Breaking down the big game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking down the big game...

What is everyone's thoughts on the game tonight.

Line keeps rising in Florida's favor, now at -5.

I personally don't play too much on these type of public games because I see the value sucked right out of them.

Looking back kinda wish I would have grabbed Florida at -3 now, but if they line keeps inching up, I may have to look at Okie in that spot for a small, play.

Anyone have a strong opinion on it?

now at Florida -5.5.

Where do youthink this one is going??? Must be boatload of Florida money coming in-begging for Okie backers!

This one is just asking for the books to get killed if it lands in that 3.5 to 5 range.

Comment

Just went to -6. The game originally opened at Florida -1.5 and 73, per Las Vegas Sports Consultants
      http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...early-line.htm
      It was quickly bet up to -3, but not sure about the total as I haven't been watching it.

Now it's -6 and 69.5. I'm sure the oddsmakers jacked the total up in the beginning in expectation of lots of 'over' bets. Maybe it backfired or maybe they knew what they were doing. I definitely wouldn't take the under. And OT could be a very real possibility. There are way too many people on Florida. If the line is moving accurately the books are liable to take a bath, and now there's a good chance of lots of 'middle' bets. I personally liked OU from the start at +3, but I've sucked at CFB this year. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see OU win SU and the house clean up.

Comment

I think the poor showings by the Big-12 teams is what moved the line. It really moved after Texas barely got by Ohio State and not looking that good doing it.

Comment

Oklahoma +12 and over 63 on a tease? I am also getting concerned that Florida rolls over another soft Big-12 defense.

I've actually enjoyed watching a few games that I didn't wager on recently. Enjoyable and relaxing and I kept thinking, glad I didn't take that side or that over or that under because I'd be pissed off or sweatin' bullets.

Comment

I am the LAST person who likes to bet with the public, but The Gators D is just too FAST. Sooners will get in the 20's but I don't see them hanging with
            the Gators. Ever since that Ole Miss loss they have been more intense blowing teams away and I think they win by a least double digits if not worse.

Gators 42-27
            good luck

Comment

I like the under 35 in the first half myself.

thats the only thing I will be playing for real cash.

Comment

I jumped on OU +6 and the over 69.5.

I think the Florida speed angle on defenes is a little overplayed. I really thought that would be a huge factor against Bama and although they did have a good showing Bama was able to overpower them at times and was gave the QB time to throw. I think the same will be true for Oklahoma. Their o-line is gigantic and they will be able to mix up the run and pass enough that Florida won't be able to pin their ears back. Florida's secondary struggled when Parker had time to look for Julio Jones.

That said, I think Florida has a big edge in special teams but hopefully Okla will move the ball enough to minimize that.

I hope it's a great game!

Good Luck,
                Swicat

Comment

I thought I would help everyone here. I dont talk about CFB and there is good reason behind this but to skip the story and get to the good stuff I like Oklahoma tonight to win. That being said and my previous horrendous experience with betting CFB. I would encourage everyone here to make a pretty hefty bet against me tonight as I have lost the last three years in the national championship game. Just my thoughts. Oh yeah for the record I have a very small parlay laid on OU +6 and over 70.
                  jpehl

Comment

Well if jpehl and I both like Oklahoma, then a Florida massacre is very likely.
                    Having said that, it looks like some Okie money is coming in as it now sits at -4.5. The total has gone back and forth between 70 and 69.5. Looks like perfect weather. I still think OT is a possibility that could kill a lot of unders. Although, there have been quite a few games that you thought were certain overs and they turned into lower scoring games due to inability to cash in when given the opportunity (turnovers, missed FG's, penalties and sacks backing teams up, etc) I hope this isn't one of those. These teams have had long breaks too, so being out of sync is a possibility. But some teams have also looked very sharp. Utah comes to mind.

Comment

watch there going to screw this game up with all these useless reviews.

Comment

I teased over on this game and the Carolina game. Not looking good as both teams are a bit out of sync. I'll need OT even to get my over 63 on the tease. But Tebow just threw another pick!

Comment

Okie line taking over! Go Boomer Sooners!

Comment

Nasty horse collar tackle by Oklahoma. I hate that. Rip the kid's knee up. I may root for Florida now.

Comment

Any thoughts on the second half? Okie looking good on both the offensive and defensive lines. But they're not the smartest team.

Comment

Working...
                              X