Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon's NFL picks - Week 2

4-1 last week

Oakland +3 at Kansas City - The Chiefs were out-yarded 501-188 last week at Baltimore. They were only able to manage 29 yds on the ground on 17 carries. They may have to go with Brodie Coyle again, who finished 16 of 24 for 177 yds and 2 TD's. The Raiders played well enough to beat the Chargers, holding their high-powered offense to just 317 yds. Oakland's defense played well, and the offense should be able to move the ball against the Chiefs. Last year they came into Arrowhead Stadium in Week 2, after an embarrassing opening day home loss to the Broncos, and the duo of McFadden/Bush rushed for 300 yds in a 23-8 Raider win.
    Baltimore +3 at San Diego - Picking against the Chargers early in the season has paid well the past couple of years. I went against them last week and will again against a strong Baltimore team that has played well all year so far, going 4-0 in the pre-season (giving up just 39 pts), and winning by 2 TD's last week in holding the Chiefs under 200 yds.
    Chicago +3 vs Pittsburgh - The Steelers will be without their best defensive player in Troy Palomalu, and have issues again this year on the offensive line and in short yardage rushing situations. The Steelers only managed 36 yds rushing last week vs Tennessee, and just 13 pts. The Bears will be without Brian Urlacher, but just have a feeling they can keep this one close.
    Dallas -3 vs NY Giants - Will go with Dallas again this week as they won for me last week and will be fired up for this home/stadium opener too. They handled the Giants last year in Dallas by a score of 20-8 with a hobbled Barber and no Felix Jones. The Cowboys passing game may be better than advertised this year after torching the Bucs for 353 yds and 3 TD's through the air last week.
    Monday
    Indianapolis -3 at Miami - Will take Peyton Manning/Reggie Wayne/Dallas Clark/Joseph Addai/Donald Brown minus a FG vs Chad Pennington/Ronnie Brown and whoever.

Going to throw my NFL in here if you don't mind to keep the clutter down--

Like your Chicago and Baltimore plays.

Heres the rest of my card:

Houston +7 over Tenny--Think I am the only one in the world on them!

Lions +10 over Minny

KC -3 over Oakland

TB +5 over Buffalo

NE -3 over NYJets

I am playing contrarian a lot this week and lets see how it goes.

Good luck to eveyone!

Comment

My picks:

Ravens+3
      Panthers+6
      Bengals+9
      Jets+3 1/2
      Raiders+3

Comment

Working...
      X