• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL WEEK 3 PLAYOFFS

Eagles -3
    Arizona 48

Balt +5
    Pitt 33

Okay here are the new lines. Right now I cant see the balt line staying at 5. I really like balt as of right now getting 5 points. I thought the over under would have been marked at 32. Any thoughts?

It looks like Pittsburgh is getting tons of respect for today's showing. The 2 meetings between these two teams this year have been decided by a total of 7 pts., with Pittsburgh winning by 3 in OT at home, and by 4 in Baltimore. If Baltimore defends the pass like they have (or haven't) been doing lately, and doesn't get the TO's they are in trouble. I don't see them getting many long scoring drives against the Steelers.
    In 2 games vs the Steelers, Flacco has completed just 45% of his passes for 1 TD and 2 INT's, and he has been sacked 7 times. Baltimore totaled just 202 yds of total offense in the 1st game, and just 243 yds when they played in Baltimore. The Ravens offense has had 7 scoring drives in those 2 games resulting in 2 TD's and 5 FG's. Only 2 of those drives was over 48 yds.
    In the match-up between these teams in Pittsburgh, Willie Parker didn't play. It was Mendenhall and Moore, with Mendenhall having to leave the game early (as it turns out, for the year). And Big Ben had a dinged throwing hand and shoulder.
    If the Steelers OL protects the QB like they did vs San Diego, they should do well. With Roethlisberger healthy this time, and with the game being in Pittsburgh, I like the Steelers. I think the oddsmakers want people to take Baltimore at +5.
    As for the Arizona/Philadelphia game, I don't think you can go by the first meeting as that was the Cardinals 1st road game after clinching, they were coming off of a very physical game against the NY Giants and then they had to immediately travel 2500 mi to Philly for a Thursday Thanksgiving Day game 4 days later. Philly was coming off of a 3 game losing streak, and 2 consecutive embarrassing losses (the OT tie against Cincy and the melt down at Baltimore where McNabb was benched). It was not only a must win, but they had something to prove. The Philly secondary has had it easy with Tavarius Jackson and an Eli Manning that has sucked big-time lately. Now they get a real passing game. I think at +3 I like Arizona.

Comment

Working...
    X