Oregon Alum picks Cal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon Alum picks Cal

I'm a Duck, but I think Cal rolls this week. Might be close for awhile on emotion, but the Duck O is pretty bad. QB can't throw and doesn't have much in the way of receivers. RBs without Blount are small and will get stuffed by the stout Cal D. Oregon D is not bad but they are reckless and will get burned a time or two. I also think it will stay under the 58 as I can't see Oregon scoring 20. So unless Cal hangs a 40 in Eugene, the under looks good, but I'm afraid Cal -6 and now even -5.5 looks better. Cal D and impotent Oregon O the difference.

GL

Do you think an Oregon play in the first half, maybe +3 or so would be a good one since you think it will be close because of the emotion?

I like Cal to roll myself as I think they control the ball most of the game with thier RB.

Comment

No, I wouldn't risk even a first half wager on the Ducks. Cal will be pumped also. They smell a Pac-10 title now with USC's loss to UW.

I hope they prove me wrong, but I watched them play three games now and the Offense can move on a team like Purdue or Utah, but not Cal or Boise.

I see Cal ahead by halftime and never looking back. I'm afraid it could be a 31-10 final.

Comment

Interesting insight. I agree with your comment regarding Purdue's pourous D. If Oregon couldn't move the ball against Boise State, good luck moving it against Cal.

Comment

I'm a PAC 10 guy and I agree with what widestrides is saying. I picked Cal as my contest pick earlier this week. With the USC loss, the PAC 10 title is Cal's for the taking. They do have the Trojans on deck, but they know they can't screw this game up. The Bear's have had Oregon's number the past few years also, winning by 10, 7 and 21 the last 3 meetings against better Duck teams than this. And this is probably the best Bear team during that span. Duck QB Masoli is just 29 of 64 for 377 yds, 0 TD's and 2 INT's over his first 3 games. The Ducks have been out-1st downed 61-38 and have only converted 22% of their 3rd down attempts while allowing opponents to convert 37.5% of theirs. They are averaging less than 275 yds of offense per game. Last year, they averaged around 500 yds, which is what Cal has been doing this year. The Bears are only giving up an average of 62 yds rushing per game, and the Ducks don't have much else. The Bears should win this one by a couple TD's.

Comment

Dragon now has me even more convinced. Some eye-popping numbers. Only emotion could keep this close and probably not for long.

How do you all bet against your favorite team? Put it in and don't watch?

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides
              How do you all bet against your favorite team? Put it in and don't watch?
              And if it happens to be your wife's favorite team too.....don't tell her! In our case, we're ex Californians living in Oregon, so we root for Oregon and Oregon St as long as they aren't playing USC or Cal. When I bet against the Chargers (which happens quite often), I have to hide my emotions during the game , which is very difficult for me. She usually has it figured out by HT

Comment

No way I saw this coming. Not in my wildest dreams! The Ducks did not show any of this power and desire in their previous 3 games which I saw. How can you place a wager expecting a totally different team to show up?

I lost some confidence in my ability to scout a team with this turnaround. No way did I see this coming. Not like that. Shows what emotion and a home field can do. I'm 1-1 going with the Ducks and 1-1 going against them. That seems to be the way this racket works out no matter what!

No more going against my team.

GL

Comment

Florida played with more enthusiasm than Cal, and half of the Gators had the flu and were throwing up on the sidelines. If I didn't know better, I would have thought that there was something fishy going on in that Cal game. Something just doesn't add up, besides the score

Comment

Betting seems to be a guessing game as to who is going to show up and who is going to mail it in each week. Maybe we need to use biorhythms and astrology charts to pick games.

Who would have expected Penn State and Cal to not even show up for big games like that?

GL

Comment

Working...
                    X