No announcement yet.

Contest for March Madness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to Jeff and BettorsWorld for their generosity for providing the prize $$ for the March madness 09 Contest. I know all appreciate. The way the world economy is going, first and second place $$ may be enough to buy a foreclosure.

Since I assume everyone, who visits this site, accepts that democracy rules, I’ll summarize the input received from above about the contest format.

Yours truly, laxsfo99, proposed the 3 weekend format that calls for 33 games to be selected with increasing points (weights) for winning selections weekend 2 and weekend 3. Ties are losers and no unders/overs. Those in favor were Allsport, Monroe Eaford, and Widestrides. However, Widestrides did suggest higher weights in the final rounds, but did not specify a numerical quantity.

Jason D suggested moving it over to Yahoo as a Private Group.

Woodie suggested that we select all the games and go from there and see what happens.

Since time is getting short and the games begin tomorrow morning for us folks out west and early afternoon for the eastern folks, it’s time to move forward ASAP. Based on the above, there were 3.5 votes for the format I proposed and one vote each for the others.

So, unless there is a major objection or a new proposal with support, I’ll post the lines (I figured out how) in the next hour (7:30 EST) and let the fun begin. You need to pick 8 teams for tomorrow.

good luck

laxsfo99

Comment

Thanks laxsfo99! Ready for the greatest sporting event of the year!!

Comment

O.K. alright, I hear my call to duty!!! I'll keep score.

Comment

All picks need to be in by first game tipoff on all days.

Comment

Thanks Wisconsin, I will gladly defer score keeping to you. Great work on the College Bowl games last December and January.

The Match Madness 09 contest rules are in my post of Match 17, 7:47 pm.

I'll post tomorrow's lines right away.

laxsfo99

Comment

Working...
            X