College Hoops week of Jan 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Hoops week of Jan 12

Didn;t play too much over the weekend, but what i did sucked balls. So onto the week. historically my weekdayplays kill my weekend plays for some reason.

Monday:

N Dame +6 over L'ville...Think this one is a buzzer beater type of game. L'ville is good but think they are tested tonight.

Okie/Texas UNDER 137...See an defensive game in this one with a lean towards the Sooners to pull away late.

Citadel +2.5 over Tenn-Chatt....Usually a good conf to take a home team epecially when they are a dog and when they are a military school. Ok, made some of that up, but like Citadel at home and the points are a bonus.

Thats all I see. I need to get back some cash from a crappy, square NFL weekend. I left all my logic that helped me this NFL season at the door and it came back and kicked my ass.

Onto college hoops again.

A real crappy night that could have went the other way for 3-0 instead of 0-3.

OT did me in on the ND play, as I think they scored 2 points in the OT.

I swear I switched over to the Okie game and it was 60-50 with less than 5 mins to play only to switch back a few minutes later and see it was at 136 with a minutute left.

Citadel was winning at half and looking good as a home dog but got beat pretty bad in the 2nd half.

So basically, its one of those crappy streaks that happen from time to time when everything that can go the other way, does.

Onward, and upward but be careful as I get my ship back on course!

Comment

Yeah, OT sucks big-time when you take the dog. I had Notre Dame +11.5 on a 5 pt teaser and lost.....lol!

Comment

fade away...

Tulsa +6.5 over memphis...even thought I got it at +5 this morning. Its up to 6.5 now. I think this one is surpise upset special tonight, but what do I know.

Kentucky +7 over Tenny...UK looked great against L'ville a while back and l'ville looked good last night. Think this one is close too, and hope for no OT!

Comment

A couple wins to get back on track hopefully. Tulsa almost wins, and UK routes Tenny, so it feels good that I was on good dogs finally.

Wednesday:

St.Bonny +4.5 over St.Joes...Nice home dog on a good Bonnie team. I was on them Saturday vs. duquense when they came up short. Some nice value here.

Hofstra +4.5 over Drexel...A real toss up from what I can see plus Drexel's Guard is out for the game. See this one dropping as the day goes so grab it quick but an outright win is possible for Hofstra anyway.

Iowa State pk -120 over nebraska...A very even match-up here of Big 12 teams. Edge has to go to ISU at home. ISU is off a decent game at Texas while neb beat Mizzou at home. Very cloes, low scoring game with ISU pulling away late.

Bowling Green +6.5 at Kent State...Another even match up with records and SOS. Gotta grab the points.

Strong 3-team, 7 point teaser:

Illinois pk over Michigan
          Syracuse + 13 over Gtown
          Boston College +10.5 over Wake

I hate hoops teasers generally, but this one adds up to a good play.

Also looked at:

Penn State +5 vs. Mich State...will watch and see if I can grab another point or 2 as the day goes.

Comment

Any other guys playing or observing college hoops, lease chime in too. I love to hear your opinions on the teams you know.

I am not posting just to post, trying to get a good discussion going here.

College hoops can be beat with some smart line reading and capping.

I know Boone is a sharp line reader and with a bit of capping, you can make some money. Thats what i try to do mostly and I think when I try to pick winners instead of read what the oddsmakers are thinking I start to struggle.

Anyway, please thorw your 2 cents in anytime in these threads!!

Adding one-

Illinois State/Drake OVER 132....2 higher scoring teams who shoot the 3 quite a bit. Up-tempo game here and as long as they are not cold, this one should get over the total. I got it at 131.5 actually earlier. A rare total play for me.

Comment

OK, I bit...

Penn State +6 vs. Michigan State...Maybe a flat spot for spartans. I've been going back and forth on it and finally pulled the trigger.

Comment

I freaking suck...Fade away again!

Comment

A 3-pack for Thursday but beware:

USC +1 over ASU...ripe time for an upsetover a ranked team. USC off 2 losses and at home.

Jacksonville st pk (-125) over Murray State

Wuscy GB +1 over Cleveland State

Comment

Working...
                  X