Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodee's Week 1 NCAA Foots

Thursday:

Bowling Green +7 over Troy...82% on Troy--Going to play a lot against the grain this year and what a way to start on a play like this with a hungry home dog. I may be wrong and Troy will run all over them as expected, but a tricky line here and not as much movement as there should be with that many folks on Troy.

7-point Tease--Tease me, Tease me...

Oregon +10.5
    GameCocks/WolfPack UNDER 54

Coming out firing here but tread lightly...

Please feel free to post in thsi thread as much as you want--I love opinions on my picks, good or bad!

Looking to Saturday--

I am leaning:

Mizzou +7 over Illinois...Sorry Carpet.

Central Mich +14 over Zona

West. Mich +13 over Michigan

Some way to use Minnesota SU at Cuse, or maybe lay the 7?

More to come...

1-1 start as the teaser teased me with a half point loss on those pathetic Oregon Ducks.

Ranked #16, my ass.

Again, the Pac-10 will be overatted once again besides USC.

Lot of hype on Arizona and Stanford, but if they are like the Ducks, they will be goood go against teams this weekend.

Bowling Green wins SU as a 7-point doggy. And the public was wrong on Troy!

Comment

That was an awesome call on Bowling Green. They blew out Troy in the second half. I wish I would have read your post sooner.
      Good Luck this season!

Comment

Adding:

La Tech +14 (buy 1/2) over Auburn

Uconn -3 (buy 1/2) over Ohio

UAB/Illinois...ML parlay

Wash State +17.5 over Stanford

Will have write-ups later as time permits.

Comment

crappy start...

Sunday:

Memphis +18 (buy 1/2) over Ole Miss...Littel over hype for a good ole miss team but I think may be believeing their own press too much and come out and get shocked.

Comment

Hope you didnt pull the trigger on memphis bro
            that was brutal

Comment

I did, but it was a game until that horrible 4th quarter.

Memphis had a good drive and was well wihtin the spread, and then the wheels fell off.

Obviously a loss, but still feel it was the play and without that collapse, it was still a a memphis cover going into the last part of the 4th.

I think Ole miss backers should feel lucky that they won that one, as it could have as easily went the other way.

A solid play although it came up a loser in the end.

Comment

Hey woodie, if ya need a "consultant", check out xbigpappa sports!

Comment

Thursday--

ML Parlay...

Steelers pk/Georgia Tech pk

-105 odds appx on the parlay.

Looking at Toledo + in Fridays game over Colorado too, juts waiting to see if I can get a a little more closer to gametime.

Comment

Saturday Plays---

La. Tech +7.5 over Navy...My fav play of the weekend and wish I would have used it for my contest play. Public perception play...Navy ALMOST beat OSU so that make them better in most people's eyes. La Tech has an experienced crew back and git smoked at Auburn where they were over matched. I see maybe a SU win here.

Iowa -6 over Iowa State... Not enough D on ISU's side and Iowa control the O-line all game. This one could get ugly.

Ohio State +3.5 over USC (First Half)...tailing BW here as I like OSU to play tough in the first and poop it down their leg later.

More possibly coming..

Comment

Nice, but close call on the ML parlay! Whew! That must have been exciting! You needed the ML on both of them!

Comment

Yeah, Thats true on that ML Parlay--I usually lose those with one of the teams blowing it so it was nice to win one.

Thats the thing--That one looked extremely solid when playing it, but it was a nail biter! Especially after switching off the college game when it was 21-0 Tech!

Heres the remainder of my plays monitored over at sports-bettors.com to help me keep track of my record:

YTD at that site, 4-2 (+180)

9/12/09 12:00PM Central Michigan +14½ at Michigan State

9/12/09 12:00PM Iowa -7 at Iowa State..(Actually got 6 here for real)

9/12/09 3:30PM Louisiana Tech +7½ at Navy (bought 1/2)

9/12/09 3:30PM Notre Dame at Michigan Over 50 (down to 46-bad number for me, but waiting to play it at the real book)

9/12/09 3:30PM Houston at Oklahoma State Over 67½

9/12/09 4:00PM SMU +12 at Alabama Birmingham

9/12/09 7:00PM Vanderbilt +14½ at LSU

9/12/09 11:00PM Oregon State at UNLV +7

Adding:
                        CFB 12:00PM North Carolina at Connecticut +4...UNC may be a bit overrrated to be this big of a fav on the road.

CFB 3:30PM BYU at Tulane +18½ ...Like a bit of a let down here.

CFB 7:00PM South Carolina +7 at Georgia

Comment

added:

UTEP +13.5 over KU

TCU/Viginia UNDER 42.5

Comment

Working...
                          X