No announcement yet.

Breaking down the big game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful.....another game where they screw up once they get in scoring position. It's called the Philadelphia Eagle offensive scheme. Damn, I hate games like this. As for the 2nd half, I think Oklahoma has looked the best so far on offense, and their defense is playing well too. You never know what kind of adjustments will be made though so it's hard to tell. Florida has a little momentum with the 2 stops and they get the ball first.

Comment

I thought OK would be favored 2H the way they moved the ball. But OK +3. Had to take that. We may see OT.

USC, Utah and Texas already making their cases. Sloppy game so far.

Comment

I will never understand why these college teams attempt 49 yd FG's. The success rate has to be around 5%. Go for the freakin' 4th and 5 or punt the fucking ball!

Comment

Next season Im going to sell my losers to the highest bidder. Its great I cant win a game to save my life. I think i was something like 3-9 in the game of the week contest.
          jpehl

Comment

Terrible offensive play calling by OK. All that disruption with looking to the sidelines every play and three coaches doing jumping jacks on the sidelines! Just hurry up and run it and you had Florida backing up in the 1H!

Out-coached big time!

Urban Meyer would have won it with Oklahoma's guys against Florida's guys.

Comment

I feel bad for Bradford as he had to deal with that play calling.

Tough INT as the Gator took it right away from the WR.

Comment

I agree......they could have come up with something better down at the goal line. They used the hurry up to get down there and kept Florida on their heels, and then they sit there looking lost with their heads up their asses. Bradford was just slightly off tonite. He just missed on some long ones where his receiver had a step or two. And then his receivers let him down with some drops of nice passes. I hate the layoff. We didn't see either offense at their best, but both defenses played well. I think the layoff isn't as big of a deal for the defense, but it really hurts the precision and timing on offense. But Florida did not blow them out like many thought they would. The game was much closer than the final score and could have easily gone the other way.

Comment

bob stoopids is such a freakin moron. nice job of butchering all three critical scoring decisions that arose during this game.

he opts to run 2 goal line plunges instead of guaranteeing a lead and gets notta, then wastes final 1H TO with 10 seconds (after gaining a 1D) and has a pass thrown in the field of play, not in the end zone where it has to be and it gets picked, and then as mentioned, the brilliant call to attempt a 49 yd FG on 4th and 5.

I got caught up in all that OU hype and couldnt resist a small parlay on OU ML w/under. my Hart rooting for the gators but wouldnt have minded a few sooner stops when it counted. it was worth it though to see stoopids fail yet again under the bright lights of a national championship game. cant stand that whining fuck. almost thought he was gonna jump up and down and hold his breath after a couple of calls.

tebow was at his absolute worst in 1H equaling his season total of INTs with two hideous decisions, but then as he has done all season, carries the team on his back in crunch time and just wills them to victory. this kid is just a winner. was extra nice to see him obliterate his rushing prop total of 43.5 which was the best of several tasty props.

both defenses played pretty well in keeping two loaded offenses from running wild, but the sooners could find no answer for tebow in 2H. SEC rolls to yet another title.

Comment

As Widestrides stated in the above post:

"Out-coached big time!
                    Urban Meyer would have won it with Oklahoma's guys against Florida's guys."

If you watched Urban on the sideline, he kept his composure throughout the game even after some of the bonehead unsportsman like penalities. Undoubtedly, his players sense his cool, calm leadership.

Stoops never looked comfortable. The so-called hurry up OK offense did not fool Urban who had pacticed for it the past several weeks and was ready for it.

laxsfo99

Comment

I think they win by a least double digits- quote from above!

alright gators, the Bend but don't break D does it again!
                      good luck

Comment

Have to say that OU was outcoached big time.
                        the goal line play calling was just bad and Florida came up with great half time adjustments whereas OK went to sleep.

Oh well, hate to end the college season with a loss but had a great time as always with it.

Swicat

Comment

Working...
                        X