............I noticed that you had YOUR OWN thread through most of the season, but yet you would post your shit on the thread I started as a write-up intead of going with your own...........Who's seeking attention here?...............Me or you?.............You asked me for MY e-mail address, I didn't ask for yours.........Did your short-term memory short-circuit on that one too?
                    ;)

Comment

Lets get a few things strait.
                      First I exchanged emails with you because I had a question for you? Getting sick of you spamming me with your picks I put you on spam.
                      Second at one point during the NFL season I missed a week of posting my picks under my thread and didnt feel like going back and updating the record, hence the posting under numerous threads throughout the finish of the season. So please dont pat yourself on the back (again) by thinking I was posting only under your thread.
                      Third, I dont have to look very far back to see you begging for attention Correct me if Im wrong, but what is this?

I could almost swear that I posted more recently that USC would be in the Top 3 of the Post Season polls (of course they were)..........And that the Dallas Cowboys were finished in Week 8 of the NFL this year.........Remember when I told you to "stick a fork in them" because they were done ?..........Don't those prophecies count? I guess this stuff must me contagious because I remember you saying that the Cowboys would go 3-1 in their last 4 games of the season -- and make the playoffs.........but you had the numbers right, only backwards........as they went 1-3.........You were close.
                      Dont worry ill answer. Your an attention whore
                      Last if my short circuited memory serves me right for a year after you posted to the WS thread you continued to "tout" how you nailed the world series. Who cares? Go take your meds and quit bitching.
                      If you want to solve this problem of whos right why dont you hit me up next season and will throw some money down on who has the better NFL season record.
                      Just a thought.

Comment

Shit....I thought you two were friends? Man, I hope I never piss anyone off

Comment

Now you're reacting like the 5-year-old kid that gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar...........I've never sent you any picks you didn't ask for.........so that's a bunch of horseshit and you're just trying to grandstand now.....really reaching son.........Those picks must have come from your pimp "Xbigbpappa" or maybe from one of those websites that let's you bet 50-cents a game that you're subscribed to.

You give me all the attention I need........Who could ask for anything more?.........Boy, is this great !!!

As for your challenge on a monetary wager.........I'm sure we could get Jeff to accomodate us by holding a little up-front deposit on the next football season where we could square off, just you and I..........We could definitely make that happen if that's the kind of lesson you need..........I'm not sure if it would be a fair fight, you know, man vs boy..........but there are a lot of things in life that I had to learn the hard way too............so, gamble on !!
                          ;)

Comment

Dragon,

You know me better.........but I hit a soft spot with this guy very early in the season by alerting the masses to the mediocrity of the Dallas Cowboys and it stuck.........He hasn't been the same towards me since...........Hell, I just call 'em as I see 'em.........don't mean to soil anyone's panties over it.........Remember, I'm a Raider fan, so you can imagine what I have to deal with, but who cares?.............It's not life and death.

A little schooling and the kid will be fine.
                            ;)

Comment

Sounds like fun be sure to notify the THE STAFF AT THE BOONE MOONE FAN CLUB AND RADIO NETWORK. For someone who post sub .500 picks as Big Winners you sure are confident.

Comment

You babbling moron this has nothing to do with the Cowboys, it has to do with you touting Big Winners, while posting sub .500 picks. You know matter of fact I dont even have to pick against you in the NFL ill just take the otherside. The only time you win in the Nfl is when you come in late and tell everyone you played 4 other plays that you didnt post that went 3-1. HMMM.... attention whore or not. Its funny how the internet breads such idiots.

Comment

Working...
                                X